OL Grumpy Mick on Talking footy. !

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

OL Grumpy Mick on Talking footy. !

Post by Piesnchess »

Reckon its worth watching or taping Talking footy tonight, ol grumpy Mick is on, and Carolline has been scathing of him and his attitude in press conferences, could be some fireworks as she will ask him the hard questions. ! :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Isn't Caroline on Football Classified?
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

The Seedsmeister wrote:Isn't Caroline on Football Classified?
:oops: :oops: sorry, of course, :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

mandy

Post by mandy »

That went well........
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Not to worry....... Did anyone watch it, did the grumpy one lose it?
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Watching it now. He's quite contrite. Not as many snappy one-liners as I'd hoped. Just said there's no leader like Michael Brennan or Nick Maxwell at the Blooz.
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

in all his interviews he mentions us . Hasnt he gotten over collingwood yet
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

HE got off lightly IMHO, Wilson was nowhere near as hard as I thought shed be, only Lyon really went after him, and Lloyd did ask one good question. The old bugger has a habit of answering a question, with a question, then he skirts around the original question. ! Thank god hes no longer with us, just a total ratbag now. !

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pies4shaw wrote:Watching it now. He's quite contrite. Not as many snappy one-liners as I'd hoped. Just said there's no leader like Michael Brennan or Nick Maxwell at the Blooz.
Nice slap to Murphy and even Judd.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

Piesnchess wrote: Thank god hes no longer with us, just a total ratbag now. !
Charming way to talk about a Collingwood premiership coach, one of only two living! Surely if he's no good at Carlton we should thank him?! He was the best coach in the game up to his last game for Collingwood. He certainly seems to be a far less happy man these days, there can be no doubt that there are things we simply don't know about his 'removal from Collingwood. The well rehearsed story about agreeing to a contract to become 'coaching manager' & then reneging on the deal simply doesn't hold water. The bullet points might even be true, but there is more to it, anyone with the faintest clue about reading people knows that 100%

My guess is that Eddie agreed to extend Mick's tenure, then changed his mind, or otherwise deceived him. I simply don't buy that MM has no honour, he has proven the reverse to be true far too many times as Collingwood, and now Carlton, coach. The reasonable amongst you know this to be true.
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

35forever wrote:
Charming way to talk about a Collingwood premiership coach, one of only two living! Surely if he's no good at Carlton we should thank him?! He was the best coach in the game up to his last game for Collingwood. He certainly seems to be a far less happy man these days, there can be no doubt that there are things we simply don't know about his 'removal from Collingwood. The well rehearsed story about agreeing to a contract to become 'coaching manager' & then reneging on the deal simply doesn't hold water. The bullet points might even be true, but there is more to it, anyone with the faintest clue about reading people knows that 100%

My guess is that Eddie agreed to extend Mick's tenure, then changed his mind, or otherwise deceived him. I simply don't buy that MM has no honour, he has proven the reverse to be true far too many times as Collingwood, and now Carlton, coach. The reasonable amongst you know this to be true.
Tripe!!!!
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

35forever wrote:

Yep, fair enough. So he still has his honour .... shame about him not having a team, really.

Carlton had such massive expectations, and now the reality is exposed. He must feel like a kid who gets a great big gift-wrapped Christmas present which takes ages to open ... and when he looks inside, there are two buttons, three paper clips, 45 cents in loose change, and a generous assortment of mixed dog turds.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Doc63 wrote:
35forever wrote:

Tripe!!!!

and, if he didn't like the deal on the table, how come he put his signature on the contract, he signed a contract, and he broke it, simple as that. We can make up all sorts of conjecture, bottom line is, HE walked out on us, spat the dummy and went to the scum to get revenge on eddie and perty. of that I have no doubt at all. He has made snide comments about our club, and I don't forget that, I hope he stews in shit over at the scum. Incidentally, sometime ago, eddie was asked on his radio show, could he and MM oneday makeup, and break bread together etc, and eddie said " of course we can, and id love that, Mick is a premiership coach, when hes done at carlton, we can make him a life member, have him over for the social events. ." Later, the old bloke was asked the same question, re eddie, and he said " NO, cant see that happening, ever, wont happen."
T hats what we are dealing with, a very vindictive sod, who holds lifetime grudges, so I say, good riddance to him. :!: :roll:

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Mick truly is the ex who left us for some douchebag we can't stand. Just let it go people. We still love Leigh Matthews, even though he cost us double the Premierships he won for us, I'm sure we can love Mick again in 10-20 years.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La8WFgxGHLU

Here's the link of Mick's interview on Footy Classified last Monday night for those who haven't seen it.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