Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon 2021

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm
Post subject: Essendon 2021Reply with quote

I'll start of by saying that I believe that this team is on the right path and yeah, I'd rather be 8th on the ladder than 17th when the season ends. That and they should be in a position to go a bit further in 2022.

I'm just hearing a lot about how great their season was.

After WCE stuffed up, they snuck into the 8 and sealed their spot on the last day of the season.

Looking at their year, they won 11 games. More often than not 11 wins wouldn't get you into finals. Those 11 wins came against; North (twice), Collingwood (twice), Gold Coast, Adelaide, Hawthorn... thats the bottom 5 teams. Their other wins; Freo, St Kilda, WCE... thats 9th, 10th and 11th. And one team in the top 8 Bulldogs.

Now for years I've been told how we never beat anyone, or anyone in the 8 or how we're just "making up the numbers" when we finish inside the 8. So why is this different?

They were belted a few times during the season and yesterday in the Elimination Final where they failed to kick a goal in the second half. So, really, how good was their season? 5 wins better than ours I guess.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, Matthew Lloyd didn't want them to make finals. He reckons it risks making them think they've made it. Their 2nd half against the Dogs probably guards against that. (On Footy Classified a week or two ago, it got quite heated! Lloyd felt insulted by Caro. He thought she was making sarcastic comments about this opinion.)

And it was noted early in the season how there was only one or two wins separating Collingwood and Essendon but the mood was totally different at the two clubs.

The difference is they are young and on the rise. They didn't sell the farm to try to keep Big Joe. That was a win-win for Essendon and Brissy. (Brissy are good at injury management and rehab, unlike Collingwood. Big Joe has played more games for Brissy than he did in his last 3 years at Essendon.) They also lost a couple of other players. That gave them a good draft hand. They used it well.

And Stringer, according to Lloyd, has been the most Dusty-like of any AFL player in the last 10 weeks.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:52 pm

stringer is a total asshole and they are still druggies in my mind
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:34 pm

think positive wrote:
stringer is a total asshole and they are still druggies in my mind

Yep, lock up your wives while Jake's hanging around for a lurk...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:58 pm

Stringer isn't much of a footballer. Compare his stats during the season and his stats in finals, at both clubs. He looks like he could be anything - quick, powerful, beautiful kick and wonderful skills. But only until some heat is applied. He's exactly the sort of player you don't want in your team as you're trying to compete at the pointy end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: