Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked that we have replaced both JDG and Titch with only one midfielder, who moreover is playing his first game.
I am wondering if the inclusion of Markov is to allow Bruzza to spend alot of time in the middle, and/or Naicos.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:07 pm

Midfield stacked with midgets, might need Noble and Schultz to go Voltron style and form into a big bodied midfielder to fight Cripps and Walsh
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:28 pm

Why have we named John Noble at CHF? Is this just to confuse the enemy?
Interesting that IQ is named on the interchange.
Are we thinking of making him the sub?

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:35 pm

Fly has the line-ups all over the place, very unusual.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:36 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Midfield stacked with midgets, might need Noble and Schultz to go Voltron style and form into a big bodied midfielder to fight Cripps and Walsh

Nothing could be clearer: we aren't focussing on winning clearance!! We are basing ourselves on the assumption that we will lose clearances, but will use speed - ball movement speed, and leg speed - to win.
We must have drawn the conclusion that playing both Fin and Sullivan was trying to make a contest out of an area that we would have no chance to win anyway. So better to concede this, and develop an alternative plan based on circumventing our certain clearance inferiority. If this is the plan, then Fin does not fit the requirements and hence Oleg gets his chance. He and Noble in the one team add plenty of capacity for ultra fast ball movement.
We will also be trying to exploit Carlton's vulnerable defence, which has ceded virtually more than any other team in the league, by eusing rebound energy.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:57 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
If Sidebottom gets a game after his mediocre ANZAC Day performance, I will spew up!

Somebody give Gerry a bottle of Mylanta.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 pm

Pretty pumped about this one. I think it will be an arm wrestle, and we will get up.

Come on the Crows - I’m so interested in other games this year (excluding north v Weat coats type games).

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:16 pm

While they might still edge us for overall numbers suddenly we look more vulnerable with injury than they do.
With the return of Cerra I'd argue Carlton now have their best 6 players available.

De Goey is the most talented player missing for either side and inside our best 3 players I would have thought.

McGovern is yet to return but McStay is more important structurally to us IMO.
No Saad and Mitchell, they cancel each other out.
Murphy is gone for good. Docherty and Silvagni for the season. If players aren't a possibility to return and improve a side before the season is out I don't see much point arguing they'd make side A or B better. It's 2025 for the Carlton duo.

Martin is their most talented medium forward IMO but is injury prone. Motlop is a young goal a game small. Both are probably in their best 23 but how much more output they could produce over those filling their place this week is open to debate.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 pm

I have this picture of John Noble at CHF ready on his step ladder, which the umpires have allowed. However, they would not allow his plastic wings as the flapping noise is confusing to the other players. I would suggest his step ladder should have had wheels for quicker deployment.
❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:28 pm

If Macrae can’t get a game with JDG and Mitchell out, I’d say his papers are probably stamped.

I think we know they will beat us at clearances so we have added leggy for speed to try beat them with raids off have back similar to Rnd 23, 2022 when they absolutely pants us in the midfield and something like 55 more contested possessions and 20 more inside 50s.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
^

I think you're spot on. Even with JDG and Mitchell in the side, I think we would have been struggling in the clearance battle.

As you've said, Carlton's weakness is stopping fast transition sides. Last week against Geelong was a case in point. Their defence is vulnerable and I think our turnover game and transition could trouble them. Our pressure rating needs to be averaging 190+ for us to be in the game.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:22 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
^

It's a great theory mttm. I hope it turns out that way.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:27 pm

Just watching the heartfelt send off into retirement, by the Crows for their champ Rory Sloan, very emotional, after a great win too. It be great if we could scrounge a victory over the Blue vermin tomorrow night, and do it for our now sadly retired Nathan Murphy. Have Murph at the game, in the rooms, involve him, and get a hard won victory for him, to send him off with, embrace him by all the players, and involve him in the team in the rooms, post game, belting out the Club song, as the Crows did. Just saying.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Penguin Pie Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 1:38 am

Quote:
Qldmagpie67 wrote: Personally with missing Mitchell and JDG this week we should have bitten the bullet and said right any veteran who’s sore is out this week.

Our enemy is our % right now and if we get pumped this week we are basically another win out just based on % so that 14 wins will become 15 wins needed

Given that we drew with Essendon last week, getting 2 premiership points instead of 0 or 4, then % as a tie-breaker becomes irrelevant for both us and Essendon, except in relation to ourselves.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:24 am

I hope Sullivan starts instead of being the sub. We will desperately need his grunt around the packs. Of those listed on the bench, I'd probably have Lipinski as the sub.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: