Should we eradicate cats in Australia?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Should cats be eradicated from Australia?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 23

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Oh... see my previous comment (last post on p.8 ) for what I was thinking about.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I never edited my original post and stand by it.

This thread is proof enough that those who lean to the left are more likely to have a special place in there hearts for cats and those who lean right prefer dogs.

If you like both then I guess you're likely to be the in the moderate centre.

I guess it all comes down to your ability for tolerance of those who are harder to love or don't reflect the person you see in the mirror.

And what side of politics do we think does a better job of embracing the differences we all have?

Cats are harder to love and much easier to hate than dogs because they display more personality traits and are a better reflection of the complexity of the human psyche due to it.

But alas millions of Australians love them because of this very reason and don't desire a pet that provides them with unquestionable loyalty.

As for Mugwump he is the one who delivered the initial rather insulting claim that if you're a cat owner you must be only doing so in sufferance of not being in a position to own a dog.

As I then rightly pointed out this says more about him because the actual reality is that millions of Australians love the company that a cat provides and would never exchange them for a dog.

He has since acted like a petulant child trying to portray himself as the victim continually offering snide remarks about me when in reality he was simply called out on his rather narrow minded belief on millions of Australians.

Anyway I've now had my right of reply and will move on.

I suggest he do the same
Last edited by swoop42 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

That is quite a lot.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Since the OP has been questioned, I'd like to clarify a point for those who commented without reading it.

Eradicating cats means putting down all non de-sexed cats to ensure there is no breeding population left in the country from which feral cats can come.

I did propose that cat lovers could still buy a neutered cat from overseas breeders, if that's what they need. If all cats had to be imported neutered, and lets add microchipped to the owner, irresponsible owners would have their licence to import a cat revoked if it was found roaming, but because it couldn't breed the risk of ferals goes away.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

The premise of left v right and cat v dog is just utter bullshit. Some may call it typical leftist deflection, but that's too obvious.

You don't have to hate cats (and I don't) to have enough brains to recognise that as an introduced predator they are causing carnage to the native fauna and more needs to be done to control this pest that does more damage than rabbits, foxes and cane toads combined.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Some people here are carrying on like cats and dogs.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »