So we've got pick 5 and 30. Who do you want?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

^Are you the new Lazza?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

swoop42 wrote:^Are you the new Lazza?
:oops:
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

swoop42 wrote:^Are you the new Lazza?
C'mon! We all know what Lazza's like!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

The way Hine was talking it almost sounds like we could get anyone and we shouldn't pin our hopes to getting someone like Laverde, Wright or Pickett.

It will be interesting to see how it transpires on Thursday.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-25/the-phantom-draft

I'd rather Laverde to be honest.

Hope we don't take the hyphen at 30.

I'd be underwhelmed with this outcome.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

swoop42 wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-25/the-phantom-draft

Sounds like Buckley's wet dream.

I'm over all the conjecture now tbh, lets get this over with. :lol:
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Laverde looks more classy than De Goey, but De Goey seems a more all round inside/outside player and a fiercer competitor. Long term, I sense that Laverde could become the better player, but De Goey looks like he could have an impact at senior footy almost immediately. Who knows which way we'll go, but I guess that's why Derek (I never smile) Hine is paid the big bucks. :wink:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Wokko wrote:
swoop42 wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-25/the-phantom-draft

Sounds like Buckley's wet dream.

I'm over all the conjecture now tbh, lets get this over with. :lol:
same. whomever we pick we get behind and support. i'll be happy with any of them.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:Laverde looks more classy than De Goey, but De Goey seems a more all round inside/outside player and a fiercer competitor. Long term, I sense that Laverde could become the better player, but De Goey looks like he could have an impact at senior footy almost immediately. Who knows which way we'll go, but I guess that's why Derek (I never smile) Hine is paid the big bucks. :wink:
Agree - De Goey seems the more Likely to make a Impact in his 1st few seasons and still develop into a very good player. Well Rounded Game

Where Laverde has big upside to him. Though no Gurantee he would get there though
I am Da Man
cityslick1

Post by cityslick1 »

Despite his video, De Goey looks more Ben Davies than Nate Fyfe to me... doesnt have the height or athleticism... whilst Laverde has the pace, skills and athletic ability to become more of a Fyfe type - though actually reminds me more of Goddard.

Though there seems to be queries over his stamina & ball accumulation, so I trust Dekka to make the right call. Just hope the one we really want is still there at 5. & is anyone else feeling frustrated that in all of this the guy picked at 15 or 20, be it Ahern, Weller, Lamb, Wright or Steele could easily end up trumping our 5th pick in a few years. I wanted a guaranteed gun as part of the trade for Beams, whilst there seems to be a lot less security at 5, & more evenness between 5 - 20 than in the past.
cityslick1

Post by cityslick1 »

dbl post
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

cityslick1 wrote:...& is anyone else feeling frustrated that in all of this the guy picked at 15 or 20, be it Ahern, Weller, Lamb, Wright or Steele could easily end up trumping our 5th pick in a few years. I wanted a guaranteed gun as part of the trade for Beams, whilst there seems to be a lot less security at 5, & more evenness between 5 - 20 than in the past.
Exaclty my thoughts. We essentially traded Beams for Pick 15. What a jip of a draft year.
Est. 2002
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Raw Hammer wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:...& is anyone else feeling frustrated that in all of this the guy picked at 15 or 20, be it Ahern, Weller, Lamb, Wright or Steele could easily end up trumping our 5th pick in a few years. I wanted a guaranteed gun as part of the trade for Beams, whilst there seems to be a lot less security at 5, & more evenness between 5 - 20 than in the past.
Exaclty my thoughts. We essentially traded Beams for Pick 15. What a jip of a draft year.
The draft always has a level of uncertainty attached to it. Will be years before we actually know what the order should have been. Having pick 5 means we at least get the first crack at those 5-20 options so we make our own destiny.

By the same token, I think you're underselling the value of Greenwood and Crisp in the Beams deal. Hopefully they'll add some immediate return while we wait for pick 5 to develop. Let's see how it plays out over the next season or 2 before we get too down on the trade.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Happy draft day to you all!

Let us hope we don't receive any midgets as presents.

Rather socks and jocks.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
The draft always has a level of uncertainty attached to it. Will be years before we actually know what the order should have been. Having pick 5 means we at least get the first crack at those 5-20 options so we make our own destiny.

By the same token, I think you're underselling the value of Greenwood and Crisp in the Beams deal. Hopefully they'll add some immediate return while we wait for pick 5 to develop. Let's see how it plays out over the next season or 2 before we get too down on the trade.
If we end up with DeGoey, Greenwood and Crisp for Beams, it's a good deal to me. It doesn't matter what point in the draft we pick up DeGoey, whether it's pick 5 or pick 30. Only matters to me that we have a long term replacement for Beams.