PRIZE 3: 2012 Season Tickets x 2

This forum is for news & views about Nick's Bulletin Board sponsored player Remember that this is 'our' player so we want to keep all posts positive and encouraging.

Moderator: bbmods

MargOZ

PRIZE 3: 2012 Season Tickets x 2

Post by MargOZ »

Hi Everyone,

Just realised the other day that we hadn't received our season tickets as part of our sponsorship - contacted the Club and they arrived today.

Okay, so how can we do this? The tickets are admission only, so no reserved seating.

One idea: what about members of the sponsorship send me a PM with a match they would like to attend and use the season tickets (one member gets both tickets so they can take a friend or family). The only problem is that we will have to each post it to the next person to use before the next weekend's match! Will that work?

Happy for any other suggestions so we can get the most use out of the season tickets (just a shame I didn't think of them sooner!).

Post any feedback here.

THANKS!
Last edited by MargOZ on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

What happens if two people want it at the same time? First come first serve? A mini raffle? Whoever donated the larger amount? Fight to the death??
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'd personally be happy for any sponsors who aren't members to have them, or to make a donation of them to someone who can't afford a season ticket.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
mandy

Post by mandy »

I thought we used to just give them away as a donation to someone who couldn't afford them. Or am I thinking about something else?
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Mandy's suggestion sounds good.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
tommo

Post by tommo »

I like Mandy's suggestion if we can get that to work, and stui's works fine if not.

I've got a membership so I won't be needing them at any stage.
Black and White - Through and Through - Side by Side - Us against Them
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

I actually don't recall getting season tickets in earlier sponsorships, unless we were supposed to get them and never did, so this year is a first for me working out what we do.

I'm more than happy to donate them but how do we go about it?

I'm conscoius that we need to do something quickly so that whoever does get them can make the most of them.

Suggestions?
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

hi Marg,

I think the Seasons Tickets came in last year or the year before. The year before they came in we got 3 game memberships (x 2).
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Dudham
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Dudham »

Hi Marg
I think donating them is a terrific idea.
I remember a couple of years ago that North had a program whereby people could buy memberships and donate them to Sudanese kids in order to get them interested in the game and the club.
Is it worth ringing Collingwood and see if they have some sort of similar program for underprivileged kids or such? If they don't, please ask why not?
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air.
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Okay, so following up with the Club to see what programs/groups they may have an association with to whom we can donate our season tickets.

If they can't help us, then I will make some direct contact with some organisations and see how we go.

Will report back as soon as possible, hopefully with some good news on a good home for our tickets.

GO PIES!
Marg
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Donating them to someone who couldn't normally afford to go is a good idea.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

Donating them sounds great!
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Haven't heard back from the Club yet so chasing up a couple of options this week and will report back asap.

Obviously for next season we can think about donation options for the seasons tickets well before the season has started so we can make sure they get lots of use. :)
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Last year the membership was raffled, I won it.
Couldn't you raffle it again? Then whoever wins it can decide to keep it, or donate it, or give to a family member/friend?

Sorry for the late response, I've been away.
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in getting back. I have returned the seasons tickets to the Club to be used in their Community Bay membership program which hels provide disadvantaged people in the community the opportunity to attend a Collingwood game. I'm sure they will be put to good use.

Maybe early next year we can take a vote on what we would like to do with the seasons tickets next time - whether they are raffled between the contributors, or we again donate them to charity, and if so, which one.

GO PIES!
Marg