Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Post by watt price tully »

<Split from "The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Government" thread. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

So the Happy Clappy turd, Scotty from Marketing has to consult his wife to find that rape by Liberals in Liberal Party rooms is wrong.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

The little turd Scotty from Marketing declares he has daughters

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/headlines ... ent-house/
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

WTF are you jibbering about?

I read about this yesterday and saw some of the interview with her on The Project. Seems very credible, I hope the bloke who did this gets what's coming to him but how you can draw those links to Morrison...........get therapy.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ The third link in wpt's first of two posts includes this:
The Prime Minister initially addressed the issue in Parliament yesterday, when he described it as "very distressing".

He revealed this morning he spoke to his wife Jenny last night, prompting his further response.

"She said to me, 'You have to think about this as a father first. What would you want to happen if it were our girls?'

"Jenny has a way of clarifying things."
The link in the second post is a satirical piece that covers the PM in manure more or less for saying that.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I think "satirical" might be a bit of a generous description, tbh.
Last edited by David on Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:WTF are you jibbering about?

I read about this yesterday and saw some of the interview with her on The Project. Seems very credible, I hope the bloke who did this gets what's coming to him but how you can draw those links to Morrison...........get therapy.
The little turd, the happy clappy Scotty from Marketing consults his wife and guess what: he’s got daughters. This was the impetus to do something about it. Not doing what was right straight away. You don’t have to be a father or a husband to know this is wrong and do something about it. He’s a scumbag of the highest order.

When 4 corners showed how sexual abuse was rampant and known about in the Liberal Party last year this was seen as nothing to see here, screeches of bias, FFS.

(This is not say it is confined to the Liberal / National Party’s but it is more prevalent there because they have less women and have a toxic culture where this is seen as OK. See the other scumbag The (un) Christian Porter with his boasting of sexual conquests. Great culture in our Government).
David

Post by David »

WPT, is there any evidence that Morrison covered this up or delayed his response to it? My impression is that he reacted fairly promptly. Whether he wants to bring up a family anecdote seems like pretty small fry compared to the seriousness of the situation.
The Prime Minister initially addressed the issue in Parliament yesterday, when he described it as "very distressing".

He revealed this morning he spoke to his wife Jenny last night, prompting his further response.

"She said to me, 'You have to think about this as a father first. What would you want to happen if it were our girls?'

Last edited by David on Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

David wrote:I think "satirical" might be a bit of a generous description, tbh.
David

Post by David »

Their headlines are sometimes funny, I'll give them that. The actual content of the "articles" is awful, even by the low standards of the "news satire" genre.
watt price tully

David wrote:WPT, is there any evidence that Morrison covered this up or delayed his response to it? My impression is that he reacted fairly promptly. Whether he wants to bring up a family anecdote seems like pretty small fry compared to the seriousness of the situation.

Look I’ll wrap myself in the Australian Flag before I respond to that
watt price tully

David wrote:Their headlines are sometimes funny, I'll give them that. The actual content of the "articles" is awful, even by the low standards of the "news satire" genre.
Mostly yes but there are some gems in the rough.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

David wrote:WPT, is there any evidence that Morrison covered this up or delayed his response to it? My impression is that he reacted fairly promptly. Whether he wants to bring up a family anecdote seems like pretty small fry compared to the seriousness of the situation.

The person was sacked immediately but that’s doing nothing according to the haters

Was Bill Shorten sacked immediately when he was accused of rape?
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:WTF are you jibbering about?

The little turd, the happy clappy Scotty from Marketing consults his wife and guess what: he’s got daughters. This was the impetus to do something about it. Not doing what was right straight away. You don’t have to be a father or a husband to know this is wrong and do something about it. He’s a scumbag of the highest order.
And you don't need to be literate to know that he spoke about this yesterday in Parliament when it was the first time he'd heard of it, and said it was wrong then. :roll:

Go back to telling us why Dan Andrews should be knighted.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

eddiesmith wrote:

The person was sacked immediately but that’s doing nothing according to the haters

Was Bill Shorten sacked immediately when he was accused of rape?
I am reluctant to post on VPT because I find you end up in time wasting discussions where neither side convinces the other but you should at least get your facts right eddiesmith. The alleged rapist was not sacked because of any sexual misconduct. He was was sacked because he broke security by going into the Minister's office, after hours, without showing his security pass. At the time that he was sacked Higgins had not told anyone about her alleged rape.
Born and raised in Black and White
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Dr Pie wrote:I am reluctant to post on VPT because I find you end up in time wasting discussions where neither side convinces the other but you should at least get your facts right eddiesmith. The alleged rapist was not sacked because of any sexual misconduct. He was was sacked because he broke security by going into the Minister's office, after hours, without showing his security pass. At the time that he was sacked Higgins had not told anyone about her alleged rape.
I’m glad you set the record straight Dr Pie.People here have a tendency to go off half cocked without providing any facts to back up their arguments.