#13 Sam Murray

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I like the look of 'Muddy Waters'. He's got good hands, is super quick and is a good long kick. Seems to have a bit of swagger about him too.
Muddy Waters? You dissing the Murray River?

I'll just call him COD, which also works if he's got performance incentives in his contract. :wink:
If he's frequently BOG, all complaints will cease.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Looks like a good prospect to represent us in the GF sprint. It's been ages since we've been competitive in that forum. :-)
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Why didn't Sydney think he was any good?
Always a. Bit suspicious... Generally you get one or 2 years out of him then he fades away into the reserves like at Sydney
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

woodys_world69 wrote:Why didn't Sydney think he was any good?
Always a. Bit suspicious... Generally you get one or 2 years out of him then he fades away into the reserves like at Sydney
He's behind an AA and another 2 players for his position, kinda hard to break through in that case.
Also with COLA Sydney are able to stockpile youngsters.
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

^^^ hasn't COLA been abolished or phased out?
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^. Boogie Knights

Pretty sure you're right and we can thank Eddie for leading the charge on that one.

I reckon the other thing that went against Murray getting a chance in the seniors was that they elevated Melican ( another defender ) from the rookie list and he was excellent for them. If they couldn't come up with a second long term injury early in the season, they couldn't have elevated Murray anyway ( happy to be corrected if someone knows better )
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Be careful what you wish for. There may be a change of mind: he gets 11 and 11 gets promoted to 9.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Welcome to the club, Sam.

I raised my eyebrows when I read when we gave up a future second-round draft selection for him, but I hope the list management and recruiters' confidence in him pays dividends.

Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the club. His pace seems to be his distinctive attribute more than anything else.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

Jezza wrote:Welcome to the club, Sam.

I raised my eyebrows when I read when we gave up a future second-round draft selection for him, but I hope the list management and recruiters' confidence in him pays dividends.

Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the club. His pace seems to be his distinctive attribute more than anything else.
Seems to be able to break/evade tackles, line breaker and not a blind up and under punt merchant.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

droversdog65 wrote:...a blind up and under punt merchant.
I might get that on a tshirt
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Just had to bump this thread and a lot of posters should be very pleased that the mods filtered out all the negative comments on this kid.

He showed today he is exactly what we need back there. He will always be a little scrubby by foot but he takes the game on and makes things happen.
Still yet to play an AFL game but he is going to be a very welcome addition back there for years to come ( not to mention a great supercoach cash cow )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Jamesy

Post by Jamesy »

Was a ripper today, Pies2016. Showed pace, run-and-carry, and a great left boot. A cashy in supercoach no doubt. Has to play round 1. The best thing is, he has a long penetrating kick on him. I'll have to disagree with the "little scrubby" comment (from what I saw), He was very good by foot.

Go the Pies!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Hopefully Murray and/or another can become a revelation across half back as unearthing a creative and attacking player in this position is a pressing need and has been for sometime now.

The reality is in the modern game of AFL an offensive half back flanker is really our games equivalent of a quarterback so finding a quality one or two just makes other areas of the ground function so much better as they can open up the field with an attacking run, a spearing kick or make smart decisions to get the football where it needs to be.

It was only one game and a JLT game at that but his mix of 24 disposals, 9 marks, 7 r50 and 5 i50 was a balanced display and hopefully we can see more of it as the regular season progresses.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

I'd like to know what Buckley doesn't see in Murray's game, that he didn't play Murray in JLT1 (and plays Smith in both games??). He looks ok to me.