Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ed's in trouble again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CootaPie, Ed didn't know about Cynthia. If it was someone without disabilities who tossed the coin, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The media, which it loves to do, manufactured outrage out of this for their own profit.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Yeah alright then.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:30 pm

Did he have any commitments today?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 pm

If he knew she was disabled, he would never have said what he did, never, and he did apologise profusely, to her personally too, but that is not enough for some of our Puritan media.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:50 pm

CootaPie wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Look. Anyone that is offended by this needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

This is a classic case of the modern society that will look for any excuse to scream "not fair", "inappropriate" and of corse for those who hate Collingwood/Eddie to stick the boots in.

And it's really sad.

We're talking about a coin toss here. And yeah she �$%$ed it up. Oh well, so what? He did not make any reference to her situation at all. He probably didnt even know about it. He made a comment. A comment that wouldn't mean anything if it came from someone else. And he said it seems to happen "every week" and "it cant be that hard". And it does happen a lot, where someone stuffs up the coin toss.

But oh I work with disabled people which gives me the right to be offended. Please. All this is about is who said it not what was said.

If it was, say, Luke Darcy who said it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. No one would give a fk. What if it was Bruce, or Dermie, or Dwayne? It would be minor. We probably wouldn't even know about it.

Now how about this. Where I used to work, guess what? We had disabled people there. Oh and guess who went out of his way to ring up and wish him a happy birthday? This particular worker was a Collingwood supporter and had lost his mother about 3 or 4 months earlier. And it was Eddie who went out of his way to have a phone conversation with him and invite him to have a special experience at a match. This was over 4 years ago now. Where's the story on that? Evil, clueless, heartless Ed.

He would take it back if he could. And maybe he shouldnt have said anything. But there was no intent to make fun or offend anyone. Anyone would think he called her a legless cnt.

There's more important things to worry about. And there's a lot more horrible people out there then Eddie. Honestly.

No. You're very wrong. It isn't the fact that I work with disabled people that gives me the right to be offended by what McGuire said. I had that right already if you weren't aware of the way society works. I don't need your approval to express an opinion either.

Also I have no need or inclination to have a "good hard look" at myself. I thought what this clown said was disgraceful on Friday night and I still think it's disgraceful now.

People who are offended by his pathetic attempt at humour are also not "anti-Collingwood" as has been indicated several times in his this topic. I have been a proud member for 20-plus years. I spend quite a deal of money travelling from interstate each year with my son (another member) to watch matches. I heard the comments on Friday with five others, including two other Collingwood members, and all were similarly disgusted.

It is not about who said it at all. I would be equally offended if I heard my mates mocking a disabled person in the pub. I can agree to disagree about McGuire's intentions but I won't be told what I should think about what he said.

I believe this topic has gone on too long and I had finished with it yesterday until you ridiculously mentioned my work situation. I only indicated my employment and my club membership initially to indicate some balance behind my opinion.

He didn’t mock a disabled person. That sounds like he made fun of her disabilities.

He mocked the coin toss action of a person.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
If he knew she was disabled, he would never have said what he did, never, and he did apologise profusely, to her personally too, but that is not enough for some of our Puritan media.

I 100% believe this

K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:57 pm

The coin toss was fine. (Not that it matters for the topic.)
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm

CootaPie wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Look. Anyone that is offended by this needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

This is a classic case of the modern society that will look for any excuse to scream "not fair", "inappropriate" and of corse for those who hate Collingwood/Eddie to stick the boots in.

And it's really sad.

We're talking about a coin toss here. And yeah she �$%$ed it up. Oh well, so what? He did not make any reference to her situation at all. He probably didnt even know about it. He made a comment. A comment that wouldn't mean anything if it came from someone else. And he said it seems to happen "every week" and "it cant be that hard". And it does happen a lot, where someone stuffs up the coin toss.

But oh I work with disabled people which gives me the right to be offended. Please. All this is about is who said it not what was said.

