Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Happy Anniversary 1990: 32 years since 32 year drought!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:32 am
Post subject: Happy Anniversary 1990: 32 years since 32 year drought!Reply with quote

Hey it's 32 years today since we won our first in 32 years. Whatta day and memory. Love to know where you were on the day and evening!

Last edited by inxs88 on Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

At home, I can remember exactly which couch I was sitting on watching it!

I ran laps of the backyard with a Pies flag after the game 😂

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:21 am

I was at the ground with my family.
The second quarter when we piled on the goals was like a magic dream.
Great credit to the players and especially to super coach Leigh Matthews.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:54 am

I was at the game with 3 generations of my family, born and bred in Collingwood.

That night we descended on Victoria Park and experienced the most exhilarating outpouring of mass passion and joy imaginable. Swept up by the emotion of the moment (and being pissed as a fart) I swung my trumpet over my shoulder and attempted to climb a goal post in front of the Bobby Rose stand, intending to play 'Good Old Collingwood Forever' from atop the post. The crowd all clapped in unison as I inched my way up the goal post, until fatigue overtook me and I slowly slid to the ground in a drunken heap. I remember a St Johns ambulance guy rushing over to see if I was alright, and all I could do was sing our theme song. Oh what a night!!
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:18 am

I was at home and opened my bottle of Colliwobble wine to celebrate.

When I was not looking, the 10 year old kid from next door, who was visiting my son, decided to take a guzzle. I quickly told him off.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:30 am

I was at a BBQ with friends hosted by a confident essendon supporter Laughing
Went to Victoria Park that night but only managed to get stuck in the BEST traffic jam EVER!!!!
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:38 am

I remember watching people climbing the goalpost. Almost non stop hugging of Collingwood supporters. Beer flowing freely and them having to get replenishments. Band playing, every third song being “Simply the Best”. Players arrived at some stage. Made a beeline for Millane and gave him a huge bear hug. He hugged me back and said something like this is fantastic. Sang the song for the umpteenth time. Drank copious amounts of beer and danced like I was possessed. Didn’t or couldn’t care a jot. Kissed, hugged and talked to total strangers of both genders. At some stage, I lost my ability to remember anything. Still to this very day, I do not know how I reached the home of my then in laws. Hungry as hell and attacked the kitchen. Probably made a lot of noise for that time of the morning. Got berated by my FIL for making a racket. Told him to shut up and that if his bloody shit team (Carlscum due to a mixed marriage!) had won the flag, he would have been doing the same thing. Don’t remember going to bed but remember waking up with a fabulous hangover. Later watched on TV my then other team Port Adelaide win the SANFL flag. More celebrations ensured. Returned to Bendigo and headed straight to the pub where all the local Collingwood supporters had their fill. Joined in seemlessly for another session or five. What a weekend it was and the week following wasn’t bad either. My utmost love for Collingwood will never ever die. The impossible cannot happen.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:46 am

And we still haven't won a grand final in September since 1958!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:00 am

Next year its 33 years since 1990.

33 Ginnys number omen.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:38 pm

Next year is 13 years since 2010
Around half of the 32 years drought from 1958-1990
2023 16th premiership for Collingwood
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:21 pm

What’s the longest current drought now?

Saints then Blues?

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I was at the game with 3 generations of my family, born and bred in Collingwood.

That night we descended on Victoria Park and experienced the most exhilarating outpouring of mass passion and joy imaginable. Swept up by the emotion of the moment (and being pissed as a fart) I swung my trumpet over my shoulder and attempted to climb a goal post in front of the Bobby Rose stand, intending to play 'Good Old Collingwood Forever' from atop the post. The crowd all clapped in unison as I inched my way up the goal post, until fatigue overtook me and I slowly slid to the ground in a drunken heap. I remember a St Johns ambulance guy rushing over to see if I was alright, and all I could do was sing our theme song. Oh what a night!!

I remember that well Mr. Wheezey! 🤣.Standing there watching you. My late brother Pete was standing there just starring at the hallowed turf, tears streaming down his face. Only time id seen him cry.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:36 pm

Great memory, but we should have added 2011 and 2018 to that proud Premiership so long ago now. Now we must create new history, time to make another GF, and win the bloody thing, once and for all, and with this side, under this terrific Coach, we can and will do it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:26 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
What’s the longest current drought now?

Saints then Blues?

Freo come second, technically, because they've been in the comp for 28 years without a flag at all. Here's the top ten current droughts:

1. St. Kilda: 56 years
2. Fremantle: 28 years
3. Carlton: 27 years
4. Adelaide: 24 years
5. North Melbourne: 23 years
6. Essendon: 22 years
7. Brisbane: 19 years
8: Port Adelaide: 18 years
9. Collingwood: 12 years
10. Gold Coast: 12 years

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

OMFG that was you! i tell that story!

i was with my sister, she got us the tickets, cost $100 through her work, 2nd level, right above the bummers cheers squad! we had been 2 4 losing GF, so not until we saw matthews come down the stairs pumping his arms did we believe! i will never forget that moment as long as i live, it was without doubt the best day of my life!

i still remember dancing, pretty sure it rained, and "simply the best' and 'we are the champions 'playing over and over! the players came and it was fricken unreal! some dudes grabbed me and threw me in a phONe box to sing good old collingwood forever to whoever was on the phone! it was hysterical! got home at 3am

saw Brownie at training a few years back and said to him as i took a photo "oh man you gave me the best day of my life" and then i realised what i said!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: