Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pendles No.1 at Champion Data.....but not at Nick's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:16 am
Post subject: Pendles No.1 at Champion Data.....but not at Nick'sReply with quote

Here's an excerpt from an article in the HSun today. Champion Data rates Pendles No.1 over the past month. Interesting because many Nickster's couldn't fit him in for a vote these last 2 weeks. Go figure.

"After starting the season in defence, when he perhaps wasn’t at full fitness, Scott Pendlebury has moved back to the engine room and returned to his phenomenal best.

It has flown under the radar amid the Cloke circus, but the Magpies skipper has averaged 139 SuperCoach points over the past four games — ranked No. 1 according to Champion Data.

That covers Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin (136), Sydney ball magnet Josh Kennedy (135), GWS Giants playmaker Heath Shaw (132) and Carlton star Bryce Gibbs (131).

He has scored at least 140 points in three of his last four games."

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath Shaw at 4th place..that still pains me to read. had to happen , but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, knowing how well we could be with him still in and freeing other players up around the ground.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:04 pm

They think Gibbs is a star Shocked
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Yes, Kennedy, Heater and Pendles should consider suing Champion Data for putting them in a list with Gibbs and Cotchin.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Don't be fooled by Heath Shaw's performance, tap to kick in makes up 60% of his disposals this year... that's what you call cheating!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:55 pm

It's a matter of Pendles standard being above most others. I look for others to give a vote to when they may have not played better than Pendles but better than their usual standard and the champ was below his. It's just the life o being a champion. I don't think he'll be losing any sleep over it.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Pendles No.1 at Champion Data.....but not at Nick'sReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
Champion Data rates Pendles No.1 over the past month. Interesting because many Nickster's couldn't fit him in for a vote these last 2 weeks. Go figure.

Of 53 lots of votes cast, 11 gave Pendles the maximum, 9 gave him second best and another 9 gave him their 3 points.

I, for one, gave him only third best against the Bulldogs because of his unusually low efficiency rate - 66%.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:09 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

His reign as Captain are some of the lowest performing years in our Club history. I am sorry, but he must surely share some of the responsibility. He may be a great individual genius player, but we need a team to perform. Bucks was a brilliant individual player too. We never got a flag when he was Captain. I feel Pendles is a fine individual player. I don't rate him as a Captain.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:26 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

I find this comment to be very unfair. Do you expect Pendles on his own to make us a Premiership contender? Our renaissance this year into some kind of form has been due to the massive improvement in our midfield and this has been led by Pendlebury. His form has been fantastic, and in combination with Treloar our midfield is now beginning to flex muscle. On the field, he is leading by his amazing example, and I have also been observing him frequently marshalling our midfield structures. He is quite OK as our captain.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:03 am

Pendles is the victim of very high expectation more than anything else.

A club legend of the highest order and he's looking as good as ever now, since he's apparently overcome his rib injury that hindered him earlier in the season.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:17 am

Hiss wrote:
His reign as Captain are some of the lowest performing years in our Club history. I am sorry, but he must surely share some of the responsibility. He may be a great individual genius player, but we need a team to perform. Bucks was a brilliant individual player too. We never got a flag when he was Captain. I feel Pendles is a fine individual player. I don't rate him as a Captain.
i agree, I don't think he's any where near the captain maxy was. Champion player, but yes an individual

As an aside, is it necessary for posters to attack comments like the Gove with 'your not a real supporter' etc, can we grow up past primary school and have a conversation without that crap?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:17 am

Hiss wrote:
i agree, I don't think he's any where near the captain maxy was. Champion player, but yes an individual

As an aside, is it necessary for posters to attack comments like the Gove with 'your not a real supporter' etc, can we grow up past primary school and have a conversation without that crap?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:20 am

Neil I think it's how diffent people view the games and the stats.
I don't vote for those who amass the highest possession count.
I look for players who I believe played there role for the team (as I see it) and those who I think we're valuable in achieving the result for the team
Case in point I often see Sidey getting loads of votes because he's had say 30 touches. But I look at what he did with those 30. Last week he had 26 touches which sounds good but when it's broken down he had 20 in the first half but only 6 after half time and only 1 in the last term when we needed our leaders to stand up. Like wise Varcoe had next to none after half time as well when he was required as a senior player to stand up. I gave neither of them any votes.
Conversely someone like Frosty against Geelong was fantastic for 3/4qtrs on Hawkins and kept us in the game and him out of the game which for mine warrants points.
I think stats can be very misleading at times. Like Murphy or Gibbs getting 30 and kicking one or 2 and the side losses by 6 goals. They mean nothing really.
Think C Rioli he often gets 10-15 touches but will kick 3 or 4 and set up another couple with them so his touches while limited impact a game
Also depending on the game style played by a team on any given day players can rack up stats by basically standing still and hand balling back and forth.
Not saying I'm right but we all see the game differently.
All those stats mean to me is that Pendles is an elite player of the highest order and every club would love to have him which i already knew
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:01 am

Great post.

I didn't realise sideys stats were spread like they. I'm shocked actually. I guess when we ran out of rotations he ran out of puff.

Varcoe has shown some good sign last couple of games, but he not the player he was last year. Really hope he gets back there soon.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:40 am

think positive wrote:
Great post.

I didn't realise sideys stats were spread like they. I'm shocked actually. I guess when we ran out of rotations he ran out of puff.

Varcoe has shown some good sign last couple of games, but he not the player he was last year. Really hope he gets back there soon.

Wasn't a knock on Sidey (even though I was disappointed in his second half) but shows how stats can be funny
Remember Sidey's first half against Essendon Anzac Day ? Probably the best half of football I've seen in years. The game was there to be won and he was instrumental in winning it for us. After half time he had 8 touches by memory but it didn't take away from his first half performance and I gave him votes that day
Varcoe is still hampered by his hammy IMO
I just vote the way I see who's been influential the most and not by stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: