Bye bye Hird?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:What's their supporter slogan this year? "Hide the Stash"?
See the bombers get high?..... :lol:
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Need to hear from David Evans as to what exactly happened.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Haven't ASADA confirmed that Dimitriou could not have told Essendon that they were being investigated because they did not tell him?

However...

If ASADA told him that A club was being investigated, and Dimitriou was ringing clubs to warn them that A club was about to be named, a guilty club could construe incorrectly that THEY SPECIFICALLY were being warned.
Warbler

Post by Warbler »

I couldn't stand the arrogant Turd when he played .

Couldn't stand him when he coached .

I'm just waiting for Essendrugs to sack him & then sit back while he pouts , sooks & points the finger at everyone but himself , until even Essendrug supporters are as sick of him as I am .

GO PIES
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

ANNODAM wrote:Who cares?
This!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

rumours were rife in the AFL (apparently) that a club(s) was about to be investigated.

Dimitriou could simply have said to Evans something along the lines of "if this is Essendon you better get prepared to deal with it" . If this is the case its probably not cut and dry that there was a 'tip off' as he could have just been responding to what everyone else was apparently talking about.

Tania Hird however was very specific in her words last night. She said that AD said to Evans that 'Essendon' was to be investigated.

I tell ya what if Hird gets the bullet he will go down swinging big time. I assume he's signed all sorts of agreements that will prevent him bad-mouthing the club and vice-versa. But his lawyers will go for the jugular of everyone else given half a chance.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I have met some people who worked closely with Hirdy's wife and say she is a highly intelligent lady. Not one to shoot her mouth off for no reason.

And I got to say to Hird/Essendon's defense. Why isn't the AFL's role in this whole saga being investigated more closely? Where there is smoke their is often fire!

I understand Hird brought the game in to disrepute, but if the allegations of 'drug use' were so clear cut... Why have any charges not been pressed and properly tested in a court of law, rather then trail by AFL?!?
derkd

Post by derkd »

I could do what many do and just lay into Essendon because 'we hate the old enemy' but the more I have studied this. The more it just dose not sit right with me. And I say this as a defender of the AFL code, taking my pro-Collingwood hat off.

Would you take someone to court and say, their is a strong chance they might steal my car so throw them in jail? Or this person has brought humanity into disrepute so jail him???

Seriously, where is the clear cut evidence of doping that took place?? If they (ASADA or the AFL) have I then hurry up and lay charges against players or officials at the club. All that is currently happening is dragging the whole code though the mud.
Last edited by derkd on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the pie guy

Post by the pie guy »

What exactly did Demetriou do wrong other than, allegedly/possibly warn a mate/team that they may be under investigation. IF, IF he did this then what harm did it do other than show bad judgement in trying to help someone with a monumental EGO.
Did Dimi supply the supplements, did he tell the players they were OK to take, did he know or condone what Essendon were doing NO TO ALL.
In the last 20 years there were 3 players that I admired more than all others, Voss - can't coach, Hird believes he should be bigger than his club or indeed the game and Bucks, who is the only one I still respect.
derkd

Post by derkd »

[quote="derkd"]I could do what many do and just lay into Essendon because 'we hate the old enemy' but the more I have studied this. The more it just dose not sit right with me. And I say this as a defender of the AFL code, taking my pro-Collingwood hat off.

Would you take someone to court and say, their is a strong chance they might steal my car so throw them in jail? Or this person has brought humanity into disrepute so jail him???

Seriously, where is the clear cut evidence of doping that took place?? If they (ASADA or the AFL) have it then hurry up and lay charges against players or officials at the club. All that is currently happening is dragging the whole code though the mud.

Like I say, I write this with no love for Essendon or Hird. But I sense of the rule of democratic law.