If it was, say, Luke Darcy who said it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. No one would give a fk. What if it was Bruce, or Dermie, or Dwayne? It would be minor. We probably wouldn't even know about it.

Now how about this. Where I used to work, guess what? We had disabled people there. Oh and guess who went out of his way to ring up and wish him a happy birthday? This particular worker was a Collingwood supporter and had lost his mother about 3 or 4 months earlier. And it was Eddie who went out of his way to have a phone conversation with him and invite him to have a special experience at a match. This was over 4 years ago now. Where's the story on that? Evil, clueless, heartless Ed.

He would take it back if he could. And maybe he shouldnt have said anything. But there was no intent to make fun or offend anyone. Anyone would think he called her a legless cnt.

There's more important things to worry about. And there's a lot more horrible people out there then Eddie. Honestly.

No. You're very wrong. It isn't the fact that I work with disabled people that gives me the right to be offended by what McGuire said. I had that right already if you weren't aware of the way society works. I don't need your approval to express an opinion either.

Also I have no need or inclination to have a "good hard look" at myself. I thought what this clown said was disgraceful on Friday night and I still think it's disgraceful now.

People who are offended by his pathetic attempt at humour are also not "anti-Collingwood" as has been indicated several times in his this topic. I have been a proud member for 20-plus years. I spend quite a deal of money travelling from interstate each year with my son (another member) to watch matches. I heard the comments on Friday with five others, including two other Collingwood members, and all were similarly disgusted.

It is not about who said it at all. I would be equally offended if I heard my mates mocking a disabled person in the pub. I can agree to disagree about McGuire's intentions but I won't be told what I should think about what he said.

I believe this topic has gone on too long and I had finished with it yesterday until you ridiculously mentioned my work situation. I only indicated my employment and my club membership initially to indicate some balance behind my opinion.

Yep you should have finished with it and taken your overly sensitive , inflated sense of offense with you and busied yourself with growing a back bone.

Ed should never have had to apologise.

Sorry ...,,but The whole thing is an utter farce.

By next week end - no one will care about it. And rightly so.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Thanks for the advice champ but strongly suspect you'd be the wrong person to talk to about backbones.
Pappy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:43 pm
Post subject: Eddie does it againReply with quote

But, jokes are meant to be funny!

Eddie is almost never funny, he just makes fun of others, usually those who are less privileged and influencial.

Bad taste yet again from a bad president, so full of himself he doesn't have room to think about anyone else.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:16 am

^^ troll alert Exclamation
could be Caro Rolling Eyes
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:20 am
Post subject: Re: Eddie does it againReply with quote

Pappy wrote:
But, jokes are meant to be funny!

Eddie is almost never funny, he just makes fun of others, usually those who are less privileged and influencial.

Bad taste yet again from a bad president, so full of himself he doesn't have room to think about anyone else.

oh here they come, you are a bloody troll for sure, who does not even barrack for the Magpies, you just came on here to have a poke at our President, its so obvious it sticks out like dogs balls. Piss off troll, you are not wanted here, you only joined today to sink the boot into our President, so bugger off. Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:47 am

The leftist outrage brigade is out for blood. They'll use any excuse to attack and Eddie is a plum target. Add to that it happened in the match, and you have the perfect storm in a Sydney president's teacup.

Did the accusers ask the obvious question of whether Eddie knew the lady doing ithe coin toss was disabled? I mean, have we established the most important fact here? Most likely, Eddie didn't know, in which case he did nothing wrong. apart from musing why if someone was selected to toss a coin, they wouldn't at least have made sure they could do a couple of practise throws before the event....perfectly logical in my view.

The world most certainly has problems. A joke about a coin toss is not one of them. Move on everyone and leave Eddie alone.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:48 am

Own goal:

Ed shoots

himself

in the foot

(again).

Dill.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:05 am

Hope there's no collateral damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: