Post Match. Pies lose to Blues. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ The only surprising thing about that is that anyone could still seriously hold the opinion that Buckley might have done better.
Yeah, I posted the same thing in the coach’s thread. Today’s game only demonstrated that the club made the right decision in terminating Buckley’s career as Collingwood’s coach. We need a new set of eyes. We had a great win last week under Harvey, but really nothing has changed with team structures and the way we play, other than Harvey trying to find some way of playing Mason Cox in the team.
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

I think Robert Harvey knows he wont get a FT coaching gig.

He applied for the Saints role a few seasons ago, and wasn't even a strong chance I heard.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:Harvey is showing he will never be a Head Coach
He was never interested in the senior coaching position DTM. He was thrust into the role due to Buckley being forced to resign by the Buckley haters.
I have always posted that changing a coach mid season will do more harm than good. Our current terrible performances vindicate what I said
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
He was never interested in the senior coaching position DTM. He was thrust into the role due to Buckley being forced to resign by the Buckley haters.
I have always posted that changing a coach mid season will do more harm than good. Our current terrible performances vindicate what I said
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote: He was never interested in the senior coaching position DTM. He was thrust into the role due to Buckley being forced to resign by the Buckley haters.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Also Notice our real Lack of Sticking a Tackle Today
I am Da Man
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

Still can't put in a full 4qtr effort
Too many turnovers and cheap goals to Carlton cost us.

The last quarter effort was truly dissapointing.
There are positive signs.
It jus goes to show we are missing key position roles.
Half Forward and key Half Back roles.
Moore is a star and missed but maybe key back with height that can handle the big forwards.
As for a forward we have not had one since Travis Cloke and Buckley ruined his career.

Hopefully these get rectified and with a new coach a change of gamestyle and we see change in 2022.

We have to believe..........
The Great Macedonian Marvel
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Well I didn't expect that kind of capitulation... guess it doesn't matter this season. At least Henry showed some good signs early...
Not blaming Buckley?
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

PyreneesPie wrote:
warburton lad wrote:Mindful of the laws of defamation, but wanting to air my grievances, I note the following:

Mayne won't be on the list in 2022 and therefore we can get 5 games into Tom Wilson.

Madgen is an honest broker, but does not impact on the match to a high enough degree; time to get 5 games into Keane to see if he is up to snuff..

Thomas is a compulsory 12 day out with concussion- time to get a look at Ginnivan...

Poulter is a wingman- please play him there and, yep, must play the last five games.

Sidey has been marvellous soldier over many seasons, but please play McRae for the next four games- bring Sidey back for a farewell game in Round 22 against the Dons..

If Callum Brown has a shoulder injury, he can go out for Poulter.

Give Cameron a full game in the ruck in the VFL- Bring in either Lynch or Cox to 'fatten them up for market'...
In terms of fattening up Coxy to get better market value (or even keep him ourselves), could he be given a run as a tall defender/ruckman? He's not slow and he'd be a great spoiler coming over the back, with his height and long arms. Kicking out of defensive 50 might be an issue, but he has decent handball  skills and could dish off to other defenders.

Best way to fattening him up is to never select him again
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ The only surprising thing about that is that anyone could still seriously hold the opinion that Buckley might have done better.
Classless to dance on the grave of such a great servant of the Pies.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Arrogant and delusional. Can’t believe what we dished up today. What a waste of opportunity.
no second chances
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

What a bullshit assessment. Our season was dead before he started, then Moore was out for the season. Last week we beat the reigning premiers.

I understand this is a fan forum and people are entitled to their views but fmd <Snip - let's try keep it respectful. Thanks, BBMods>.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

^ I think Henry is the one genuine *STAR* in the making for us. He has the right stuff. Athletic, quick, strong hands, speed, size, confidence and can kick a goal. Really looking forward to watching his progress.

Not sure on Poulter, Bianco & Kelly just yet, they have good aspects to them but also have some significant weaknesses that may count against them in time. Poulter isn't quick and has a light frame. He may be a Robert Flower, I hope so. Bianco is also not quick, a bit small and bottom heavy. His skills are good though. He may be a Greg Williams, I hope so. Will Kelly, well, he can't get a run at it yet. Ruscoe and MacReary look like blue collar types.

There is not a lot of A-Grade class coming through, but I think Henry might be the only one. It is hurting our onfield performances not having that quality youth coming through and with our ageing star output it's going to create a void for several years.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Anyone who thinks Cox can make us better or think we are better off playing him for trade wares need to disappear for a while because your going to be very disappointed.
But that’s probably why CFC is where it’s at.
no second chances