#13 Sam Murray

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Geek

Post by Geek »

think positive wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:This thread should be used to welcome and discuss the merits of our newest Pie, not the wheeling and dealing that got him here.

Whatever you think of how he got here, he is here now and should be welcomed into the nest.

(Off topic posts haven't been deleted. They were moved to Trade thread, which took a little bit of work just btw.)

WPW for the mods team
Greatly appreciated by some of us,

Good luck Sam, you got this!
Agreed

And welcome to the club, Sam :) It will be nice to see some dash out of our backline again
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:This thread should be used to welcome and discuss the merits of our newest Pie, not the wheeling and dealing that got him here.

Whatever you think of how he got here, he is here now and should be welcomed into the nest.

(Off topic posts haven't been deleted. They were moved to Trade thread, which took a little bit of work just btw.)

WPW for the mods team
Fair point. He has a beautiful long left kick like so many other left footers. He breaks lines. The downside is he has no right foot. It will be interesting watching him over summer working on the right side of his body. We need a small defender who breaks lines. Sinclair was that player but we couldn't get him on the park and Ramsay is taking time recovering from his ACL in 2016. If Murray becomes that small defender that we currently lack, then it fixes up our defence and modern AFL footy is all about defensive football that has decided the last two premierships.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:

WPW for the mods team
Greatly appreciated by some of us,

Good luck Sam, you got this!
+1. Thanks Mods for the hard work.

We hope you have a long and productive career with the Pies Sam Murray.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Look, at the end of the day, I wish this kid well, who knows, it might just work. But, by God, we had BETTER get something really, really fantastic with our gold pick 6, no more roll the dice , hope it works, stuff. The heat is on !
Check out the academy thread. Tantalizing.
Hmmm.... any Joe Daniher types there at all ??? Look, I bang on a bit about this, but I truly believe we need a young Joe type, up forward, to help out Moore, Cox is ok, for now, but down the track a big and mobile forward top mark, is the ticket. Yes, I know we hope to get Lynch next year, but that's up in the air stuff, we need certainty now. ! :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

The highlights show his evasiveness and speed - brilliant bouncer of the ball too.

I would like to know about his one-to-one work and marking / interception ability.

Anyone have more video?
I think therefore I think - I think
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Love your work Sammy. Welcome aboard!
Buon Giorno
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Piesnchess wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Look, at the end of the day, I wish this kid well, who knows, it might just work. But, by God, we had BETTER get something really, really fantastic with our gold pick 6, no more roll the dice , hope it works, stuff. The heat is on !
Check out the academy thread. Tantalizing.
Hmmm.... any Joe Daniher types there at all ??? Look, I bang on a bit about this, but I truly believe we need a young Joe type, up forward, to help out Moore, Cox is ok, for now, but down the track a big and mobile forward top mark, is the ticket. Yes, I know we hope to get Lynch next year, but that's up in the air stuff, we need certainty now. ! :idea:
Moore is the Joe type. Potentially. If he gets stronger he'll be just as good. So far his stats are about on par with Joe at the same stage. Daniher improved markedly in his fourth year, let's hope the same for Darcy.

If he doesn't put on the same amount of muscle, he will be a different player, but not necessarily less effective.
Well done boys!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

think better wrote:The highlights show his evasiveness and speed - brilliant bouncer of the ball too.

I would like to know about his one-to-one work and marking / interception ability.

Anyone have more video?
Full Games Here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NorthEastAFL
I am Da Man
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

A very handy addition to the list. With Sinclair's body not holding up (likely to retire) and Ramsay not looking up to the level, we have a desperate need for pacy defenders.
Well done boys!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I like Hines confidence when he talks about this kid. I can't help but think he is looking forward to telling a few people " I told you so "
Talk is cheap but Hine seemed very comfortable talking him up.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
john b

Post by john b »

I have a good feeling about this one. Welcome to the pies.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I like the look of 'Muddy Waters'. He's got good hands, is super quick and is a good long kick. Seems to have a bit of swagger about him too.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

RudeBoy wrote:I like the look of 'Muddy Waters'. He's got good hands, is super quick and is a good long kick. Seems to have a bit of swagger about him too.
also Allegedly beat Seedsman in an arm wrestling comp in a Norwood Speak Easy two weeks ago.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:I like the look of 'Muddy Waters'. He's got good hands, is super quick and is a good long kick. Seems to have a bit of swagger about him too.
Muddy Waters? You dissing the Murray River?

I'll just call him COD, which also works if he's got performance incentives in his contract. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.