A round 1 ,2 & 3 Draft selection

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

A round 1 ,2 & 3 Draft selection

Post by BazBoy »

Round one we have #5
" " two " " #30
" " three " #48
Then nothing till round 5 (an 80 something)
A good #5 Scott Pendelbury
And a #65 Tom Langdon
" " # 63 Tyson Goldsack
" " #41 Jack Frost
So deeper in there are good,uns
Be thorough DH and pluck a pearler
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

doubt we will use any pick past 48 with the players we brought in
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Deka said as much and in fact primarily 5 was as far as he projected
But he is a shrewdy
Our trades should bolster parts of 2014 team
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

barrybc41 wrote:Deka said as much and in fact primarily 5 was as far as he projected
But he is a shrewdy
Our trades should bolster parts of 2014 team
We can't draft to too many pistons because we are near capacity as it is.

The only way we could draft beyond 5, 30 & 48 is to rookie list others, promote others, not promote rookies & de-list or some combination of the those options.

The word pass will be used on draft day quite a bit I reckon by Hine & co.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

How much is that?
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Just lookin at AFL draft clips and see #48 which happens to be our pick in Round 3
A kid called Dylan Hodge & brother of Luke --looked good
Hey!! Tell me i,m dreamin
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

We won't use past 48. As it is, we still need to delist at least one player to get past 30.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Just read an article about Mckernan, who was just delisted from the crows, saying his best football is in front of him and at age 25 years I would agree.

A fullforward / ruckman doesn't come by easy and he looks cherry ripe to take perhaps in the rookie draft.

He wants to play and if he plays at the expense of Witts and/or Grundy, it would be because he has earned it. Im not worried about taking away game time from the youngsters especially Witts, because he has had chances. I do suspect Witts will come into his own next year but we need competition for spots on the list.

Who is with me?

I was never a big fan of SM but he could thrive at a new club. Its not like we are strong in the ruck/forward department.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

magpieazza wrote:Just read an article about Mckernan, who was just delisted from the crows, saying his best football is in front of him and at age 25 years I would agree.

A fullforward / ruckman doesn't come by easy and he looks cherry ripe to take perhaps in the rookie draft.

He wants to play and if he plays at the expense of Witts and/or Grundy, it would be because he has earned it. Im not worried about taking away game time from the youngsters especially Witts, because he has had chances. I do suspect Witts will come into his own next year but we need competition for spots on the list.

Who is with me?

I was never a big fan of SM but he could thrive at a new club. Its not like we are strong in the ruck/forward department.
I really don't think we need another ruckman. White will be our reserve ruckman in the off-chance both Witts and Grundy get injured. Otherwise we need both Witts and Grundy to get as much senior games time as possible.
iamsam

Post by iamsam »

I think he would be worthy of a rookie spot as backup. When he was delisted they said on SEN that Matt Rendell was a big fan of his.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

I'd love to see us grab McKernan, his bro was a gun and he has a lovely big hoof. Take him as backup/pressure for the tall forwards. At the opposite end of the scale what number is Jack Lonie likely to go? The kid is small but he has an incredible foot, just like his two cousins who were among the best kicks of a footy I've ever seen. He could turn out to be a devastating small forward, check out his TAC form. And he's a Dandenong boy like myself and Pants!
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

RudeBoy wrote:
magpieazza wrote:Just read an article about Mckernan, who was just delisted from the crows, saying his best football is in front of him and at age 25 years I would agree.

Who is with me?

I really don't think we need another ruckman. White will be our reserve ruckman in the off-chance both Witts and Grundy get injured. Otherwise we need both Witts and Grundy to get as much senior games time as possible.
Im happy to see Witts/ Grundy as first choice rucks but remember Mckernan is actually not a bad forward option, which I think may give us an edge. Neither Grundy or Witts have the experience under their belts to dominate an established key position backman.... Im thinking when the big blockbusters come around against the top two or three teams, we will need nous and experience.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

magpieazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Who is with me?

Im happy to see Witts/ Grundy as first choice rucks but remember Mckernan is actually not a bad forward option, which I think may give us an edge. Neither Grundy or Witts have the experience under their belts to dominate an established key position backman.... Im thinking when the big blockbusters come around against the top two or three teams, we will need nous and experience.
You might be right magpieazza, but I expect both Witts and Grundy to really step up a notch or two next year. I also think Moore will play senior footy and if the rumors are true there's a 211 cm monster called Mason Cox who may just force his way into the team late in the season. If we were to rookie a mature ruckman, purely for insurance, then I would be hoping they never got to play for the seniors.