Its down to Rich or Redden

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

themonk

Post by themonk »

regan is true fullback wrote:the idea of a trade is a win win. much as I would like to scroue Brisbane pointless, it is better to compromise, otherwise you end up like the smart alecs of the league, with simmering resentment from the other party.

we have been scrude in the past over the Brett Stevens non trade, and the poaching of Philip Walsh. it is better to get what you can rather than hold out for too much.

pick 23 is on the table now. in the words of two of the three Dr Whos:

"Take it, Omega!"
West Coast got Kennedy, pick 3 and pick 20 for Judd.

I don't believe Redden or Aish & pick 5 is asking for too much.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

themonk wrote:
regan is true fullback wrote:the idea of a trade is a win win. much as I would like to scroue Brisbane pointless, it is better to compromise, otherwise you end up like the smart alecs of the league, with simmering resentment from the other party.

we have been scrude in the past over the Brett Stevens non trade, and the poaching of Philip Walsh. it is better to get what you can rather than hold out for too much.

"Take it, Omega!"

There, several clubs, including us, were competing to get Judd. In Beams case it seems there's really only one, or maybe two. Still, I agree with your premise, that we are not asking for overs here. Unless the Lions give us close to what we're asking, I'd prefer to keep him to his contract for next year and let him go through all this again in 12 months, or risk ending up down at Seaford.
themonk

Post by themonk »

RudeBoy wrote:
themonk wrote:

"Take it, Omega!"

There, several clubs, including us, were competing to get Judd. In Beams case it seems there's really only one, or maybe two. Still, I agree with your premise, that we are not asking for overs here. Unless the Lions give us close to what we're asking, I'd prefer to keep him to his contract for next year and let him go through all this again in 12 months, or risk ending up down at Seaford.
Agreed.

Beams is a restricted free agent next year so once again he can't be sure of ending up at Brisbane.

The moment is now Lions, how much do you want him?
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Apparently they have tweeted an announcement of a new young Lion to commit ... rumours are that it's Pick 5 and 25, essentially Pick 5 plus Greenwood for beams.

Gross. Collingwood ... you no longer have my membership next year if this is the case. Sorry. But this ain't hardball if true.
Est. 2002
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

themonk wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
themonk wrote: West Coast got Kennedy, pick 3 and pick 20 for Judd.

Agreed.

Beams is a restricted free agent next year so once again he can't be sure of ending up at Brisbane.

Doesn't qualify for FA till the end of 2016. Would be just a disgruntled uncontracted player taking his chances in the draft.
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: There, several clubs, including us, were competing to get Judd. In Beams case it seems there's really only one, or maybe two. Still, I agree with your premise, that we are not asking for overs here. Unless the Lions give us close to what we're asking, I'd prefer to keep him to his contract for next year and let him go through all this again in 12 months, or risk ending up down at Seaford.
Agreed.

Doesn't qualify for FA till the end of 2016. Would be just a disgruntled uncontracted player taking his chances in the draft.

Seaford is pretty cold in winter and there are no nice cafes down that way. At some point you would think Paul Connors would interject in this and do his best to get a player in the mix to ensure his client doe not live in purgatory for 2015.. How hard would it be to whisper into Redden's ear that there is a bit more coin and more time in the midfield down at the Wetpatch Centre ?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

jdpie1970 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote: Agreed.

Seaford is pretty cold in winter and there are no nice cafes down that way. At some point you would think Paul Connors would interject in this and do his best to get a player in the mix to ensure his client doe not live in purgatory for 2015.. How hard would it be to whisper into Redden's ear that there is a bit more coin and more time in the midfield down at the Wetpatch Centre ?
Or worse, could end up at Melbourne.... or Carlton. :lol:
regan is true fullback

Post by regan is true fullback »

You guys must be hanging out with the pretty woman leaning in her darkened door

Which sort of makes me the beggar leaning on his wooden crutch...
E

Post by E »

RudeBoy wrote:
themonk wrote:

"Take it, Omega!"

Yes, but Judd didn't have a year remaining on his contract. Brisbane are not competing with a third party, BUT they are competing with the no deal scenario. WC didn't have that luxury since he would have gone into the draft for nothing.