What's going on with Chapman?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

What's going on with Chapman?

Post by Presti35 »

If he and Goddard had their choice again, I'd bet that they would both go to different clubs.

I'm a bit ignorant to the situation between he and the Bombers, but it sounded like he was considering leaving. I don't know if he is in contract or not. I do not know if he would intend to enter one of the drafts. I do know his age and I do know he had a decent season in 2014.

How would you feel if he walked out on Essendon?

And Would you entertain the idea of drafting him?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

contract negotiations had supposedly stalled because of the amount on offer. the acquisition of cooney has put pressure on their salary cap. it appears the situation is close to resolution so he won't be going anywhere.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... zzqrc.html

Interesting that back in August The Age was reporting that a clause was included in Chapman's contract that to receive a guaranteed contract extension he needed to play 15 games or more this year which he did reach.

However assuming Chapman isn't happy with current contract negotiations he could technically walk if he wanted to. My guess is that he'll stay especially if Bomber Thompson decides to stay and work with the golden boy.
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

No point in us signing him. 33 years old and would just be a wasted spot on the list for a year.

The Bombers are having trouble fitting Chapman in after signing Cooney. So far he's not accepted the offer they've put to him.
Well done boys!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

AN_Inkling wrote:No point in us signing him. 33 years old and would just be a wasted spot on the list for a year.

The Bombers are having trouble fitting Chapman in after signing Cooney. So far he's not accepted the offer they've put to him.
j

It'd be nice to have him on our young list though, triple premiership player and all that.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:No point in us signing him. 33 years old and would just be a wasted spot on the list for a year.

j

It'd be nice to have him on our young list though, triple premiership player and all that.
There are a few that would be handy acquisitions but without the AFL expanding the list size to 50 and adding another $1M to the salary cap it just aint gonna happen.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I don't understand the Bombers topping up like they have been. Do they really think of themselves as a Premiership chance? They're further off than we are.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He should retire.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Wokko wrote:I don't understand the Bombers topping up like they have been. Do they really think of themselves as a Premiership chance? They're further off than we are.
The feeling I get is that they believe that they're close to a Premiership chance knowing the golden boy and the whole club in general.

They will fall in either they've mistimed their run to a flag or some of their players are served with infraction notices. I still can't understand why they would recruit someone like Cooney but let's hope it backfires greatly on them :twisted:
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Jezza wrote:
Wokko wrote:I don't understand the Bombers topping up like they have been. Do they really think of themselves as a Premiership chance? They're further off than we are.
The feeling I get is that they believe that they're close to a Premiership chance knowing the golden boy and the whole club in general.

They will fall in either they've mistimed their run to a flag or some of their players are served with infraction notices. I still can't understand why they would recruit someone like Cooney but let's hope it backfires greatly on them :twisted:
That'd be nice.

Bumbers actually recruited quite well. Giles and Gwilt will be handy additions and they've traded into the 1st round of the draft. Cooney could turn out to be either very handy or a waste of serious salary cap space. They're still likely to be there abouts the 8 next season unless some players get ASADA sanctions. Their biggest problem is they're investing very heavily in ageing warriors and it'll come home to roost eventually. Something like Carlton of the last decade would be nice.
Last edited by jackcass on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
partypie

Post by partypie »

No thanks - anyone watch the last half of the final against North?
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

That'd be nice.

Bumbers actually recruited quite well. Giles and Gwilt will be handy additions and they've traded into the 1st round of the draft. Cooney could turn out to be either very handy or a waste of serious salary cap space. They're still likely to be there abouts the 8 next season unless some players get ASADA sanctions. Their biggest problem is they're investing very heavily in ageing warriors and it'll come home to roost eventually. Something like Carlton of the last decade would be nice.
There's a good reason why St.Kilda let Gwilt go. He can't kick the football. Giles is a very average ruckman. Cooney has a degenerative kneecap. Chapman was once a great footballer who had his one good year of football after leaving Geelong. Now it's all downhill for him. Their one good pickup was Goddard who is starting to age as a footballer now and has the daunting task of having to hold up a very average midfield. The rest of their list is very average apart from Daniher and their performances in 2014 are disguised by the fact that their backs were against the wall because of the ASADA scandal and they were being very well coached by Bomber Thompson.