Present number on the senior list

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

inxs88 wrote:A small problem with our list like many other clubs is the surplus of "Half back flankers";

* Seedsman
* Young
* Toovey
* Sinclair
* Goldsack
* Marley
* Ramsay
* Langdon
* Oxley
* Armstrong

Half back is the spot that those with mid field and offensive flaws tend to gravitate to as a rule of thumb. If we have to delist, this may be the area we need to trim.
Tooves is probably the only one of those players limited to a defensive role and even he could probably still assume a run-with midfield role.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

jackcass wrote:Yep, if you start with a list of 38, you have 2, 39-1, 40-0.
Thanks LP.

Is Pick 48 worth anything? Can we find a trade for it, even 30+48 for 29+99 would be to our benefit if we are only going to use the pick to do a rookie upgrade anyway.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Tannin wrote:
jackcass wrote:Yep, if you start with a list of 38, you have 2, 39-1, 40-0.
Thanks LP.

Is Pick 48 worth anything? Can we find a trade for it, even 30+48 for 29+99 would be to our benefit if we are only going to use the pick to do a rookie upgrade anyway.
We actually have two very late picks, either of which would do for a rookie upgrade, so we don't really need a 99. It would certainly be good to improve 48, if that were possible.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Thanks Pies4shaw, I guess we will know tomorrow night what the club is cooking. A player and a high pick for a lower pick maybe?
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I hope the Club gives Ramsay more time. He was the 2nd youngest draftee in his year and has still not turned 20. He has consistently looked like he could make a good quality senior player in his VFL games and he seemed to perform creditably when he finally got a senior game late in the year. I know he's no certainty to become a star but he clearly has talent that we could regret losing.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Pies4shaw wrote:I hope the Club gives Ramsay more time. He was the 2nd youngest draftee in his year and has still not turned 20. He has consistently looked like he could make a good quality senior player in his VFL games and he seemed to perform creditably when he finally got a senior game late in the year. I know he's no certainty to become a star but he clearly has talent that we could regret losing.
The only thing going against Ramsey is his lack of physical presence. You can't put 25 kilos of muscle on a guy overnight. Oh, yes you can; ask Essendon. :P
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Having just had a look at the Collingwood list we currently have 40 senior listed players including Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and Moore.

40 is the maximum is it not?

Out of the 40 senior listed players 3 players in Frost, Gault and Oxley could all be returned to the rookie list if I'm correct in my assumption.

That would leave us with up to 3 live selections on draft day.

Now hang on what about Frost I hear you say.

Yes you would suggest he's all but guaranteed to be upgraded to the senior list permanently on draft day as he deserves to be.

This would leave us with only 2 live selections at 5 and 30 unless further delistings occur.

But given that Scharenberg will most likely be added to the LTI list at the earliest point available could we take the option of returning Frost to the rookie list thus allowing us to have 3 selections on draft day as well as Frost then being available for senior selection at round 1?

If we enter the season with 40 senior listed players does that mean we can't have a preseason or late season rookie upgrade and would have to rely on a LTI solely to see one occur?

Is 40 the maximum you can ever have at any one time during the year on the senior list or is it 40 plus these early and late season rookie upgrades available to all sides?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:Having just had a look at the Collingwood list we currently have 40 senior listed players including Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and Moore.

Out of the 40 senior listed players 3 players in Frost, Gault and Oxley could all be returned to the rookie list if I'm correct in my assumption.

Yes you would suggest he's all but guaranteed to be upgraded to the senior list permanently on draft day as he deserves to be.

This would leave us with only 2 live selections at 5 and 30 unless further delistings occur.

But given that Scharenberg will most likely be added to the LTI list at the earliest point available could we take the option of returning Frost to the rookie list thus allowing us to have 3 selections on draft day as well as Frost then being available for senior selection at round 1?

If we enter the season with 40 senior listed players does that mean we can't have a preseason or late season rookie upgrade and would have to rely on a LTI solely to see one occur?

Is 40 the maximum you can ever have at any one time during the year on the senior list or is it 40 plus these early and late season rookie upgrades available to all sides?
That's right. We started 2014 with a senior list of 39 which included Oxley (no longer a rookie), upgraded Hudson to the 40th spot. Changes following trades as listed below with vacancies in red:

Ball - Greenwood
Beams - Varcoe
Clarke - Crisp
Lumumba - Moore
Lynch - Pick 5
Maxy - Pick 30
Senior 40 - Frost (assumed upgrade)

Hudson - Rookie 1
Martin - Rookie 2
Yagmoor - Rookie 3

Mooney was a Cat B in 2014.

Happy to be corrected.

Not sure about mid season rookie upgrades and whether they allow the senior list to go beyond 40.
roar

Post by roar »

Culprit wrote:A player and a high pick for a lower pick maybe?
That's what I'm hoping for.
kill for collingwood!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

roar wrote:
Too late now.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
Too late now.
We really should have thrown it all in to get lower then pick 5, or as I said made 30 better by downgrading pick 5... now I honestly think that unless we're pretty lucky, both draft picks won't be really what we want or need - but hopefully I'm dead wrong.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
roar

Post by roar »

Perhaps we did try and shop around our lesser lights but nobody was interested.
kill for collingwood!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

roar wrote:Perhaps we did try and shop around our lesser lights but nobody was interested.
Looking at the picks, it appears the only clubs we could have dealt with our 5 & 30, are GWS 4, 6, 7, 23 but to them its only a very slight upgrade and a bit of a downgrade, or GCS 8 & 15... oh well, we could have always thrown in Blair as the steak knives... sigh.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Having just had a look at the Collingwood list we currently have 40 senior listed players including Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and Moore.

That's right. We started 2014 with a senior list of 39 which included Oxley (no longer a rookie), upgraded Hudson to the 40th spot. Changes following trades as listed below with vacancies in red:

Ball - Greenwood
Beams - Varcoe
Clarke - Crisp
Lumumba - Moore
Lynch - Pick 5
Maxy - Pick 30
Senior 40 - Frost (assumed upgrade)

Hudson - Rookie 1
Martin - Rookie 2
Yagmoor - Rookie 3

Mooney was a Cat B in 2014.

Happy to be corrected.

Not sure about mid season rookie upgrades and whether they allow the senior list to go beyond 40.
Oxley was a rookie upgrade at the start of the season so doesn't that mean we can once again place him on that list?

Pretty certain rookies have to be drafted on to the list at the national draft to become a permanent senior listed player.

To be able to make use of 5 and 30 we'll need to be able to rookie list Oxley and Gault.

To use pick 48 we'll need to rookie list Frost or delist someone else.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!