Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

That's actually pretty funny. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

The Guardian as a legitimate news source is slightly above The Beetrooter advocat and below the national enquirer.

I've read nothing on real news sources to justify WPTs self masturbatory posts.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

The story in the Guardian claims that Peter Van Onselen,a conservative commentator,made the claim that Morrison’s office was back grounding against the alleged rape victim’s partner,the Guardian didn’t actually make those claims itself.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

PVO hates the Morrison government
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

doriswilgus wrote:The story in the Guardian claims that Peter Van Onselen,a conservative commentator,made the claim that Morrison’s office was back grounding against the alleged rape victim’s partner,the Guardian didn’t actually make those claims itself.
I don't click on Guardian links, i figure if it's real news I'll find it on a real news site. Feel free to post a link.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

stui magpie wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:The story in the Guardian claims that Peter Van Onselen,a conservative commentator,made the claim that Morrison’s office was back grounding against the alleged rape victim’s partner,the Guardian didn’t actually make those claims itself.
I don't click on Guardian links, i figure if it's real news I'll find it on a real news site. Feel free to post a link.
What do you consider a real news site?The Herald Sun?The Australian?The Daily Telegraph?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:The Guardian as a legitimate news source is slightly above The Beetrooter advocat and below the national enquirer.

I've read nothing on real news sources to justify WPTs self masturbatory posts.
Yawn. Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Putting fingers in your ears and yelling out is not a way do deal with reality.

Your mate the little turd happy clappy Scotty from Marketing is up to his neck in this.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Indeed.

For the rest of the population it’s under the heading called ‘the bleedin’ obvious’.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

David wrote:That's actually pretty funny. :lol:
It’s pretty good given they coined the term “Scotty from Marketing”
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I'm going to be interested to see how this rape thing plays out. Lots of hysteria from the usuals but little of substance.

I'm struggling with some of her behaviour. Why bring this up now? And publicly?

What does she mean when she says she didn't feel supported? WTF did she want? They took no action against her for the security breach of being in the house at evening when the alleged rapist was effectively sacked for the same thing. She was moved to a different department and would have been offered all the usual support mechanisms, what did she want?

It's up to her to make a complaint to the police, it's up to her to seek medical attention if she's feeling psychological impacts.

I don't understand why anyone cares whether Morrison's office knew about this a while back or not, just seems like the usual crap you'd expect from The Guardian and it's readers, Dan Andrews = can do no wrong, Scott Morrison = evil can do no right. :roll:

At some point I assume all will become clear when we see what it takes to appease her.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

My guess is that it will play out by fizzling out.

The alleged rapist will most likely not be charged with anything. Ms Higgins will have real credibility problems if she pursues criminal charges. Very hard to see a jury convicting.

Whether or not Morrison knew of the allegations is also a non issue. The aftermath of the incident was not something that he should have been involved in, especially as the allegations were not even raised at the initial disciplinary discussion.
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

Here’s a story in today’s Herald Sun,you know,that biased left wing paper that is always so unfair to conservative governments.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/natio ... 319c927368

It seems that Morrison has already changed his story about his knowledge of the alleged rape a couple of times already.First he said his office knew of it back in April 2019,now he claims that they didn’t know of it until this month.And the text messages mentioned in this article suggest that his office did know of the incident shortly after it occurred.

Of course people here will say move along,nothing to see here,as they always do.But I think most Australians would like to know if their Prime Minister is lying about his knowledge of a rape that occurred in one of his minister’s office.It goes to his credibility and his honesty,I’m sure most Australians would like to know if they can believe anything he says.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on her motivations.

Having just resigned, her behaviour will endear her only to a minority of employers. It may be that she is just pissed off at how the believes/perceives she's been treated and her motivation is as simple as retribution and cause maximum damage but I always assume in cases like this that there is a financial motivation until proven otherwise.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

doriswilgus wrote:Here’s a story in today’s Herald Sun,you know,that biased left wing paper that is always so unfair to conservative governments.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/natio ... 319c927368

It seems that Morrison has already changed his story about his knowledge of the alleged rape a couple of times already.First he said his office knew of it back in April 2019,now he claims that they didn’t know of it until this month.And the text messages mentioned in this article suggest that his office did know of the incident shortly after it occurred.

Of course people here will say move along,nothing to see here,as they always do.But I think most Australians would like to know if their Prime Minister is lying about his knowledge of a rape that occurred in one of his minister’s office.It goes to his credibility and his honesty,I’m sure most Australians would like to know if they can believe anything he says.
The whole story was orginally broken by a News Limited journo. That's what good journalism is about. :wink: :P