#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'm with KM.

I've never understood how Fasolo polarises opinion so much. Yes he's a cocky little cnut but he's damn silk. Look up honest battler in the dictionary and there's a photo of Fasolo with the heading "this is NOT one".

Was sent down back because we needed someone down there who could deliver the ball, but he is definitely a natural forward and should just about be in our best 22 if we have a full list to pick from.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

stui magpie wrote:
snip: Look up honest battler in the dictionary and there's a photo of Fasolo with the heading "this is NOT one".

snip:
lolololol now that made me laugh...

Now back to normal programming: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Faz is still trying to solidify his spot in the side TBH

Bucks wanted him to play back, he trained up for that in the VFL, but the last game i saw him alot up forward

Whos our crumbing forward that can kick a handful when required? And not a regular midfielder.
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Faz with Elliot and Broomhead can all play up fwd and offer something different... don't care that other don't rate him although I think it is odd - he always looks dangerous to me with the ball in his hands and is doing a lot more defensive stuff now as well!
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Very marginal to the outcome on Saturday, on a day when I thought we really needed him to have an influence.

I just don't see this "silk" that others speak of, and he gors missing for long periods in most games. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see him being a big part of a top four team.
Two more flags before I die!
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Faz has much of the X Factor our team is sadly lacking. A time in defence to teach him defensive pressure (his greatest area of weakness initially) is not a bad long term strategy. He is a natural forward and he and Elliot will be a good combination going forward.

I am confident he will take his place in the forward line and will give us much to cheer about in the future and his time in defence will give him the skills to assist him in locking the ball into our forward 50.

For most of this year it was not about winning a premiership this year but developing our players for the future, Faz is part of our future.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I think he'll struggle to retain his spot to be honest. I think we have better small forwards coming through and better small running backmen.

He now has to work his arse off to win a ot in the starting 22
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
E

Post by E »

qldmagpie67 wrote:He is way better than a battler for sure.
I'm one who cringes when he stuffs around with the ball instead of just clearing the defensive 50.
Having said that I thought he never should have been moved.
Fasalo with Elliott are far better forward options than Blair so for the life of me can't understand why we wanted to play him back.
I think it was more to do with finding a spot for Blair who couldn't make it in our mid field at the beginning of the season.
Better option would have been to put Blair in the seconds and play Fasalo and Elliott forward.
Don't you think just maybe there is method to the madness.

1. Defenders get a whole lot more chances to get involved in the game than forward pockets. If I was returning from a year out of the game, this might be a good way to ease me back into it.

2. Given the importance of forward pressure, learning defensively skills might help me in the future and maybe give me a shot at going forward.

3. Fas is going to be a star for us if he stays healthy

Elliot cloke Reid fasolo broomhead and resting ruckman not a bad forward line!!!!!!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Fas could become a star for us, or he might struggle to get a regular senior game. We'll find out by midway through next season I guess.
Warbler

Post by Warbler »

Broomhead for mine is ahead of Fasolo at this stage .

Gotta agree with RudeBoy . I'd love to have both Fasolo & Broomhead become stars .

GO PIES
35forever

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Yes, Fasolo's deficiencies are in fact Buckley's. How silly that I never realised that before.

It's a wonder he didn't win a Brownlow while MM was coaching him.

The reality is that Fas has plateaued, it happens, while he has been treading water Broomy has screamed past him on the back wheel, but if Fas can steer his development curve back into a northerly direction he is certainly capable of holding a spot in the 22.

Armstrong's recent form may mean that Fas goes forward again - where it must be said he belongs. OP is right - he has the nous, it can't be taught and shouldn't be wasted
they can smell what we're cookin'
ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

Fas needs to develop FWD 50 tackling aggression like Goldsack and when combined with his X factor ( which is lacking in our team at present) he could be as valuable as Krakouer.
He, Elliot and Broomhead up forward have the potential to massively improve our scoring ability in 2015.

He is certainly a keeper - all the critics have failed to acknowledge his last 2 years have been largely wasted due to injury.

Interesting that when Tony Armstrong was asked on SEN recently who is the coaches pet - he said Fas.

So this idea that Bucks has sapped his confidence and psychologically bruised him is not based in fact.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

ThePieMind wrote:Fas needs to develop FWD 50 tackling aggression like Goldsack and when combined with his X factor ( which is lacking in our team at present) he could be as valuable as Krakouer.
He, Elliot and Broomhead up forward have the potential to massively improve our scoring ability in 2015.

He is certainly a keeper - all the critics have failed to acknowledge his last 2 years have been largely wasted due to injury.

Interesting that when Tony Armstrong was asked on SEN recently who is the coaches pet - he said Fas.

So this idea that Bucks has sapped his confidence and psychologically bruised him is not based in fact.
well, there you go. not entirely convinced anything that 35forever writes is fact.

good reminder re his injury. i would think he'd still be tentative about his foot and it'd be hard to have full confidence in it given what he has experienced.

with a full preseason and no injuries we should expect him to come into his own next year.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I think he's been bloody ordinary, but he has been played out of position mostly and he has injuries as an excuse.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.