Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Keeping the band together. What if we lose Leppitsch?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:21 pm
Post subject: coaching staff please stayReply with quote

we must keep fly and leppitsch for at least the next 7 years.

for fly 10 years and leppa say 5 years

Been some talk about leppa going to another club this can not happen we must keep them all.

Stay at the Pies.

Still think we need 1 more assistant coach too.
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Craig McRae, Justin Leppitch and Brendan Bolton have singed for 3 years which is fine for now as that gives them all another 2 years after this year to complete any extensions if and when required.
Hayden Skipworth and Josh Fraser are the other coaches so I'm pretty happy with their efforts this year as well, so I hope we don't see any real movement in the coaching panel for next year too.
If any of the assistant coaches were to be offered senior roles elsewhere I don't think the club would stand in their way of progressing with their career. However, I doubt any club is going to offer any of our current assistants their senior roles so I think we are pretty safe to be able to hold the current structure.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:35 pm

Agree there boot.

Hold and keep the current set up for as long as possible.

Like to see some one like Damien Monkhorst to gain a role at Collingwood too.

Monkey has had experaince at Hawks under Clarko.

Another one could be Tom Harley from Sydney swans as another one pretty successfull as player and doing some good things for Sydney
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:28 pm

Boot wrote:
I think Craig McRae, Justin Leppitch and Brendan Bolton have singed for 3 years which is fine for now as that gives them all another 2 years after this year to complete any extensions if and when required.
Hayden Skipworth and Josh Fraser are the other coaches so I'm pretty happy with their efforts this year as well, so I hope we don't see any real movement in the coaching panel for next year too.
If any of the assistant coaches were to be offered senior roles elsewhere I don't think the club would stand in their way of progressing with their career. However, I doubt any club is going to offer any of our current assistants their senior roles so I think we are pretty safe to be able to hold the current structure.

I think we're safe with Bolts but Leppa might be given another crack at a senior coaching role.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:46 pm

Wish it was the other way around
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:19 pm
Post subject: Keeping the band together. What if we lose Leppitsch?Reply with quote

The drums are already beating for Leppitsch to return to Punt Road to fill the vacancy Hardwick has left.

He signed with Richmond to be an assistant coach in September 2009, 12 months after being sacked as senior coach of the Brisbane Lions.
He played a major role in the Richmonds 2017 AFL premiership win, coaching the forwards.
He was also an assistant coach during Richmond's 2019 and 2020 premierships.

I wouldn't like to see Leppa leave the 'whatever we're calling it now' Centre, particyularly as we're only just seeing what this new coaching team is capable of delivering.
I see him as on the way to becoming a Neal Balme like figure. The longer we can keep him the better.
Ideally if the soft cap allows, keeping our core of Bolton, Skipworth, Leppitsch will be critical to launch a mutli-year top-4 push.

The soft cap might be our undoing, should Richmond throw a big offer his way and he still has the desire for a senior coaching gig.
As our Head of Strategy and defence, it wouldn't be great timing.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 pm

Yep huge loss, but you can't keep the same people forever.

If he lands the job, all power to him. The work he has done with the pies has been outstanding.

Would be great to win a premiership with him here, if we did I would imagine Bolton would also be in the sights of other clubs too.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:46 pm

Tony Jewell is already training with the players so don't worry.

www.facebook/the hybernators
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:52 pm

If his contribution nets us a flag this year he can go wherever he wants…
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:11 pm

I don't mind assistant coaches being poached, but it's infuriating when they leave before the season's over. I don't know why that's allowed to happen. It should be in every assistant coach's contract that they can attend job interviews in early September if they like and even sign on to a new gig, but they don't start work at their new club until the day after their previous club finishes its campaign. Doesn't seem like rocket science!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:22 pm

Nah he’s loving where he is and working with Fly. Be hilarious if Bucks went for the Richmond job, imagine Caro!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:32 pm

I doubt if Richmond would sign up a new coach during the season anyway.They would go for an interim coach for the rest of the season,wouldn’t they?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:16 pm

David wrote:
I don't mind assistant coaches being poached, but it's infuriating when they leave before the season's over. I don't know why that's allowed to happen. It should be in every assistant coach's contract that they can attend job interviews in early September if they like and even sign on to a new gig, but they don't start work at their new club until the day after their previous club finishes its campaign. Doesn't seem like rocket science!

I don't recall an assistant coach ever leaving a club to take up a main coaching role at another club during the season. Confused The protocol is generally exactly as you suggest.

There have been instances where an assistant at a club playing finals is appointed as Senior coach of a team that didn't make finals, during the finals, and their current club has chosen to let them go early rather than stay til the end of the season, on the grounds that they didn't believe they would be able to focus, but that was the decision of their current employer.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:22 pm

^Brad Scott says hi
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:36 pm

^

Say Hi back to him for me, then please elaborate, I don't recall that situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: