Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Next 5 Games

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 pm
Post subject: Next 5 GamesReply with quote

The Next 5 Games are:

Port @ MCG
Demons @ MCG
Dockers @ MCG
Blues @ MCG
GWS @ Spotless

I had these 5 Games as almost all wins Pre-Injury and I thought that be where we could potentially get into Top 8 or be on the Cusp of it.

But with the Injuries the only sure win is vs the Dockers and Even then I would not be Shocked IF they beat us for there 1st Win.

Your Thoughts?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:52 pm
Post subject: Re: Next 5 GamesReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
The Next 5 Games are:

Port @ MCG
Demons @ MCG
Dockers @ MCG
Blues @ MCG
GWS @ Spotless

I had these 5 Games as almost all wins Pre-Injury and I thought that be where we could potentially get into Top 8 or be on the Cusp of it.

But with the Injuries the only sure win is vs the Dockers and Even then I would not be Shocked IF they beat us for there 1st Win.

Your Thoughts?

I have GWS as flag favourites
So I can't see us beating them.
All the others are winnable

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts? Well, a 12 goal loss to GWS, for starters. They're going to thrash some better teams than us this year. Otherwise, if we don't win 3 of the next 4, including Carlton, it will be very troubling. That said, we've already lost to Melbourne and Carlton, so you'd think we'd start outsiders for both of those games. If we manage to lose to Freo, there may be a general call to man the lifeboats.

On balance, you'd hope for the team to be competitive in all 5 games and anticipate they would win 2 or 3 of them.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:57 pm

IF and I say, IF we had our best possible teams in against those sides, we would kick ass and win four games, as it is, we are crippled with injuries yet again, yet again, and our season is just about stuffed, and I am fuckimg spewing bigtime. I am an angry man indeed right now. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:41 am

The only match that I'm confident of winning is the Fremantle match. Logically, I can't see us beating GWS interstate and the other three games involving Port, Melbourne and Carlton are all 50/50 games for us.

However, this season has been unpredictable, so I'm adopting the mantra of "expect the unexpected".

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am

I am expecting to be unexpectedly surprised… we are a serious chance this week and that is the most important thing.

The test will be if the Pies can maintain the game style that has seen us become competitive against genuine finals contenders - keep that up and we will be a chance against all teams even the Giants!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Prior to 3/4 time on Sunday, I'd have penciled in wins for all these games, but not so now. I guess it will depend mainly on how we perform this week against the Power. If our inclusions do the jobs asked of them and we maintain our attacking mindset all over the ground, we may just pull off a great victory. If we manage to win that, then who knows what lies ahead. I thought injuries cruelled our seasons the last 2 years, but this year our injury toll is the worst ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: