What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Yes, and the point of those thoughts on pets is that you do miss them, Wokko. Great pets, bunnies.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:Rabbits: Very underrated as a domestic pet, despite being a pest in the wild. That said, friendly poo-poo doesn't always mean friendly wee-wee!

I had all sorts as a kid, much like WPT. At a guess it matures you in a good way in the death department over time, though I haven't looked into that scientifically.

I've had some beauty pets over the years (an eclectus parrot, bird-eating spider, giant brown-and-white rat, and a ripping blue-tongued lizard come to mind); just waiting for my next flat contract to get bearded or water dragons again. The house needs an Aussie desert display, methinks, so beardeds are on the cards :D
pietillidie wrote:Yes, and the point of those thoughts on pets is that you do miss them, Wokko. Great pets, bunnies.
your just not getting this whole condolences thing are you?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Do you still have all sorts as a kid much like WPT ?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

TP, are you the sort of person who goes to funerals and kicks people out for not crying enough? :P
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange

Post by 5150 »

I bought a Jeep...

And nobody gave a fu@k...

Post by 3.14159 »

5150 wrote: I bought a Jeep...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

5150 wrote:I bought a Jeep...

And nobody gave a fu@k...
It could have been worse.

They could have laughed. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote:TP, are you the sort of person who goes to funerals and kicks people out for not crying enough? :P
No but at the one I went to on Friday I did say to the ex husband of the woman who's mum had died "you bought a jeep?!" And yes he had! And yes he is! Sick of hearing it!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I have literally no idea what you guys are talking about.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange

Post by 3.14159 »

My pool table broke a leg on the week-end.
I thought about fixing her but looking at it decided I needed some (a lot) more shelf space.
It took 3 of us to get in and I really need the extra space.
I couldn't move it by myself so I got my friends Sach Dolmar & Stihl 048 to lend a hand.

Rest in Peace mon amigo!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Aw dude no, not the pool table. :cry:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

I may drive a cute little VW but my heart will always be in a Holden!

Cheers. RIP Aldo Schiano, thanks for the memories. Xxxx
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

Very sad TP.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman

Post by 3.14159 »

yes well,.. I'm trying to downsize and it really boiled down to choice between more space to store my chainsaws, grinders axes etc... and the table.
The table lost...

On the surprising side, I'd just finished the last cut and was carting the first piece out the back door when the missus rocked up home.
1/2 the house reeked of 2 stroke exhaust gases and the room looked like a sawdust and green velour tornado had blown through it.
My ears were ringing so I couldn't hear what she was saying/shouting.
I was expecting a bollocking but after I vacumed and explained she didn't seem quite so upset.
We ended up sitting in the garden sipping brandy & enjoying a warm bonfire so I guess I'm forgiven.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

That's very sad to hear TP.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