Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ed's in trouble again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
This is a non story.

I couldn't give a toss. Rolling Eyes

But it's Eddie. Therefore it is a story.

It's not what was said. It's who said it.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Wasn't watching but heard the comment in the background. My immediate reaction was, geez, Ed, it's a coin toss, WGAF?! As for the supposed inappropriateness of the comment, well, the fall out is pretty much why I mostly avoid social media and mainstream news these days.

Last edited by Piethagoras' Theorem on Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:12 pm

I didn't see it. I saw Eddie's apology and his face for the next few minutes. He looked mortified. He was checking his phone for media response. I am gonna guess and say Eddie has watched and been commentating at the moment of coin tosses hundreds of times. He had a well developed opinion on the failure of people to toss a coin. He was flippant and probably without connecting the person tossing, his opinion and her disability let it out his frustration. He apologised right away on live TV. Does anyone actually believe he made the criticism at the same time as being conscious of her disabilities? Surely not.

I must say what happened to that woman in 2007 in falling out of a burning jet and surviving is incredible. She has some remarkable achievements. I think we can acknowledgment she must be a quality person. But so is Eddie. The apology is done and so that is that as far as I am concerned.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:13 pm

More faux outrage. People aren't happy unless they have something or someone to complain about.

Anyway. isn't the coin toss so old fashioned? Surely the Americans have come up with something better Wink

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:45 pm

I'm surprised that footy betting hasn't offered bets on the outcome of the toss. The world has gone phucking mad. Rolling Eyes
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Presti35 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
This is a non story.

I couldn't give a toss. Rolling Eyes

But it's Eddie. Therefore it is a story.

It's not what was said. It's who said it.

Correct. Just like the Caro waterslide thing, where her broadcast buddy Shawy and someone else laughed about doing the same thing on air that Ed suggested.

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:14 pm

I just wish Eddie would think before speaking. Another non issue that will be discussed on and on for days.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:50 pm

For all their posturing, this has worked out well for Sydney who are well known Eddies haters going back to early days of Richard Colless.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Carro is in full attack mode on 3AW.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
More faux outrage. People aren't happy unless they have something or someone to complain about.

Anyway. isn't the coin toss so old fashioned? Surely the Americans have come up with something better Wink

They still toss the coin at the NFL. It's routinely stuffed up by people who get the opportunity but can't really do it. IIRC, the great George Halas tossed the coin at a Super Bowl a few years ago (I think it must have been at a Steelers or 49ers win in the 70s or very early 80s) but wasn't really up to it (I guess the difference is that George's status was as an icon of the game, so people were pleased he could be there). No-one much minded. I don't think there was even a comment. I'm not sure that a spinning coin toss is as important to either game as, say, a straight bounce by an umpire in the centre is to ours.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Carro is in full attack mode on 3AW.

Well, what do you expect? She's hardly going to be talking about what a great bloke Dustin Martin is, today, is she? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Imagine today's discussion topic: "Tigers: Dynasty or Herbal Remedy?" Shocked
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Eddie does have foot in mouth disease ,there’s no doubt about that.He often says things before thinking,usually to get a cheap laugh Even if he didn’t know that woman was disabled why was he sledging someone for tossing a coin?Was there any need to publicly humiliate a person like that?I don’t think so.

He really needs to think before he speaks.His blokey 80’s style humour does get him in a lot of trouble and seems out of place in today’s politically correct times.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:11 pm

If it was The Rock Dwayne Johnson who threw the coin like Cynthia did, Eddie would have made the same joke. Yeah it was a foot-in-mouth thing, but people are manufacturing outrage out of this.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:38 pm

Cam wrote:
Correct. Just like the Caro waterslide thing, where her broadcast buddy Shawy and someone else laughed about doing the same thing on air that Ed suggested.

Two other people laughing about the same thing does not mean it must necessarily be appropriate.

doriswilgus wrote:
Eddie does have foot in mouth disease ,there’s no doubt about that.He often says things before thinking, ...

He really needs to think before he speaks. ...

It's a bit like the clanger count for players who get a lot of the ball. There would be fewer clangers if he wasn't constantly on air. In one of the previous incidents, he was supposedly drugged up with painkillers after a knee op. Why anyone needs to be on air in that state, I've no idea. It's okay to take sick leave for one day.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:45 am

think positive wrote:
OMG poor Eddie, I just tried to explain it to my daughter and was laughtoo hard to get there! I mean come on! It’s actually a compliment he didn’t realise this ladies disabilities, shespretty amazing. I wonder if she’s upset by it.

I saw it on channel seven, and I for one had NO idea she was disabled, I did not notice her walking cane. I did not know who she was, I thought she was just some swans fan. Look, eddie made a faux pas, and he apologized to her and to the swans, profusely, for his very slight error. On bloody twitter the haters are going nuts, u had to point out to some of em, that eddie has done with the club, a lot of charity work for homeless folks, drug addicts, unemployed, and disabled, he really has. On twitter they want him hung nearly, just Pies haters, and the bloody swans have had him in their sights for years, re the salary cap stuff, tis a storm in a bloody teacup, really. Rolling Eyes Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: