#41,#8 Tom Langdon

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Achilles

Post by Achilles »

What was the point of him travelling to Sydney for a medical and what-not? Honestly!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

David wrote:https://youtu.be/pRhjWdr-LAA
Thinking about this, the "Future Captain" tag seems to have made him a bit of a target. I was thinking of adopting "King of kings", going forward.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Great news.I had a feeling he would stay because he took so long to commit himself to another club.This current team we have is one of the tightest knit teams I've seen at Collingwood.The players clearly love eachother and work for one another.So to have one of them walk out of the club like that would have affected the chemistry of the side and undermined the closeness they have built up over the past 12 months.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Sidebottom wins the Copeland alongside Grundy and they both make the AA side for the first time.

Langdon resists the temptation of the Sydney offer and remains loyal to Collingwood.

Beams is likely to be a Pie again and possibly as early as tomorrow.

It would appear the Football Gods are enjoying the ongoing cat fight between P4S and QLD and couldn't have scripted this off season any better to date.

LOL.

P.S- Well done Tom. I thought that reported offer was to good to refuse.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oops. Too much data.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Awesome news. I think this is a genius way to get a 2nd medical opinion without having to fork out for another doc. Suck shit Sydney! :D
And the second favour Pink Ducks have done us this year, with their arsey fluke goal winning them the game at SCG, and ultimately effecting the juxtaposition of the final eight, enabling us to have that free hit at Bitchmond. :P
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

^ How would that give us any useful info?
TL: "Sorry, guys, I'm not coming after all... Err... do you mind faxing my medical report to the Pies?"
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Other than media reports can any confirm anything from the Club or Langdon that he has actually agreed to stay ?
I don't trust his manager at all and want it confirmed before I congratulate him on taking less money to stay with the pies
I get his on holidays but I'm sure his manager and the club could make some form of statement about exactly what's happening
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

It's a bit weird. Is he in Africa right now? I wouldn't congratulate him on taking less money to stay with the Pies, he actually got more money (but a bit less than Sydney). It might bite us on the ass in 2 years when we have several All Australians up for free agency...
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ On the other hand, when he's one of them, we won't have to dip quite so deeply into our pockets to come up with the next deal.

It is said that he knocked back a 5-year deal on more money for a two-year deal. If that's right, it's either a great credit to him or he is extremely stupid, or both.
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Surpising to see champion data's tweet:

Tom Langdon lost 45% of his 1v1 contests, the 2nd worst in the competition of the top 100 to defend a contest
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ On the other hand, when he's one of them, we won't have to dip quite so deeply into our pockets to come up with the next deal.

It is said that he knocked back a 5-year deal on more money for a two-year deal. If that's right, it's either a great credit to him or he is extremely stupid, or both.
P4S I was involved in the Brisbane Bronco's organization for many years as a bean counter
We often had players stay for "unders" or "less than market value" for a variety of reasons
Often players who have tasted any sort of success at a club are prepared to take less to stay especially if there comfortable in the club and often becuase of the playing group around them
I wouldn't call any player stupid for knocking back larger deals but I would sincerely hope the club has been fair in it's dealings with any player
I have doubts that Sydney's offer was as high as stated in the media nor ours so much lower
I think the real differnce would have been much closer
No player is going to forego over $1 million over 5 years when there media reported earnings by staying is only $700k it doesn't make any sense
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

His re-signing means three things:
1. Pies is close to win a flag.
2. Pies is very close to win a flag.
3. Pies is very very close to win a flag.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

I am not sure how much closer to winning a flag we were a fortnight ago!
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

I am not sure how much closer to winning a flag we were a fortnight ago!