Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dear Ed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:55 pm
Post subject: Dear EdReply with quote

Hi Ed

I’m not normally someone who panics or jumps to conclusions but I must admit to being worried about where the club we love is heading. This trading period looks to the untrained eye as a disaster at best. The unity of our playing group must suffer from public and emotionally difficult departures. At worst we have traded players who may be elite at other clubs, bringing them the glory we all crave.

I love Bux and admire the job that you have done in bringing us both glory and financial success. I wonder though, in light of today, where we stand? Are we rebuilding or are the club confident that they see successes coming that 2020 didn’t really hint at?

Ultimately I suppose I’d like to know what the club wants long term members like myself to do. Our money is valuable to the survival of the club but our loyalty also deserves transparency and truth. If this all goes wrong the. What next next? I look at the clubs around our position and they have strengthened and seem to have a clear game plan and plan at board level. To be honest I’m not convinced anymore that we do.

I’m sure that the club has reasons for doing what it has done today but I think we deserve to know why and what we can expect for the next few years. What’s the plan? I’m happy to suffer if there is a grand plan but I’d like to know in advance that it’s coming.

I’d love to hear from you about this and what it means to all those employed in leadership at CFC if it goes wrong.

Thanks
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck getting an answer. Ring his radio show - he'll cut you off.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:58 pm

I thought his radio show got cut?

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:58 pm

This is like a government that's out of touch

Buckley, McGuire and that blethering idiot Ned Guy won't explain anything

Just buy your membership and shut up

Wonka 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:59 pm

shawthing wrote:
Ring his radio show - he'll cut you off.

He's quit or been sacked.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:59 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
I thought his radio show got cut?

Did it? I never listened. He's made a fool of this club all over Australia one time too many.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:31 pm
Post subject: OkReply with quote

It is not the place of members to address the President in this manner. Actually your tone was confrontational and demanding. Ed is elected by the Board to lead our Club. He does not have to put up with the armchair critics who think they can do a better job. He has a great track record at delivering Collingwood to financial success and turning our Club into a multi franchise corporate powerhouse the envy of all other sporting Clubs in Australia, if not the Southern Hemisphere. I have had small small issues with Ed such as the Beanie and Social Club, but these are nothing. Ed and Coach Nathan will deliver us glory. These trade week issues are really just funny. Who cares if a couple of players leave . We get to save millions and build a young team of champions. The President should not be bothered by low ranking members who think they can have a say in a multi million dollar business. What qualifications do these members have to be advising on trade deals? Or business issues? None I bet! You must declare your loyalty to the President and Coach or sod off! And for the dumb and dumber who claim I am a troll. Well you are the trolls who attack our President, Coach, and Club. Disloyal trolls who should be gifted Carlton memberships so we can go into 2021 in the knowledge that we will be glorious in victory . Side by Side does not mean you have a right to attack or question the President. Shame Shame Shame
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:52 pm

shawthing wrote:
Good luck getting an answer. Ring his radio show - he'll cut you off.

Laughing Laughing
But you won't be able to get through. Because he has just resigned from MMM.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:53 pm
Post subject: Re: OkReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
It is not the place of members to address the President in this manner. Actually your tone was confrontational and demanding. Ed is elected by the Board to lead our Club. He does not have to put up with the armchair critics who think they can do a better job. He has a great track record at delivering Collingwood to financial success and turning our Club into a multi franchise corporate powerhouse the envy of all other sporting Clubs in Australia, if not the Southern Hemisphere. I have had small small issues with Ed such as the Beanie and Social Club, but these are nothing. Ed and Coach Nathan will deliver us glory. These trade week issues are really just funny. Who cares if a couple of players leave . We get to save millions and build a young team of champions. The President should not be bothered by low ranking members who think they can have a say in a multi million dollar business. What qualifications do these members have to be advising on trade deals? Or business issues? None I bet! You must declare your loyalty to the President and Coach or sod off! And for the dumb and dumber who claim I am a troll. Well you are the trolls who attack our President, Coach, and Club. Disloyal trolls who should be gifted Carlton memberships so we can go into 2021 in the knowledge that we will be glorious in victory . Side by Side does not mean you have a right to attack or question the President. Shame Shame Shame

Is this a satire?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:50 pm

^ One would hope so!!! Smile
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:56 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
^ One would hope so!!! Smile

Maybe, just maybe, Hiss knows what the GRAND PLAN is, and is thus brimming with confidence, i admire his optimism, but right now, at this point in time, im not feeling it, until i see just what we DO get in the upcoming Draft, that will tell the tale. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Hiss wrote:

Your act is growing tired.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:07 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Your act is growing tired.

Yes and it’s boring as now. Your timing today is just terrible. Piss off Hiss.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Please ED please leave.
And don't give the job to one of your mates.
But you won't go because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm

22 years as President. This isn't healthy in any organisation.

He needs to step aside, before he destroys his entire legacy with the club.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: