Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Saints. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geary to miss with a hamstring injury
https://www.afl.com.au/news/450107/injury-to-force-saints-captain-out-of-huge-clash-with-pies
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:47 pm

Handy news, we got to shut down Hill, Stevo rolled out the barrell last year against them, Bring him in.

www.facebook/the hybernators
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Flip of a coin, this game. I do worry that after quarter time in the Richmond game we lost all shape. no drive from the middle, and forwards lost all function. one goal in fifty minutes of football is a real worry.

If we allow the Saints outside run, we are in real strife in this game. We have to shut them down and apply the same pressure we did to the Tigers...but we also have to take the shots at goal....i know players might have been tired (Mihocek), but one thing that annoys me in the modern game is a player at 50 who has the legs to make the shot trying to pass it off.

I feel that the round just gone is not a great sample size on the competition as a whole. We saw good teams (West Coast, GWS) drop games you would not have expected. Was it a one off? going to have to see how everyone (including Collingwood) bounce back after this round.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Quote:
In The Mix Round 3 v Saints

Mason Cox
Missed the draw with Richmond after being unable to get enough work in on the track in the lead-up due to knee soreness. Played in the reserves practice match against the Tigers at the MCG last Wednesday and will press his case for a recall on the training track this week.

Jaidyn Stephenson
Was an emergency for the round one win over the Western Bulldogs and was then an emergency for the clash with the Tigers as well. Played in the reserves game and now needs to put his best foot forward on the training track.

Rupert Wills
Like Stephenson, Wills has been an emergency for both rounds one and two and then played in the reserves game against the Tigers. Has positioned himself strongly if a gap opens up in the Pies' strong midfield.

Brayden Sier
Showed positive signs during the reserves game against Richmond. Has had a strong pre-season.

Jay Rantall
Played a half in the reserves game and was named first emergency for round two. Finds plenty of the football during match simulation. Not far off.

Travis Varcoe
Has recovered well from shoulder surgery in the pre-season. His speed off the half-back line could be handy?

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/706182/in-the-mix-round-3-v-saints

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 pm

The Saints gave us real trouble for 3/4 the last time we met at the MCG and if not for missed opportunities might have broken our resolve by the 3/4 time siren.

The forecast at this stage is for a wet day on Saturday so it'll be interesting if that favours their running game or will slow them up and our defence can strangle them.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:32 pm

Tough game and ripe for another upset, but i think we will want to bounce back from a rather lethargic game v the tigers. Bucks said we will be better for the run, in that game, come up better now. I expect the Aints to push us hard, but reckon their backs wont hold our forwards, all the game, their back line isnt that flash, ours is very solid. We can wear em down, i reckon, and get home by around 22 points. I hope Cox and Stephenson come in too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 pm

If it’s rain and thunder as predicted, no chance Cox comes in.
I’d bring in Stephenson, maybe Sier too. JT has to miss, and WHE isn’t far behind him.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I’d bring in Stephenson, maybe Sier too. JT has to miss, and WHE isn’t far behind him.

I read somewhere that JT is the coach's new Blair Wink Laughing
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:54 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

JT is a great kick at goal.
love it when he gets the ball within the arc.
trouble is he doesn't get the ball that often
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:15 pm

While Cameron didn't impact as a forward and it was far from a dominant display his 8 marks was 1 more than Cox managed in any of his 14 games last year.

Obviously he's a mature aged recruit and not a kid but in just your second AFL game and up against the reigning Premier I think he did enough to warrant another shot this week.

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Any news on Grundy?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:55 pm

melliot wrote:
Any news on Grundy?

Didn't train today according to 7 News.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:21 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

hes not fit to carry Blairs boots!
even now!

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Jezza wrote:
melliot wrote:
Any news on Grundy?

Didn't train today according to 7 News.

So much for the Pies "escaping" injury from the game.

swoop42 wrote:
The Saints gave us real trouble for 3/4 the last time we met at the MCG and if not for missed opportunities might have broken our resolve by the 3/4 time siren.

Yes, they did.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi all, this is my first post for the year. Seems I've left it a bit too long as I just typed up a lengthy post, but somehow it didn't load correctly, so here's hoping I get it right this time!

I truly hope young Stevo hasn't got a bit ahead of himself, as having sabotaged our finals campaign last year, he really owes us big time, so it's worrying that he's not being picked. I hope their aren't some discipline issues at play here? His absence last week cost us the game. We can't afford that to happen again.

Cameron did quite well, but needs to clunk a few near goals. Cam Brown had a great 1st quarter but then went missing. Young Daics looks like he's coming of age. You know what they say, "class will out". He's pure silk. What he needs to do now is back it up with a few good games in succession to cement a spot in our best 22.

Noble played quite well, but I'd prefer to see Quaynor running off the back line.

Thomas may be playing a special role for the team, but getting the ball ain't part of it. After a very ordinary season last year, he seems to have gone backwards again.

Tyler Brown was quiet, but he has a lot of great attributes so I'd keep him in the side for a couple more weeks.

Jeez, Billy Elliott needs to find a way to impact the game.

Overall, we should beat the Saints easily, but only if we bring our high intensity and our mids and forward line find a way to connect better.

Luckily, we have the best defence in the comp imo.

Out: Thomas, C. Brown
In: Sier, Stephenson
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: