Caro wins top AFL media award

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Caro wins top AFL media award

Post by Donny »

The Age's chief football writer Caroline Wilson last night won the most prestigious award in football journalism, the Alf Brown trophy, as the most outstanding media performer of the year.

Wilson also won the award for most outstanding columnist and the award for best deadline report at the annual AFL media awards. She was also given life membership of the AFL Media Association.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z2waoOuVLQ
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Age photographer Paul Rovere won the award for most outstanding action photograph for this picture of Dale Thomas marking.

Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Geezus, if Caro is the best that's an absolute indictment on the rest of them
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Geez, Guess anyone can win it then as long as you are Negative in every story
I am Da Man
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Don't mid caro. She ain't boring.
Buon Giorno
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

The life membership is fair enough. The rest is well, interesting. If it was for her Dane Swan beat ups it is freaking joke.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

stui magpie wrote:Geezus, if Caro is the best that's an absolute indictment on the rest of them
Well most of then only write feel good stories and are far to close to the powers that be.
Caro is far better than that half wit Gerard Whately
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Caro had the professional instinct and guts to call the Essendon doping program for what it was.
An absolute insult to sports followers and a disgrace in the way its aftermath was handled, particularly by James Hird and his camp.
That's why she got the award.
Congratulations Caroline. This award is not a result of spin or commercial interests. It's for journalistic integrity. Something we too often do not see but cannot do without.
woodsmen rule
Neil Appleby

Caroline Wilson Wins Australia's Top Journo Award

Post by Neil Appleby »

She's loathed and loved in equal measure in the broader community, but here at Nick's she's just loathed. On the weekend Caro won Australia's top journalists' prize, The Graham Perkin Award, for her work on the Essendon saga.
She also won the Quill Award for best columnist. Well deserved.
Caro cops heaps of disgusting abuse mostly because she is a woman and also because well, she's a journalist doing her job. I don't always like what she writes and she sometimes really annoys, but gee I admire her courage and tenacity.

Some of my Essendon friends were enraged all over again yesterday.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Wokko

Re: Caroline Wilson Wins Australia's Top Journo Award

Post by Wokko »

Neil Appleby wrote:Caro cops heaps of disgusting abuse mostly because she is a woman and also because well, she's a journalist doing her job.
Nope. She cops abuse because she writes lies and fabrications dressed as investigative journalism and uses her power and reach to aim at targets she doesn't like. The abuse she gets because of her appearance by certain people is of course not warranted or relevant, but it's because she's unattractive, not because she's female.

Robbo cops just as much if not more, is he abused because he's a man? What about Shehan? Don't play the gender card when it's a complete pile of horseshit.

She does her job in getting clicks and creating headlines, but a journalist she isn't. A trashy gossip columnist with a football oriented storyline would be as far as I'd go on that one.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Neil Appleby wrote:
Some of my Essendon friends were enraged all over again yesterday.
:lol:

i am pleased caro has been recognised for her work.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Wokko wrote:She does her job in getting clicks and creating headlines, but a journalist she isn't. A trashy gossip columnist with a football oriented storyline would be as far as I'd go on that one.
If you speak with Dane Swan, no way known would you EVER give any credit whatsoever to this crazy woman. She dishonestly victimised and targeted him like a bloody criminal this time last year.... :evil: He strongly dislikes her and the nicest thing he says about her is that she is a bitch. :x
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

She has made some bad calls, like on Swannie, whom I think she got completely wrong personality wise. But, she has come out and said Hird should be, must be , sacked pronto, and I cannot argue with that one at all. ! :P 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:She does her job in getting clicks and creating headlines, but a journalist she isn't. A trashy gossip columnist with a football oriented storyline would be as far as I'd go on that one.
If you speak with Dane Swan, no way known would you EVER give any credit whatsoever to this crazy woman. She dishonestly victimised and targeted him like a bloody criminal this time last year.... :evil: He strongly dislikes her and the nicest thing he says about her is that she is a bitch. :x
She has made some bad calls, like on Swannie, whom I think she got completely wrong personality wise. But, she has come out and said Hird should be, must be , sacked pronto, and I cannot argue with that one at all. ! :P 8)
A busted up watch is right twice a day. Just wait until we're 0-3 and she calling for Buckley to be sacked and saying he's lost the players just so she can get under Ed's skin. She's a poisonous harpy.
woftam

Post by woftam »

I'm with Wokko on this one. Couldn't give a fat rats if she is male or female. She has no interest in our game other than trying to get people the sack. This is her favourite past time. She also enjoys sticking it to our club, players & particularly president at every opportunity. She can get stuffed.