Collingwood misses out on Frawley

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

collie dog

Collingwood misses out on Frawley

Post by collie dog »

How on earth can Geelong or Hawthorn be favoured to have signed James Frawley?

Obviously we've missed out if media reports are on the mark.

I just don't get it. Surely Hawthorn and Geelong have salary cap pressures, or did the Travis Cloke deal really stitch us up for years to come.

Once again Geelong and Hawthorn (along with Sydney) show why they are the absolute masters of recycling players from other clubs to top up their lists. Expect them to dominate the competition for years to come.

Meanwhile, strike up another recruiting fail to our genius recruiters. :roll:
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

If we were signing him you'd be questioning his worth and insisting that we were overpaying and crippling ourselves like you are now claiming we did with Cloke.

None of your dodgy tactics will work here, regardless of the account you happen to be using at the time, ever again.

Give up and go away
they can smell what we're cookin'
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

collie dog wrote:How on earth can Geelong or Hawthorn be favoured to have signed James Frawley?

I just don't get it. Surely Hawthorn and Geelong have salary cap pressures, or did the Travis Cloke deal really stitch us up for years to come.

Once again Geelong and Hawthorn (along with Sydney) show why they are the absolute masters of recycling players from other clubs to top up their lists. Expect them to dominate the competition for years to come.

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! "
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

How can you miss out on someone your not chasing?
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Collingwood misses out on Frawley

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

collie dog wrote:How on earth can Geelong or Hawthorn be favoured to have signed James Frawley?

I thought this was mentioned at the forum. We have space in our salary cap which we are saving for the right time to recruit a champion seasoned player. Frawley is not that player in my opinion judging on what I have seen at Melbourne this season.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

BBHS wrote:How can you miss out on someone your not chasing?
That is a good epistemological question.
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

^ And you believe that tripe? We never get champions at Collingwood. Either we fund player's retirement or they are finished as decent players. Fact.

But no one has answered the question about how Geelong or Hawthorn can AFFORD Frawley.
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

We've drafted a good backline without having to bring in a mercenary. There are other needs that we should look at bringing in before an overpaid defender who, lets be honest, didn't set the world on fire this year.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

I was also keen to acquire chip F but seriously have you seen him play??? really poor below his knees, fumbles a lot - I think we have enough of those players... and by all reports very lazy as well, any team paying more than 300k for 5 years are a laughing stock!

Please please please Pies NOT recruit him...save our pennies for a bigger name the year after!
woftam

Post by woftam »

Wokko wrote:We've drafted a good backline without having to bring in a mercenary. There are other needs that we should look at bringing in before an overpaid defender who, lets be honest, didn't set the world on fire this year.
This.^^^

Frost, Brown Reid & Keeffe are good enough tall defenders without adding another one for a reported $800,000. We will have cap space with all the kids. I'm picking we have a target or two in mind already & someone like Frawley would make that harder. He is a good player but not worth the dollars being banded around. I hope we are saving for a Jeremy Cameron.

Just think about it. If you save $300,000 in cap for a few years running that gives you big buying power when the time comes because of the new rules regarding TPP.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

collie dog wrote:^ And you believe that tripe? We never get champions at Collingwood. Either we fund player's retirement or they are finished as decent players. Fact.

But no one has answered the question about how Geelong or Hawthorn can AFFORD Frawley.
frawley aint no champion. i'd rather we didn't get frawley.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
piester

Post by piester »

Frawley is not a genuine star and not worth anything near $800K. A good ordinary player at best and we are better biding our time and going for a really big fish not an over rated guppy. Might not be some one this year, but maybe next.
Is there any place you would rather be, than with me at the MCG?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

PASS, he aint worth it, we can do much,much better, just another greedy dollar daisy on the loose, looking for big cash at tail end of career. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

John Wren wrote:
collie dog wrote:^ And you believe that tripe? We never get champions at Collingwood. Either we fund player's retirement or they are finished as decent players. Fact.

frawley aint no champion. i'd rather we didn't get frawley.
Frawley isn't a champion. Ball and Jolly were and we got both of them and they helped us to a flag before their careers faded. Collie dog, you have less ability to recognise football talent than my pet spoodle!
Born and raised in Black and White
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

I'd pass on Frawley unless we could get him at a reasonable price.. which we won't i.e. pass
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!