Vale #1,#19,#20,#21,#24,#2 Captain Lou Richards (1923-2017)

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^^ "always cruel to the woman who worked at Bunnings in
Nunawading...." ?? What, did he drive out there specially, for that entertainment ? Was he also nasty to the hamburger seller on
Whitehorse Rd on his way home ? Seems a very odd claim.
Two more flags before I die!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Presti35 wrote:Some old work "friends" are getting stuck into me on facebook after I posted a little tribute.

I said: "A man who helped change the game. An icon of Australian sports and media. RIP Lou." With a picture.

First reply was: "He was always very cruel to the woman who worked at Bunnings Nunawading. He would say they "know nothing" and "don't belong in a hardware store". I know he was a "product of his time", but you know what, he was an asshole".

Second one was: "bullshit he did not change any game he was rover in a football side".
Sheesh, I'm a female mechanic, was the first at GMH, I've heard that so many times I'd have to say all men and a lot of women are arseholes! The arseholes are the bogans slagging him off after death when he can't defend himself. I'd delete the comments. Facebook can be such a horrible thing!

I loved his clean wit, and his devotion to his wife. Something no where near as common today. Goodonya Lou, a legend! Xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Can't you be more polite.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Met Lou a couple of times. Was always friendly and loved to chat about footy - especially the Pies. R.I.P
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Mugwump wrote:^^ "always cruel to the woman who worked at Bunnings in
Nunawading...." ?? What, did he drive out there specially, for that entertainment ? Was he also nasty to the hamburger seller on
Why would he drive all there tio go to Bunnings and Lou had enough coin that I doubt at age 94 he was up on a ladder painting. I dount he even knew where Nunawading was. Or Bunnings. He might have gone to Bunnings in Collingwood or Hawthorn.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Sorry to put a downer in the tribute thread.

The two posters have had some nice "feedback" and well... the silence from them is deafening.

Even my friends who support other clubs are standing up for Lou.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Backs up what we've all been saying Presti
He built people up and brought us together
As a player and afterwards
woodsmen rule
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Mugwump wrote:^^ "always cruel to the woman who worked at Bunnings in

Well Allegedly the hamburger seller, didn't know the difference between a cheese burger from a squid in a bun so no wonder he was rude to him.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

It would be nice if the team could win this week, for Lou and his family.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Piesnchess wrote:For those of you who want to re live the fun and chaos of good ol League Teams, there is an excellent DVD, called Great grandfinals of the 1960s. It has Lou, Jack and Bobby in full flight, and is full of jokes, snide remarks, inane humour, fun, and Lou mouthing off to jack. It has old footage of every GF of the 1960s, mostly last qtrs., some very rare footage. It shows, sadly, our three losses, in 60 64 and 66. Jack and bob see wins by their old teams, and at one point Lou moans, jeezus, don't we get to see the Pies win one ! I got my copy from that Fishpond.com, its great viewing, great happy memories, kinda like the best of League teams. Highly recommended.
It's been uploaded on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20K9FMdorCE
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Krakouer Magic

Post by Krakouer Magic »

Anyone watch the 7 tribute after the footy tonight? Really enjoyed it.

I encourage everyone to watch the spirit of Collingwood documentary hosted by Lou once more before tomorrow's game. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3T5Wy1pqV0

Just such a unique person. He was Collingwood but also all of football at the same time. He was passionately melbournian, but was beloved by all Australians. Northern states only knew him thru wide world of sports with Tangles but they loved him. Such a fun loving cheeky bloke. Loved the club but never shied from poking fun at the club either.

Lou and Ron are back together again no doubt... rest in peace
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Krakouer Magic wrote:Anyone watch the 7 tribute after the footy tonight? Really enjoyed it.
BT Sports cut it off. :evil:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Krakouer Magic

Post by Krakouer Magic »

Presti35 wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:Anyone watch the 7 tribute after the footy tonight? Really enjoyed it.
BT Sports cut it off. :evil:
Hopefully it's on 7plus website. I streamed it in Sydney on the 7 website
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

I encourage everyone to watch the spirit of Collingwood documentary hosted by Lou once more before tomorrow's game. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3T5Wy1pqV0

Just such a unique person. He was Collingwood but also all of football at the same time. He was passionately melbournian, but was beloved by all Australians. Northern states only knew him thru wide world of sports with Tangles but they loved him. Such a fun loving cheeky bloke. Loved the club but never shied from poking fun at the club either.

Lou and Ron are back together again no doubt... rest in peace
It was excellent. Really worth watching.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!