Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Top Four?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 am
Post subject: Top Four?Reply with quote

Who'd a Thunk it??

If everything goes our way this weekend, after EVERY team has completed 13 games we could be sitting in 4th with a healthy percentage and ONLY one game and percentage off top spot.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise to the true believers Cool
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Didn't think we were a top 4 team at the start of the year. I think only the most optimistic supporters thought we were.

There's no still guarantee that we will be a top 4 team let alone a finals team at the end of the season. We need to keep pushing on and piling on the wins now as we've been in this position in 2014 and 2015, only for us to drop away substantially and miss the finals.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Eade was thinking top 4 quite a while back (before our last bad loss, but before our most recent good win). Not sure what he thinks now about us. He has similar views to me on quite a few things: e.g. the poor standard of the competition, and that come finals just see who has the fewest injury problems.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Sadly we don’t play finals after round 13.

Hawthorn is the wild card in our tilt at finals.
They have a very soft run home and I reckon they will replace someone.
If we lose to the Kangas, we are back in the muck. If we beat them and we get some separation between us and them, we should be fine.

Oh and I wouldn’t mind facing the Eagles in a months time, still without both Darling and Kennedy either.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 pm

After we beat the scum, as long as Port does the right thing, we'll be 4th, with 9 wins from 13 games. We should still finish in the top 4 even if we were to lose 3 of our remaining 9 games. From there, we win the Flag. It's that simple. Cool
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves – we will most likely be top 4 at the end of this round, but, with our draw, I’d be surprised if we stayed there. Indeed, top 8 is still far from a certainty. I want to see us have a better than 50/50 record against top 8 teams (we’re currently 1-2, and 1-4 against the top 10) before I’ll have any realistic hope for a top 4 finish.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 pm

All true, David, but I have the feeling we have improved a lot since we played Geelong and Richmond. Still, Rounds 17-20 are undoubtedly where our season and our chances will be written. To date, our only really big scalp has been Melbourne, as the Adelaide victory has come to look less impressive as they slide down the table week by week.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Short term I'll settle for a win this week. Medium term I'd like us to finish top 8 and play finals.

Anything more is a bonus.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Shock to me as I thought we would Struggle this Season.

Still just half a Season but I am glad it looks like I was wrong on Pre-Season Thoughts

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Jezza wrote:
Didn't think we were a top 4 team at the start of the year. I think only the most optimistic supporters thought we were.

There's no still guarantee that we will be a top 4 team let alone a finals team at the end of the season. We need to keep pushing on and piling on the wins now as we've been in this position in 2014 and 2015, only for us to drop away substantially and miss the finals.

Spot. 2014 and 2015 we had as a Good Start then Fell Off the Face of Planet in 2nd Half of season and Missed Finals

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Sure, but our development curve and top players were on the way down then, and on the way up now. It makes all the difference in the world.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Perfect result. A narrow Port win.
Beat Carlton and we overtake Geelong, Melbourne & Port and go up to fourth.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:57 am

Top 4 is very realistic. Especially considering we will start favourite in 9 of our last 10 games starting with the scum tomorrow.

With the eagles falling away quickly and Sydney, Richmond, Geelong, Melbourne all playing eachother over the next 6 weeks there's a good chance we find ourselves in 2nd spot after next weekend and a game clear the week after.

Go Pies!!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:57 am

Mugwump wrote:
All true, David, but I have the feeling we have improved a lot since we played Geelong and Richmond. Still, Rounds 17-20 are undoubtedly where our season and our chances will be written. To date, our only really big scalp has been Melbourne, as the Adelaide victory has come to look less impressive as they slide down the table week by week.

In the early StKilda game in 2010 they beat us comfortably, but by the second half of that season we moved past both StKilda and Geelong. Hope that pattern repeats this season. To do that we need to keep improving. The difference is there were only two great teams in 2010 to get past. This year there are several top teams out there who are difficult to beat on their day. Port is obviously a good team. It's last man standing by the preliminary finals. I expect Port to be there. I expect Sydney and Richmond to be there as well, which leaves the fourth spot open to us if we're good enough. North and WCE are unknowns. They have the wins at this point. I don't think they have the stamina to last the distance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: