Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Demons - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:07 am
Post subject: Pre Match. Magpies v. Demons - All comments please.Reply with quote

Saturday.

Collingwood v. Melbourne

MCG. 1.45

Our team.

B: Brayden Maynard, Lynden Dunn, Tyson Goldsack
HB: Jeremy Howe, Tom Langdon, Jack Crisp
C: Steele Sidebottom, Taylor Adams, Tom Phillips
HF: Josh Daicos, Darcy Moore, Callum Brown
F: Jamie Elliott, Kayle Kirby, Will Hoskin-Elliott

Foll: Brodie Grundy, Josh Thomas, Adam Treloar

Int: Matthew Scharenberg, James Aish, Tim Broomhead, Mason Cox

Emg: Jarryd Blair, Josh Smith

IN: Tyson Goldsack, Brodie Grundy, Kayle Kirby,
OUT: Jarryd Blair, Josh Smith (omitted), Ben Reid (sore)

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:37 am; edited 3 times in total
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

When do sydney and Adelaide play again. I really enjoyed watching that game.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:10 am

I hope we knock them out of the finals. On an equal playing field we would have beaten them on Queens Birthday earlier this year. They are pretenders at best.

That said we have a very young and experienced team so it will be take a great deal of effort and grit to beat them. Play like we did in the 1st quarter against the Cats for the vast majority of the game and we will win for sure.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 am

If Adams is injured and can't play we are going to be in a lot of trouble against Melbourne. Without Adams I would envisage we will offer little resistance to Melbourne who have a deep midfield and a FF who will kick goals against us.

What I would like to see is the club talk White out of retiring. Play him at CHB against Melbourne. Drop Smith, Blair and Phillips. Bring both Keeffe and Grundy into the side. Play Moore in a ruck roving role all over the field which he did anyway against Geelong.

Our spine would therefore be Grundy in the ruck and Dunn at FB, White at CHB, Reid at CHF and Keeffe at FF. Alternate Grundy and Cox off the interchange bench. Build the rest of the team around mids who know how to hit a target. That means keep playing Daicos and Brown in the team. I would also keep playing Broomhead who I think copped some unfair criticism last week. Ramsay is the other one who should come into the team.

OK I'm dreaming. None of the above will happen this week, or next year, but we need to accept it's going to be a long time before we develop a young CHF or CHB. That's the price we pay for going for the quick fix under the free agency rules in recruiting types like Quentin Lynch.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 am

Win and knock the Dees out of the finals - should be motivation enough...
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Win and knock the Dees out of the finals - should be motivation enough...

Agree I hate these pr#cks!

www.facebook/the hybernators
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:50 am

I hope we win by 108 points and they miss the finals by 0.1 %
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:51 am

Melbourne will only miss the finals if we beat them and WC defeat Adelaide in Perth. They are 4 points and 2% above WC already. So essentially, our stirring comeback vs WC at Etihad is likely to keep both Essendon and Melbourne in the finals. Oh, the irony!
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 pm

By about 4.30pm on Saturday this sad miserable season will be over. For that we can be thankful...

Did it do enough to assure everybody that a bright future was just around the corner just like 1987? Sadly no.

Did it do enough to convince the kings of wishful thinking that finally the coach we put so much faith in 6 years ago is not the one to take us forward? Also sadly no.

The past 5 years is not enough to convince everybody that momentum has left the building, because we have had worse seasons in the past. This is not a Tony Shaw/Murray Weidemann shocker, but neither is it anything to keep faith in either. It's a nothing sort of season.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm

They'll be hungry to stay in the hunt, we on the other hand will lay down & take everything they throw at us graciously like the useless twats that we are.

Thanks for coming...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
By about 4.30pm on Saturday this sad miserable season will be over. For that we can be thankful...

Did it do enough to assure everybody that a bright future was just around the corner just like 1987? Sadly no.

Did it do enough to convince the kings of wishful thinking that finally the coach we put so much faith in 6 years ago is not the one to take us forward? Also sadly no.

The past 5 years is not enough to convince everybody that momentum has left the building, because we have had worse seasons in the past. This is not a Tony Shaw/Murray Weidemann shocker, but neither is it anything to keep faith in either. It's a nothing sort of season.

To each their own so I respect your opinion. Good on you for expressing the majority view here.
However I reckon the Collingwood candle is shining brightly enough to keep it going next year when our light becomes much brighter while the other club's candles darken.
You (and 99% of others here) will obviously strongly disagree with me and send me back to my crazy planet or on a slow boat to China! But I have this deep gut feeling that things will very quickly turn around. Remember teams like St Kilda and Melbourne haven’t won another flag for years but not for the want of trying. Winning flags is much more than the coach and players, and I feel that Collingwood has the strong administration and solid foundation to continue a work in progress at the moment. Chucking the baby out with the bathwater has never worked for me and neither has simplistic, illogical, irrational so called solutions made at a drop of a hat to extremely complex issues and unforeseen circumstances. Winning AFL flags is not just a walk in the park as many here think it is, and/or expect it to be. Unfortunately this is the unsavoury truth that is hard to swallow year after year but 17 other clubs share the very same result.
I await being flamed but that is OK as this forum is all about debate and various opinions that flow contrary to others. My loyalty, affection and love for Collingwood has never faded through thick or thin. That is life and it is a given that all people/clubs go through such experiences and lessons.
I look forward to next season with a far greater anticipation than I did this season. As to whether I'm setting myself up for failure or success, only God knows or, if not a faith practising person, only time will tell.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:27 pm

I'd agree with you except for one thing - last round last year. From memory we lost to Hawthorn by 1 point, which was evidence enough of the bright future...

Made a change I guess from getting done by Hawthorn by 10 goals, our usual farewell to the season...

I put this one here rather than the Buckley pile because I came to bury 2017 not to praise it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:13 pm

The QB game was a total joke, Umps reamed us royally. If we get Varcoe and a few others back, we will worry the life outa these Toffy bastards.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:29 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
I'd agree with you except for one thing - last round last year. From memory we lost to Hawthorn by 1 point, which was evidence enough of the bright future...

Made a change I guess from getting done by Hawthorn by 10 goals, our usual farewell to the season...

I put this one here rather than the Buckley pile because I came to bury 2017 not to praise it.

Something tells me your last sentence is out of Shakespeare but I can't think which play it comes from?
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 pm

It is from Julius Caesar, and appropriate as there is something Shakespearean about the pickle we constantly find ourselves in...

However, Julius is a byword for greatness, whereas Collingwood 2017 must surely be a byword for mediocrity - a Polonius, an Andrew Aguecheek, perhaps...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: