Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing my friends son from England.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:39 am

On the back of losing JDG and Mitchell, I previously tipped the scum to win this one. However, now that I've settled my nerves somewhat, I'm tipping us to cause a massive upset and beat this mob.

Sidey has been one of my favourite players, but he looks like he needs a rest. If he retains his spot, then Noble may miss. Alongside the inclusion of Sullivan, I'd bring in Markov and Macrae.

My team would be:

B: Maynard. Frampton. Howe
HB: Quaynor Moore Markov

C: J. Daicos Pendles McCreery
FOLL: Cameron, Sullivan, N. Daicos

HF: Lipinski Mihocek Elliott
F: Hill. Cox. WHE

IC: Harrison, Crisp, Macrae, Schultz, Noble (sub)
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:44 am

Personally with missing Mitchell and JDG this week we should have bitten the bullet and said right any veteran who’s sore is out this week.
Chances are based on form we will struggle this week at full strength
There strengths are our weaknesses and how we’ve been beaten this season from the clearance and contest
I get selection integrity but there should also be integrity in performance
So honestly Sidey and Cox both should have missed
But I get McRae wanting to not gut the team at this stage
But we have little wriggle room now to make finals
Our enemy is our % right now and if we get pumped this week we are basically another win out just based on % so that 14 wins will become 15 wins needed
I’m hoping more than confident that we can put together a good performance
Happy for Sullivan I liken him to checkers waited forever to get his chance now he has it and motivation to prove all those who bypassed him for years wrong is strong
Good luck to him I hope he brings his absolute best and csn remain in the team on form and performance
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:21 am

^ I don't think the full team has been announced?
ropeter 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:49 am

Piesnchess wrote:
I see an Omen in this match, the last Sullivan to play for the Magpies, was the immortal Harry Sullivan, who drove Barrassi nuts in the 1958 GF, helping us to the biggest upset flag in history. I reckon Lochie Sullivan, will drive the Blues nuts, and as back then, we will win an unexpected victory. over a much favoured opponent. ! Lock this baby in. !

Piesnchess, while Harry Sullivan played that day, you're mixing him up with Barry "Hooker" Harrison

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:58 am

I still view our game plan has kept us in matches this year, even when it hasn't been executed to nameplate capacity.
What is more important, the combined effort of our team sticking to our gameplan or two injured players?
There seems to be a bit of panic about what Carlton's midfield will bring. But was Port's midfield any less vaunted than Carlton's? Port showed us 1qtr of finals like intensity, then couldn't go on with it when it was volleyed.

If Brisbane, Carlton or Port could play 4qtrs of their best team football, any of those sides should have won a flag over the past 3 years.
When it's mattered and the whips are cracking, they've been unable to match the intensity we've been able to apply.
That's not to say we can't be beaten, we know that's not the case, but you've got to do it over 4qtrs.
However, as testament to the way we're coached, when it counts, we still play the minutes better than any side.

Our start to the season was clearly played with heavy legs and that appeared to impact above the shoulders.
Against GWS we won 1 qtr, albeit off shocking conversion.
Against Sydney we won 2 qtrs.

Against St. Kilda we saw what happens to our midfield when JDG and Mitchell are labouring and unable to provide a 4qtr effort.
(JDG had 13 disposals and zero tackles while Titch had 17 disposals and 8 tackles)
Come tomorrow night we'll likely see Macrae and Sullivan partially fill their void. Both will bring tackle / contest intensity however it's their 4qtr efforts that might leave them exposed against mature a classy Carlton midfield. Crisp might yet get the call-up to give us a bigger body through the middle and a bloke called Pendlebury will be at the coalface at times.

I'm still of a view to play an extra man in defence. Carlton haven't kicked over 100 points against us in a decade, win this battle and that's a huge factor in the way this game will unfold. I expect this is where a good part of the game will be played, so having depth through the backline would enable us to keep the legs fresher until the final siren.
Curnow will undoubtedly feature, he's too good not to, so don't yeet the toys when he has his moments.

