Bucks and Dangerfield

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Bucks and Dangerfield

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

Many here are speculating on the possible trade re Beams and how it might get Dangerfield to Collingwood.

I don't know of course, but I doubt Buckley would want Dangerfield after he was heavily involved/responsible in the Sanderson sacking. Kinda like bringing in a 'rat pack" player?? Of course, there is the loyalty to his best mate which might play a part too, albeit it a business decision admittedly.
kymbo
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

If Dangerfield helps to get rid of Buckley I'd say bring it on!
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

If Dangerfield had a big say in Sanderson being sacked (seems at odds with statements earlier in the year), then there's very little chance he'd leave. You don't get a coach sacked then move on to another club.

The hope is that the push came from others and he's not entirely comfortable with it. If that's the case we'd be some chance of working a trade.
Well done boys!
MatthewBoydFanClub

Re: Bucks and Dangerfield

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:Many here are speculating on the possible trade re Beams and how it might get Dangerfield to Collingwood.

I don't know of course, but I doubt Buckley would want Dangerfield after he was heavily involved/responsible in the Sanderson sacking. Kinda like bringing in a 'rat pack" player?? Of course, there is the loyalty to his best mate which might play a part too, albeit it a business decision admittedly.
I suspect that Sanderson's sacking had more to do with members on the Adelaide board, than any discontent among the Adelaide players. Adelaide will regret their decision and that's their problem. If their situation leads to unrest and motivates Dangerfield wanting to leave Adelaide then Collingwood would be a great home for Dangerfield.
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

Ricciuto had a fair bit to do with Sanderson's sacking, so I'm told.
The window is open my friend!
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Dangerfield had nothing to do with Sanderson's sacking. You're closer to the mark BucksIsFutureCoach.

Would love Dangerfield at collingwood.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Let's hope you're right and that Paddy is P'd. If we could get him it would potentially be an upgrade on Beams.
Well done boys!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au

Podpicken wrote:Dangerfield had nothing to do with Sanderson's sacking. You're closer to the mark BucksIsFutureCoach.

Would love Dangerfield at collingwood.
I'd rather have Rockliff if there was a choice of course.
kymbo
makri

Post by makri »

If Dangerfield did have anything to do with Sanderson getting sacked it's unlikely that he would then come here and play under one of Sanderson's best mates.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

makri wrote:If Dangerfield did have anything to do with Sanderson getting sacked it's unlikely that he would then come here and play under one of Sanderson's best mates.
Especially if Sanderson is one of Buck's assistants. :wink:
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Losing Beams and getting Dangerfield using the Beams compensation should be the first option we try.

Get him to agree to our offer and we're half way there with the implied threat that he'll leave for the pies at the end of 2015 if a trade isn't done.

Pick 4 and a player off the Brisbane list that suits there needs and one there prepared to trade would be better compensation that what they'll receive via free agency.

Replace Beams immediately with Dangerfield and our hopes in the short term suddenly don't seem so bleak.

About time Ed pulled off another Malthouse style coup.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au

swoop42 wrote:Losing Beams and getting Dangerfield using the Beams compensation should be the first option we try.

Get him to agree to our offer and we're half way there with the implied threat that he'll leave for the pies at the end of 2015 if a trade isn't done.

Pick 4 and a player off the Brisbane list that suits there needs and one there prepared to trade would be better compensation that what they'll receive via free agency.

Replace Beams immediately with Dangerfield and our hopes in the short term suddenly don't seem so bleak.

Adelaide's recent professionalism means they'll probably offer us former number 1 pick Richard Tambling!
kymbo
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

swoop42 wrote:Losing Beams and getting Dangerfield using the Beams compensation should be the first option we try.

I know I pooh poohed us ever getting Dangerfield in another thread but with the Beams situation arising the notion isn't as far fetched as it once was.

I doubt it will happen but if the club don't at least throw an offer out there re orchestrating a 3 way trade then I'd be surprised.

As great as getting Dangerfield the player is, in light of the year we've had on field and the discontent festering off, it would almost be as much of a coup for the clubs public relations.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Is Dangerfield a Victorian?I don't know much about him,except that he's a damn good player.
Beast

Re: Bucks and Dangerfield

Post by Beast »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:Many here are speculating on the possible trade re Beams and how it might get Dangerfield to Collingwood.

Why not, makes as much sense as bringing in Clark who by all reports (I'm led to believe his depression is only a part of the whole picture) is exactly the sort Bucks should stay away from.