Its down to Rich or Redden

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

If Beams wants to get to Brisbane badly.....I want to see this headline..."Beams tells manager, just get it done!"
carn the mighty pies!
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Isn't Redden a bit of a plodder with ordinary disposal/decision making?
kill for collingwood!
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

Just watched a 2012 highlights package of Redden and he looked solid. Good on both sides, wins the ball inside, runs to the right spots outside. In fact he really does look like a slight down grade of Beamer (just a taller version)
Museman

Post by Museman »

roar wrote:Isn't Redden a bit of a plodder with ordinary disposal/decision making?
Nah, he's a star...they're all stars :wink:

You would think the way they are valuing their players that they were a kick away a flag last year or something.....

LMAO, they expect us to be happy to lose our 2nd best mid and add a draft pick, all the while they know they will be introducing Beams and Rich into a midfield that contains rockcliff and Redden....

Nah fook em, we will take one of them thank you....
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Redden is hardly a plodder.

He is tough as nails and a tackling machine (similar mold to Lenny Hayes).
Would be a great ready made replacement for Beams.

Leppitsch inst the only decision maker at the club so I wouldn't worry too much about him.
Az

Post by Az »

Leppa saying Redden is going nowhere. They just don't wanna deal ffs
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Brinkmanship, brinkmanship, brinkmanship.

Everyone needs to relax. All that's being thrown around at the moment is hot air. It's not going to comfort anyone but we all know absolutely nothing about what's really happening here until there's an official announcement that a trade has been agreed.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

love the avatar KM!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

If we get Greenwood, our need for a ready made replacement for Beams won't be so urgent. It would make draft picks a good return for Beams.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

If not Redden, then Aish. If not him, then Mayes.

Ultimately, if Brisbane want Beams they need to give us something of value or they can try again next year. We may be willing to take their first round pick next year...
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Work on the Aish boy, sell the home of football and 70k fans every week. Tell him to go to them and say I'll be part of the deal. They'll then want another pick of ours. Give em our last one
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

can anyone tell me where Brisbane get their confidence and swagger from???
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Museman

Post by Museman »

RudeBoy wrote:If we get Greenwood, our need for a ready made replacement for Beams won't be so urgent. It would make draft picks a good return for Beams.
We need to add 2 age appropriate mids, with the downturn of Swanny it was one of our problems this year...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Museman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:If we get Greenwood, our need for a ready made replacement for Beams won't be so urgent. It would make draft picks a good return for Beams.
We need to add 2 age appropriate mids, with the downturn of Swanny it was one of our problems this year...
Ideally you're right, but I guess all I'm saying is that getting a ready-made in and under mid like Greenwood would reduce the urgency for us to get another ready-made mid. After all, next year Adams and Broomhead will have had another year under their belts and we should have Freeman available. Hopefully, Swanny will return in better shape than he was this year too.
Museman

Post by Museman »

RudeBoy wrote:
Museman wrote:
Ideally you're right, but I guess all I'm saying is that getting a ready-made in and under mid like Greenwood would reduce the urgency for us to get another ready-made mid. After all, next year Adams and Broomhead will have had another year under their belts and we should have Freeman available. Hopefully, Swanny will return in better shape than he was this year too.
Yeah problem was we said the same of Thomas and co last year and none have come on as hoped.

We need so make sure we are not Band-Aid orientated with Beams leaving and approach trade time as we should...to improve our list...not patch it.