This forum is pathetic

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:LOL we were not packing the 'G' in '99!
Average attendance was 40K
Plus we were still playing 7 games at VIC park.

I remember going to a couple of games in 2005 and the crowd being less than 30,000 at the G
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

After you've been on a forum long enough you start to figure out who to take seriously in terms of the opinions they have as opposed to those that just sprout rubbish even if they have that right to do so.

Every forum has it's good or bad elements so better to tolerate it even if it's a nuisance for many unfortunately rather than 'feeding the trolls' so to speak.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Wokko wrote:That's society now. Discussion and debate takes a back seat to either moaning about some perceived injustice or going straight for insulting, shaming and belittling someone.

I've lessened my posting on forums more and more over the years with just Nick's left now, and the way this place is headed I may just hang up the Keyboard and coffee and go back to writing letters to the newspaper when I feel I have something important to say.
yup, sad but true

it used to be fun, to have a couple and come and rant, people had a sense of humour, now some are just down right nasty, sad
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Dark Beanie wrote:
Wokko wrote:That's society now. Discussion and debate takes a back seat to either moaning about some perceived injustice or going straight for insulting, shaming and belittling someone.
I agree Wokko.

Doesn't matter what it is, Australia has become a nation of self obsessed whingers.
I blame talkback radio. They've normalised whinging and turned self obsession into an art form.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
cobood

Post by cobood »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:LOL we were not packing the 'G' in '99!
Average attendance was 40K
That's because most of our games were played at Vic Park...
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

MOTR wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
I agree Wokko.

Doesn't matter what it is, Australia has become a nation of self obsessed whingers.
I blame talkback radio. They've normalised whinging and turned self obsession into an art form.
i blame the print media and social media. it has given the great unwashed a platform to voice their uniformed opinions. having said that, the 50/50 column in the heraldsun has been giving voice to fools for years now.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

think positive wrote:

I've lessened my posting on forums more and more over the years with just Nick's left now, and the way this place is headed I may just hang up the Keyboard and coffee and go back to writing letters to the newspaper when I feel I have something important to say.
yup, sad but true

it used to be fun, to have a couple and come and rant, people had a sense of humour, now some are just down right nasty, sad
five or so years ago, when living in nz, i would log in to nick's and end up in tears because some of the threads were so amusing, witty and enjoyable to read. there was never the constant negativity that we are seeing presently.

i just don't know how it has come to be the forum it is. what saddens me more is that so much of the commentary is just so ill informed or without basis.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.

Post by 1061 »

To many personal/private agenda's are being supported.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Supported by whom? News to me if so.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange