AFL disgraced in Essendon saga

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

David wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/13/essendon-james-hird-payment-asada

Unbelievable. The AFL truly is a toothless tiger.
It's a disgrace David. I can't believe how this has been handled by the AFL and Essendon.

I already described my thoughts earlier about this whole issue so there's no need to repeat what I think about this whole debacle.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
And

Post by And »

It gets interesting when the NRL guys are brining Essendon and particularly Hird's name into conversation.
Flanagan's supporters - and he has plenty - will argue it is ridiculous the Sharks coach has been handed the same suspension as Essendon AFL club coach James Hird.
They will reason how at Essendon, Hird oversaw a 12-month program involving thousands of progressive injections whereas at Cronulla, there were only a tick over 100 jabs in an 11-week window.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/t ... 6785332983
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Ain't over til its over Lazzarus.!

They are still gonna get WHACKED!
Get back on top.

Post by 1061 »

Any chance ASADA was waiting for the NRL to finish with the Sharks before they come down hard?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

1061 wrote:Any chance ASADA was waiting for the NRL to finish with the Sharks before they come down hard?
You have FAR more faith in the system than me Gunga din......... :roll: :roll:
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-chairman-paul-little-tells-members-players-did-not-ingest-anything-illegal/story-fni5f6kv-1226784378408

It's all over. Finished. Matter closed. Nothing to see here, move on............... :!:

What a bloody FARCE! Hird to return to coaching in 2015 without a problem.

And looks like the AFL sponsored hack media have put the issue to bed as well.

I will never forget the lack of integrity shown by Dimi and his AFL commission on this issue. It is a very sad reflection on how some matters can be put under the carpet for good without a problem or too many questions asked after a certain time lapse. Unbelievable...... :roll: :roll:
How about some patience Laz... I'm starting to think you want the outcome to be as Little prescribes for some perverse reason... reality is that it is not over until ASADA & WADA release their findings and I wouldn't put any credence into a speech by Little.
Last edited by jackcass on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-chairman-paul-little-tells-members-players-did-not-ingest-anything-illegal/story-fni5f6kv-1226784378408

It's all over. Finished. Matter closed. Nothing to see here, move on............... :!:

What a bloody FARCE! Hird to return to coaching in 2015 without a problem.

And looks like the AFL sponsored hack media have put the issue to bed as well.

I will never forget the lack of integrity shown by Dimi and his AFL commission on this issue. It is a very sad reflection on how some matters can be put under the carpet for good without a problem or too many questions asked after a certain time lapse. Unbelievable...... :roll: :roll:
How about some patience Laz... I'm starting to think you want the outcome to be a Little prescribes for some perverse reason... reality is that it is not over until ASADA & WADA release their findings and I wouldn't put any credence into a speech by Little.
Patience!!! FMD!! I have had bloody patience since February!! Being patient is as useful as a chocolate teapot... :roll:

I want ACTION taken against the cheating Essenscum, not mere words of warning. And I'm beggining to doubt that I'll get what I want. :shock:

I want Essenscum brought down like a pair of nun's knickers... :twisted:
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Nothing was ever going to happen people, get over it & move on...

Sheeesh!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

The final ASADA report hasn't been completed yet due to ASADA's inability to interview Stephen Dank, however apparently ASADA has new powers that means that Stephen Dank cannot avoid being interviewed by them relating to this whole situation.

The punishments that the AFL handed out to Essendon in late August relate to 'poor governance', not whether the players were being injected with prohibited substances hence this issue shouldn't be left alone or be overlooked now by the public or the media.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

The closer it is til the start of the season that they nuke the bummers the better!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

London Dave wrote:The closer it is til the start of the season that they nuke the bummers the better!
I agree
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

London Dave wrote:The closer it is til the start of the season that they nuke the bummers the better!
For me the question is not one of when but IF.............. :roll:
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
Really... we hadn't garnered that from your previous posts...
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Really... we hadn't garnered that from your previous posts...

:twisted:

Comprehension problerms as usual Daz???..... :roll: :D