A great Draft opportunity

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

35forever

A great Draft opportunity

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: A great Draft opportunity

Post by dalyc »

Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

There is alot of potential out there. We were extremely unlucky last year with injuries in respect to Freeman and Scharenberg. Hopefully we will have a better short term outcome this year. Good post thank 35forever
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Its actually the weakest draft in years and we are absolutely no chance of getting Brayshaw at 5 or Langford at 30.
Get anyone other than Laverde, Pickett or Durdin with our first pick and I will be disappointed.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Beast wrote:Its actually the weakest draft in years and we are absolutely no chance of getting Brayshaw at 5 or Langford at 30.
Get anyone other than Laverde, Pickett or Durdin with our first pick and I will be disappointed.
I would argue that it's not so much a weak draft as a whole, but a weak draft at the top end. The whole draft overall is pretty reasonable and quite a bit deeper than normal.

I'm confident we should get a decent kid at 48 and maybe even 85 if we decide to use that pick.
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

While a rare positive post from 35forever is very welcome, it is, as usual, delusional.

If Brayshaw is still available at 5, we may well be "timed out" of our pick, as the paramedics furiously attempt to to revive Dekka.

And there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Langford still being there at 30.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

If you some of you reckon this draft isn't anything special, wait till you starting reading about the next two to follow. Poorest draft pool out of Victoria in a long while. The immediate challenge quite simply, is to pick the fifth best player available in this draft. Just as long as we get it right now cause there are supposedly even less guarantees in the next couple years.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Pies2016 wrote:If you some of you reckon this draft isn't anything special, wait till you starting reading about the next two to follow. Poorest draft pool out of Victoria in a long while. The immediate challenge quite simply, is to pick the fifth best player available in this draft. Just as long as we get it right now cause there are supposedly even less guarantees in the next couple years.
Funny that, I heard that Dekka really rates the class of 2016...
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Beast wrote:Its actually the weakest draft in years and we are absolutely no chance of getting Brayshaw at 5 or Langford at 30.
No love for Wright?
kill for collingwood!
Beast

Post by Beast »

roar wrote:
No love for Wright?
I know he sees himself as a forward but to me he looks and moves like a ruckman in Sam Jacobs mold and I just don't think thats someone we need right now.
Paul Ahern is the one I forgot to mention as someone else I'd be happy with.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Pies2016 wrote:
If you some of you reckon this draft isn't anything special, wait till you starting reading about the next two to follow. Poorest draft pool out of Victoria in a long while. The immediate challenge quite simply, is to pick the fifth best player available in this draft. Just as long as we get it right now cause there are supposedly even less guarantees in the next couple years.

Stupied wrote:
Funny that, I heard that Dekka really rates the class of 2016...

Maybe Dekkas highly rated '' class of 2016 '' is tucked away in states other than Vic. Or is it just coincidence that SA have won the last two U18 national championships.
Might also help to explain why this draft isn't anything special if Vic haven't been as strong in the recent championships.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “