Welcome to new Nicksters. Lurkers / guests, sign up!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

dalyc wrote:At draft time we should start a "who would you pick" using the same pucks that Hine and co have to work with. Down the track we can see who would have done better than the recruitment team.
Not a bad idea, there's a few forums that use this as calling it draft game, there's a few different versions of it. As well as all those phantom drafts that show up. Always good to see the threads pop up over at Bigfooty and a few other places.
Other than local footy it's usually the only time I pay much attention to Bigfooty.
Last edited by The Prototype on Sun May 01, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Hi Rickshaw, nice to have you on board.
Welcome to the land of manic hopes, dreams, disappointments, laughs and ultimately, Pie domination of the world!!!!!
John West

Post by John West »

Hi all. Long time lurker here who joined up the other day and made his first post earlier this morning. Thanks must go to RudeBoy who gave me inspiration for my nickname when referring to the John Wren as John West.

For what it's worth, I am a Buckley supporter and I believe he will be a very successful coach.
Power Without Glory
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

John West wrote:Hi all. Long time lurker here who joined up the other day and made his first post earlier this morning. Thanks must go to RudeBoy who gave me inspiration for my nickname when referring to the John Wren as John West.

For what it's worth, I am a Buckley supporter and I believe he will be a very successful coach.
Welcome and I am sure many of us will work on changing your view on Buckley. :P
Woods

Post by Woods »

Culprit wrote:^
Yes, but its the opinions that John West rejects that makes John West the best.
John West

Post by John West »

Culprit wrote:
John West wrote:Hi all. Long time lurker here who joined up the other day and made his first post earlier this morning. Thanks must go to RudeBoy who gave me inspiration for my nickname when referring to the John Wren as John West.

Thank you Culprit. You can try to change my view but I don't think you will succeed. Good luck.
Power Without Glory
John West

Post by John West »

Woods wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Good one. That made me laugh. Thank you. I might borrow it.
Power Without Glory
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

John West wrote:
Woods wrote:
Culprit wrote:Welcome and I am sure many of us will work on changing your view on Buckley. :P
Good one. That made me laugh. Thank you. I might borrow it.
Yes, that was great line.
The Sad Saacks salute you.
PS the deliberate spelling mistake is there for a reason.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

A big welcome to both Rickshaw and John West. It feels like we've had more people join in the last two weeks than they have in the last five years.

You're a recruiting genius thompsoc! :shock:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Uphold_the_Magpies'_name!

Re: Join up guests!

Post by Uphold_the_Magpies'_name! »

thompsoc wrote:122 guests on general discussion and 6 registered posters as at 11.40pm on tonite.
Come on guests join up and start giving your opinions.
Thought I'd go again - been reading for probably 15 years due to living out of Vic. In the past this site was all the pies info I could get. Mind you it has changed so much. I have to say part of my motivation of rejoining is to block some of the "fans" who seem to despise rather than support our players and support staff.

Anyway I love Collingwood and I look forward to again being a member.
Good old Collingwood forever!
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Very encouraging to see new posters join up.
Welcome to you all.
Go pies
woodsmen rule
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Jezza wrote:A big welcome to both Rickshaw and John West. It feels like we've had more people join in the last two weeks than they have in the last five years.

hopefully they can sort the wheat from the chaff. there's a lot of muck to wade through at the minute.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

[quoteJezza]A big welcome to Rickshaw and John West feels like we've had more people join in the last two weeks than they have in the last five years? What else feels like that?
The real banksy

Post by The real banksy »

Finally signed up after being a long time reader. Smash those mongrels today and I will be happy all weekend.
Go hard, live strong, enjoy a beer.
John West

Post by John West »

John Wren wrote:
Jezza wrote:A big welcome to both Rickshaw and John West. It feels like we've had more people join in the last two weeks than they have in the last five years.

hopefully they can sort the wheat from the chaff. there's a lot of muck to wade through at the minute.
Does Mercury in Retrograde having anything to do with it? I liked John Wren as a nickname but settled for this fictional name. Who will be the real JW?
Power Without Glory