Draft Pick No.5: Kyle Langford??

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Rick wrote:Not overly keen on Langford, from the highlights it looks like he lacks depth in his kicking. Reminded me of Maxwell.
Well Maxwell became a Premiership Captain :D
I am Da Man
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Dave The Man wrote:
Rick wrote:Not overly keen on Langford, from the highlights it looks like he lacks depth in his kicking. Reminded me of Maxwell.
Very underrated player as well.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Yeah, but you wouldn't spend pick 5 on him based off his skills. I love Maxy, but certain aspects of his game left a lot to be desired.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Stupied wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote: Well Maxwell became a Premiership Captain :D
Yeah, but you wouldn't spend pick 5 on him based off his skills. I love Maxy, but certain aspects of his game left a lot to be desired.
Yeah I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on him either, but we got him with a rookie pick so all's good.

Makes you wonder how many similar players slide off the radar completely though.

IMO smart guys learn fast, and Max is a smart guy.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
cfc2009-10-11-12

Post by cfc2009-10-11-12 »

Langford's decision making is the issue.

Also, we need contested ball winners, we struggled in that area last season so we need to continue to bring in players that can win their own ball.

Hine rarely goes with the player you expect him to take. Endurance, good character with leadership credentials, and lately, players that have played some senior football already. Those are the types he likes.
Daicos, this is when he's at his best, the MAAASSSTTTTTEEERRR!!!
blakis

Post by blakis »

I'm real keen on Pickett. Has played some senior footy and is lightning quick, great vertical leap, excellent user of the ball and can kick it 55-60 when he gets onto it as ge demonstrated in his first WAFL game. The more I watch highlights the more I think how desperate we are for a player with his attributes. He won't have any go home factor either because his parents are going to move with him wherever he ends up
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

A relation of Langford was at the pub on the weekend. Their thoughts were Pies at pick 5 or GC was where he would land.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Being almost a year younger, and several kilos lighter, suggests thaere may be a lot more potential improvement from Langford. He can certainly kick the ball well and his stats show per game he had more marks, tackles and goals than Laverde.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

woftam wrote:Herald Sun have had us taking - De Goey, Ahern, Pickett, Laverde & now Langford at pick 5. The only thing we can gleam from this is they have no friggin clue who we intend to pick but wont admit it.
Be nice if we could get all of them with pick 5, must be some loophole we can exploit.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:Herald Sun have had us taking - De Goey, Ahern, Pickett, Laverde & now Langford at pick 5. The only thing we can gleam from this is they have no friggin clue who we intend to pick but wont admit it.
Be nice if we could get all of them with pick 5, must be some loophole we can exploit.
Balmies coming back, can we claim compensation picks because the Fax machine didn't work?