Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

started on the 10th of October ends on the 17th.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
clokeysrevenge

Post by clokeysrevenge »

actually it starts on the 13th (tomorrow - monday) and finishes on the 17th (this friday)

And... nick stevens will be a pie. I assure you.
Newelly

Post by Newelly »

The AFL website says trade week is 10th to 17th but unfortunately their website is consistently inaccurate. Sunday Tabloid here in Perth said it starts tommorrow so I think David is correct.
ButCH_75

Post by ButCH_75 »

With us picking up the 2 Shaw boys for picks 2 and 3 when do we try to pick up Travis Cloke this year or next.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Next, as answered in the other thread.
erniedog

Post by erniedog »

How about this for some options -
1. Scotland and Obree to Carlton for priority pick, ontraded plus our first draft for Stevens
(we still get the Shaws). Probably breakeven on salaries.

2. Lonie, Davis and Davidson to Hawthorn for Rawlings. As a Sweetener, we give North Walker (replaces Saverio) for Rawlings brother. Cam Cloke is similar to Walker and so is A.Rocca (but much better). Probably breakeven on salary cap.

Rawlings would make Kinnera redundant - a straight swap for Gilbee.

Williams or McGough or Betharas for McKernan

Solomon unnecessary as similar to J.Cloke but not as good and if we get Rawlings wouldn't fit on the forward line
Beware the embrace of the collingwood python
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

erniedog wrote:How about this for some options -
1. Scotland and Obree to Carlton for priority pick, ontraded plus our first draft for Stevens
(we still get the Shaws). Probably breakeven on salaries.
Like it although prefer McGough to go instead of O'Bree.
erniedog wrote:2. Lonie, Davis and Davidson to Hawthorn for Rawlings.
Rawlings is not worth those three players. In fact Rawlings is the most over-rated player in the draft pool.
erniedog wrote:Rawlings would make Kinnera redundant - a straight swap for Gilbee.
An interesting thought. I don't think Kinnear is being thought of as trade material but I like that swap.
erniedog wrote:Williams or McGough or Betharas for McKernan
No way Jose. McKernan is a hack who is well past his prime. We don't need him. Let the Kangaroos have him.
erniedog wrote:Solomon unnecessary as similar to J.Cloke but not as good and if we get Rawlings wouldn't fit on the forward line
I would love to see Solomon in the team. He would bring some necessary "mongrel" into the side. Overall though can't see Collingwood getting too many draft players into the side due to salary cap restrictions.
erniedog

Post by erniedog »

If we don't want McKernan but get him for Williams or McGough or Betharas, we could on trade him to North perhaps for a draft pick to be used for McDonald from Brisbane.

As for Rawlings, if those 3 players are too much then perhaps Rawlings and Lekas for Davis, Davidson and Lonie.

As for Solomon, if he is really wanted, then Richard Cole looks the swap there. Essendon always wanted him.

In terms of salary cap, with Richardson, Freeborn and Molloy gone/going that should free a bit there.
Beware the embrace of the collingwood python
Newelly

Post by Newelly »

McDonald was signed on again wasn't he?
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

It may be a bit off topic but I want to stand up for Stinky. This kid is still coming to grips with being in the real world. He's obviously still pretty wet behind the ears as far as life experiences go. We've seen what he can do. Nobody wanted to trade him after he single handedly took Geelong to the cleaners. One game is nothing I know but if we stick with him and he develops further over the next 3 years he will be the next brett ratten.

Expectation is a dangerous thing. We expected McGough to star all year after his promising start last year. I'm confident he's one who will come on in a couple of years. Let's put it this way, I think he's shown a lot more in his 2 years than Rhyce Shaw or Ben Kinnear did in their first 2 years.
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Stinky McGough

Post by piedys »

Blanch wrote:I want to stand up for Stinky. Expectation is a dangerous thing. We expected McGough to star all year after his promising start last year. I'm confident he's one who will come on in a couple of years.
Blanch, I agree. Everybody off his case please. Unlike some of our stars, he hasn't been given his chance in a GF yet. Keep the possum.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

erniedog wrote: 2. Lonie, Davis and Davidson to Hawthorn for Rawlings. As a Sweetener, we give North Walker (replaces Saverio) for Rawlings brother. Cam Cloke is similar to Walker and so is A.Rocca (but much better). Probably breakeven on salary cap.
no way we trade lonie. his a future star very similar clement. they are both of a similar build and size, both have accurate, penetrating kicks and both take the kickouts. clement will be 28 next year and when he decides to retire we want a ready made player to replace him. n e way rawlings is around 26/27 and thats too old IMO to trade young players for. we don't want to end up in a position like carlton where they find that they have traded all their young players/draft picks for older established players and then when the older guys retire or cant' play n e more, they're stuffed. i think we should stay with youth and only trade for players under 25