Their patchy defence without the class of Martin still can be breached. If Cox could lead Weitering out of the contest, we might just be a chance to upset their headspace, so look for Hill, Schutlz and Elliott to work their opponents over.

I can't wait for this, bring it on.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu May 02, 2024 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:02 am

Anyone leaving Schultz out of the line up can stop watching footy now. Clearly none of you understand the game. Schultz has laid 25 tackles this season. That's already 9 more than what Ginnivan laid for the entirety of last year in twice the amount of games.
For comparison, he has laid more tackles in the forward half this season than most of the players in his area of the ground including: Charlie Cameron, Matt Owies, Alwyn Davey, Michael Walters, Jack Ginnivan, Brent Daniels, etc...
I'd say he is doing his job very well - it's those around him who need to lift off that pressure. Bobby Hill didn't have a good game Anzac Day, neither did McCreery, Hoskin-Elliott, Crisp, Quaynor or Sidebottom.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 am

Carlton match eve today:
This is my line up ill go with V Blues tomorrow night under Friday night lights at the Mighty MCG.

FB: Dean Frampton Howe
CB: Nick Daicos Moore Maynard
C: Quaynor Crisp Josh Daicos
CF: McInness Checkers Hill
FF: Elliott Cox Lipinski
R: Cameron Pendles Shultz
INT: WHE McRae Sullivan Marcov
SUB: McCreery

Like to see Dean come back in the back line kind of a forgotten man and feel its time to come back in. Like to see IQ push up onto the wing Maynard and Nick Daicos to barrell through off half back. Forward talls there in Reef Checkers and Cox. Like to see Shultz come in play as on baller and work alongside Pendles. Shultz did play as on baller in his early days at Freo. The interchange the youngsters in Fin and Sullivan. Marcov to get a call up he is in some good form now WHE there of course.
Sub i think McCreery to be sub this week.
The rest looks right.
Massive attendance in the mid 90k's.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 am

shawthing wrote:
masoncox wrote:
If JDG and Mitchell are out then it is not looking promising.

With no Mitchell in and under and no JDG I expect Walsh and Cripps to get 70+ possessions between them. We are in big trouble I'm afraid.

Hopefully it's in the 1st qtr, they'll be knacked by the 2nd and we'll run over them...

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:11 am

Friday night is the beginning of the end of the scumbags 2024 season...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:28 am

ropeter wrote:
[^

Piesnchess, while Harry Sullivan played that day, you're mixing him up with Barry "Hooker" Harrison[/quote]
True, my error, both were magnificent on the Melb forwards etc, I think Harry gave Melb rover Ridley an all mighty hit, put Ridley right off his game. The 58 GF is on Utube, parts of it, in colour too, awesome. The donut hot dogs vans outside the MCG, are in exactly the same spots as today. !! Unreal. Surprised Very Happy Laughing Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:30 am

^Oh and as in 1958,, we have both a Harrison and a Sullivan in for this weeks match, its an OMEN I tell ya, for a BIG upset too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:52 pm

So the report on JDG is soreness in both groins from Osteitis Pubis and Mitchell was plantar faschia. Neither good and neither are short term injuries. This could be a bumpy season for both De Goey and Mitchell which will put pressure on our clearance work. Hopefully Sullivan can step up quickly and we can find another pair of hands to help out

TBH with those types of injuries, I don't want to see either of them next week against the Eagles at Marvel either but we're going to need someone to wrestle with Yeo in the middle.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 pm

The Black and White Lion wrote:
So the report on JDG is soreness in both groins from Osteitis Pubis and Mitchell was plantar faschia.

Shocked

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:35 pm

Teams named
Outs:JDG, Mitchell
Ins: Sullivan, Markov (Harrison is in the 22)
Emergencies: Dean, Macrae, Bytel

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: