Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

In defence of OUR coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:27 pm
Post subject: In defence of OUR coachReply with quote

OK, I've had enough of the vitriol being directed at our coach, Bucks, one of the greatest ever players and leaders of our club.

To be perfectly frank, I don't know if he is a good or a bad coach, what I do know is that he is a total professional, he bleeds black and white and he is doing his all to get us back on track. Seven weeks into a season is not the time to be calling for the coach's head or to be rubbishing him and our club. Now is the time for us to demonstrate the true meaning of SIDE BY SIDE.

No doubt at the end of the season, Bucks methods will be reviewed and his position will be either extended or terminated. That's as it should be. However, let's be clear on a few player related issues which are constantly dragged up to attack Bucks.

1. Heater was a mental case when the club showed him the door. His antics in the final which cost us dearly was the last straw. He had to go - for the benefit of our club and for Heater. We got Adams, which puts us ahead in the long run imo. Well done Bucks.

2. Heritier virtually suffered a mental breakdown at our club. Don't forget his rant about sexual abuse etc, which showed him in complete mental meltdown. Like Heater, he needed a fresh start. We effectively got Varcoe from that deal, and I defy anyone to say we are not ahead from that deal. Well done Bucks.

3. Seedsman was a lazy player going through the motions and seemingly never going to become professional enough to make it. If he becomes a great player at Adelaide, good luck to him, but he was not doing the hard yards at Collingwood. I'm glad he's gone. Well done Bucks.

4. Cloke has been problematic from the moment he and his old man spat the dummy over a 5 yr contract and virtually held the club to ransom leading up to the 2012 finals. Now he (and it seems his old man) are sooking because he's finally been dropped. In truth, this is an area where Bucks got it wrong. He should have traded Cloke to Freo or Carlton at the end of 2012.

5. Finally there's the cases of Didak and Jolly, who some people feel were pushed into retirement by Bucks. FFS, due to injuries and wear and tear, they were finished. Well done Bucks.

So go ahead and question Bucks coaching techniques, game-plan, communication skills, or whatever, but don't blame Bucks for turning over players and bringing in players like Treloar, Varcoe and Adams. These players are our future.

Right now we are decimated by injuries, forcing us to play far too many kids, who are probably not ready for senior footy. They are doing their best.

As for Bucks, he has my support, and I must say, I've been rather disappointed at the lack of support shown to our leader by far too many Nicksters. Question Bucks by all means, but do not attack him or our club at the very time we need to stand firm together.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Buckley the player should have no relevance to Nathan Buckley the coach.

He is being judged on his coaching record, the lack of a gameplan and 5 years of straight regression.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Love your passion Rude. But the reality is everyone has the right to an opinion. And the reality is a coach is marked by wins and losses. As Malthouse use to say "From the day your start coaching, your closer to the end of your career then you are to the beginning". The equation is simple he has to find a way to get the team winning (or at least close) or his time may be up sooner rather then later.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Jez07 wrote:

Absolutely it does. It means he deserves our respect. Question his coaching methods by all means but respect his commitment and passion for Collingwood.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:38 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

Absolutely it does. It means he deserves our respect. Question his coaching methods by all means but respect his commitment and passion for Collingwood.

No, it has no bearing on how he is viewed as a coach. The second you cloud performance, or lack of it, with sentiment, you are doomed.

No one doubts he has passion for Collingwood but he can't coach for Sh..
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Another excuse thread dressed up as another excuse thread.

If Buckley bled B&W he would walk away now before he destroys any more of our beloved player's careers.

p.s. keep the 1.5Million Bucks Bucks and Buck OFF.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Agree. A poor thread.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:48 pm

You and I are on the same wavelength, Jez07.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:50 pm

derkd wrote:
Love your passion Rude. But the reality is everyone has the right to an opinion. And the reality is a coach is marked by wins and losses. As Malthouse use to say "From the day your start coaching, your closer to the end of your career then you are to the beginning". The equation is simple he has to find a way to get the team winning (or at least close) or his time may be up sooner rather then later.

I have not defended Bucks coaching methods. In fact, I stated I've no idea if he can coach or not. However, I wanted the record set straight over some of the player related issues which are regularly used to criticise Bucks.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
derkd wrote:

I have not defended Bucks coaching methods. In fact, I stated I've no idea if can coach or not. However, I wanted the record set straight over some of the player related issues which are regularly used to criticise Bucks.

Trouble is you are guessing with no facts
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Nice to have your Head in the Sand and Just think things can Magically Change.

It's just not Buckley's Fault but he is the One in Charge

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:52 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Another excuse thread dressed up as another excuse thread.

If Buckley bled B&W he would walk away now before he destroys any more of our beloved player's careers.

p.s. keep the 1.5Million Bucks Bucks and Buck OFF.

Agree - IF Bucks is a Man of his Word.

He would Admit it's not Working and Quit from the Club

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:53 pm

I bleed black and white as well, Buckley the coach is killing us, first year coaches are going past him at a rate of knots, he is a lemon.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm just shocked the axe hasn't fallen up to now. Almost nothing barring a wooden spoon could be worse then what this club is going through right now, its mind boggling.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:55 pm

Indefensible
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11   

Jump to: