Why is the Mitch Clark thread closed?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

35forever

Why is the Mitch Clark thread closed?

Post by 35forever »

It seems threads are being closed, moved, or limited willy nilly.
That is not how a forum works, what's going on? And yes, I'm sure it was entirely my fault, although they are threads I haven't posted to, or read.
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Buckley must be behind it.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

C'mon 35Forever you're not trying. You could have banged out at least another thousand words there 😄
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

He has chosen the cats, thread closed, simples.
Genesis 1:1
35forever

Post by 35forever »

I know he chose the Cats but that certainly doesn't provide a reason to close the bloody thread! Are the mods trying to stifle any criticism of the club? If so who the f*** told them to!?

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

35forever wrote:I know he chose the Cats but that certainly doesn't provide a reason to close the bloody thread! Are the mods trying to stifle any criticism of the club? If so who the f*** told them to!?
Sigh sooo it's the clubs fault he chose Cats. What next it's the clubs fault if I wake up with a headache tomorrow
35forever

Post by 35forever »

It has nothing to do with who's fault it is that he chose the Cats, it's about the free exchange of ideas, especially when the club is so determined to keep us in the dark and feed us bullshit! I can assure you if people thought I wrote too many posts before, it was a mere tweet compared to what will happen if the mods start closing threads with no explanation! If you REALLY want to read some novels, tell me to shut up!!!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

35forever wrote:I know he chose the Cats but that certainly doesn't provide a reason to close the bloody thread! Are the mods trying to stifle any criticism of the club? If so who the f*** told them to!?
Yep. A conspiracy between Bucks and the Mods.
Unbelievable. Here we go again.
Bring Back Tranquilli
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I'd say the reason is that's there's already a thread on the subject. Would have been easier to go and post in it than start another whinge and whine thread.
Last edited by AN_Inkling on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well done boys!
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

AN_Inkling wrote:I'd say the reason is that's there's already a thread on the subject. Would have been easier to go and post it than start another whinge and whine thread.
Yeah, but he does it so well!!

Honestly, why all the fuss over a player who has played 15 games in 3 years, and has a dodgy foot.?
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
piepower

Post by piepower »

He's picked the Cats, end of sorry. Good Luck to him and his health.
Premiers 2010
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Good grief, there's a 14 page thread in the DTM forum, go look for it :lol:
E

Post by E »

I agree with you. Why couldn't the Mitch thread have naturally morfed into an analysis of Collingwood, its recruiting success, the rumor mill that things have changed, interesting updates on how the worm turned, analysis of why this is a good thing for Collingwood.

It makes no sense for someone to decide that there is nothing more for Collingwood supporters to discuss about the topic of Mitch Clark returning to football.

also, its the off season for Christs sake. Let the diehards (and let's face it, you gotta be a die hard to be posting about Collingwood during the offseason following a season like the one we had).

I think the new mod might be trying to flex his muscles........ dumb idea, although ironically, since this is one of the few times I agree with 35 forever, maybe the mods are just trying to unify the site but allowing us to turn our frustration onto them.....
E

Post by E »

King Malta wrote:Good grief, there's a 14 page thread in the DTM forum, go look for it :lol:
not many people can be bothered visiting 20 different forums in the small amount of time they have to get their Collingwood fix.

Most of us consider any thread that is not in general discussion as having been moved to a place to rot in hell.

The simplicity of this forum used to be its strength. Afterall, a thread can so easily be ignored if it is something you aren't interested in. If no one responds to a thread I would argue that there is no interest and it could be removed for lack of interest, but I think if the thread gets to 14 pages, it has proved itself to be something that the users of the site want to have on the site.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Do we need 30 different threads on the same topic? If you want to complain about Collingwood's lack of recruitment, etc. Start a thread entitled that and go from there, but we already have had many different threads started on the same topic and it's getting annoying.

We don't need a dozen different trade threads on the same topic, one is quite fine with people adding to it, if they don't want to go through the 20 odd pages that's their choice... but 20 different threads telling us the same old shit ain't needed.

35forever can start a different thread about recruitment if he wishes, but we don't need more threads on Mitch Clark, there's been enough.