#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

swoop42 wrote:LOL talk about looking for a silver lining DTM.

He obviously had a pretty average game but let's see how he goes in the coming weeks.

The thing is with Moore is that you can bet that unless we go tumbling out of the top eight by seasons end then he is going to cost us a first round selection as teams wont allow us anything different.

Best that he impresses in this carnival so we can consider him a bargain selection at our pick or at worse worthy of it.
I'd also note that Wright (a potential top pick) was not named in the best. Performances are important, but it's not all these players will be judged on. Talls especially will be allowed quiet games. I'm not going to read too much into what I think of Moore's progress, just going to wait and see what happens.
Well done boys!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Defender wrote:
swoop42 wrote:LOL talk about looking for a silver lining DTM.

He obviously had a pretty average game but let's see how he goes in the coming weeks.

The thing is with Moore is that you can bet that unless we go tumbling out of the top eight by seasons end then he is going to cost us a first round selection as teams wont allow us anything different.

Best that he impresses in this carnival so we can consider him a bargain selection at our pick or at worse worthy of it.
If Hine rates the top 20 or so higher than Moore he won't use our first rounder on him.
This is true but I get the feeling Hine rating him in the top 20 is almost a certainty.

Personally I like the sound of him and given we are in need of a kp player are 99% certain we will select him.

It would only get interesting for me should we tumble outside the eight and be looking at another top 10 pick.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Would be tough on our recruiters if that happened. They'd obviously want to judge the players solely on their ability, but that get's difficult if you have a top 10 pick. Can't be too much between several players, especially as this is meant to be a KPP heavy draft. Passing on Moore because we rate him at 11 and we have pick 9 would not be easy.

In that case, it's always possible no one will nominate him before our pick. Then we get an even bigger bargain by taking him in the second round.
Well done boys!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Must have been 6 of the most amazing touches in footy history!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Christ does Peter Moore have a pony tail?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

swoop42 wrote:Christ does Peter Moore have a pony tail?
Yes he has - Gone bit Hippie?
I am Da Man
Beast

Post by Beast »

Another plodder being talked up by the usual half-wit lemmings, will follow James Stewart's footsteps if we're lucky.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Beast wrote:Another plodder being talked up by the usual half-wit lemmings, will follow James Stewart's footsteps if we're lucky.
You have No Idea mate
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

I don't see Moore in the bests... did kick a goal though.

Vic Country 2.0 5.2 8.4 14.5 (89)
Vic Metro 3.4 5.5 9.5 11.8 (74)

GOALS
Vic Country: McCartin 3, Goddard 2, Lamb 2, Drummond 2, Webb, Parish, Lonie, Butler, Dunkley
Vic Metro: Sheridan-Ferrie 4, Wright 2, Langdon, Ahern, Ellis, Moore, Pittonet

BEST
Vic Country: Drummond, Marchbank, Marshall, Skinner, Tucker, Lonie
Vic Metro: Brayshaw, McLaren, De Goey, Castagna, Duggan, Pittonet

Trial game results

Vic Country A 0.4 1.4 4.8 5.9 (39)
Vic Metro A 1.0 7.1 9.1 14.4 (88)

GOALS
Vic Country A: Dixon, Mellington, Hodge, Wilson, Schache
Vic Metro A: Waddell 3, Wilkinson 3, Payne 2, Carboni, Menadue, Parsons, Gowers, Cavka, Atkins

BEST
Vic Country A: Cole, Wilson, Gray, Mennen, Hodge, Maher
Vic Metro A: Payne, Allen, Vickers-Willis, Menadue, Maynard, Gowers

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-18/t ... n-u18s-win
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:Christ does Peter Moore have a pony tail?
Back of the head of the person standing between Moore and the guy talking to him I'd reckon... at a guess.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Beast wrote:Another plodder being talked up by the usual half-wit lemmings, will follow James Stewart's footsteps if we're lucky.
Bold statement there. Have you seen him play or are you just talking out your arse? One things for certain, nobody was talking about Stewart as a top 5 prospect. Even if he's being overhyped a bit, it seems pretty certain that he will go in the first round. Not many plodders go that early.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^^^ Once, I had the privilege of logging on to Nick's when Big T was on the way to his fabled achievement of sweeping General Discussion with the current comment on every thread on page 1. When I logged on this morning, it looked a little like Beast had been on that sort of quest during the wee hours, so it may just be the case that the content of the post was less significant to the author than the fact of the post. :lol:
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:I don't see Moore in the bests... did kick a goal though.

Vic Country 2.0 5.2 8.4 14.5 (89)
Vic Metro 3.4 5.5 9.5 11.8 (74)

GOALS
Vic Country: McCartin 3, Goddard 2, Lamb 2, Drummond 2, Webb, Parish, Lonie, Butler, Dunkley
Vic Metro: Sheridan-Ferrie 4, Wright 2, Langdon, Ahern, Ellis, Moore, Pittonet

BEST
Vic Country: Drummond, Marchbank, Marshall, Skinner, Tucker, Lonie
Vic Metro: Brayshaw, McLaren, De Goey, Castagna, Duggan, Pittonet

Trial game results

Vic Country A 0.4 1.4 4.8 5.9 (39)
Vic Metro A 1.0 7.1 9.1 14.4 (88)

GOALS
Vic Country A: Dixon, Mellington, Hodge, Wilson, Schache
Vic Metro A: Waddell 3, Wilkinson 3, Payne 2, Carboni, Menadue, Parsons, Gowers, Cavka, Atkins

BEST
Vic Country A: Cole, Wilson, Gray, Mennen, Hodge, Maher
Vic Metro A: Payne, Allen, Vickers-Willis, Menadue, Maynard, Gowers

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-18/t ... n-u18s-win
Had just six possesions and one goal.

However according to other club recruiters, Moore is mentioned as being a "lock in" to be selected F/S by Collingwood.

BTW, anyone know if this young Steve? Waddell is the son or even grandson of the Waddell who was in the middle of a huge fight for his sevices between Collingwood and Carlton in the early 80's??? From memory, Carlton won that fight.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Stupied wrote:
Bold statement there. Have you seen him play or are you just talking out your arse? One things for certain, nobody was talking about Stewart as a top 5 prospect. Even if he's being overhyped a bit, it seems pretty certain that he will go in the first round. Not many plodders go that early.
I haven't seen him play so I am talking out of my arse as you put it but its pretty obvious to me he has stagnated and hasn't developed like we hoped he would in the last 2 years. He has a nice highlights package from his under 16s days and not much else. I also haven't seen posters whos opinion I rate on here or other sites rave about him.
I was fairly intoxicated when I posted that and might end up looking foolish but the hype around him is nowhere near being justified.
And keep in mind there's distinct possibility recruiters from other clubs are talking him to force our hand at selecting him earlier than necessary when in reality he is a second round selection.
Joe Daniher dominated under 18's but right now looks like a fish out of water in the seniors, even though you can clearly see the talent, Moore does not dominate and in fact quite pften gets beaten on the day and hardly touches the pill, food for thought.