Gladys is Gorrrnnnnnn

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I know it’s a controversial topic and I’m probably too gung ho or just naive but I couldn’t care less if people listen to my phone conversations. They could then later help clarify some of the stuff to me
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:The significant difference, of course, is that one recollection was a political issue, whereas the other is potentially a criminal one - but carry on with the party-political garbage.

By they way, I know you aren't Captain Reliable - but 2018 is only 3 years ago, not 5.
Well the cannot recall line in your article was speaking about the clay target club grant in December 2016, which is 5 years ago...

But you are right, who gets a grant before an election is a political issue, ruining 6.5 million lives and killing hundreds is definitely a criminal issue. Good to see you agree...
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

You obviously aren't following the proceeding. The questioning started with her texts and conversations in 2018. Here's a sample of some of her answers in the first 30 minutes of her testimony:
I don’t recall receiving the message but I do recall, I don’t, I don’t recall the message but I think there was an issue with the Tumut Hospital during the by-election but I can’t be certain. ...

I may have. I don’t recall. ...

I don’t recall. ...

I don’t recall that, and, but as I said earlier, I recall some announcement at the Tumut Hospital, if I’m not mistaken, during the by-election. But I don’t recall anything before that. ...

I don’t recall this conversation and what happened subsequently. ...

Doesn’t say that I may not have, but I, I don’t recall, yep.
See fufrther: https://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/investigati ... ranscripts
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

You’re right I’m not, I read the article YOU posted that was talking about 2016 and that she cannot recall why she went against treasury advice.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-29/ ... /102539148
Former New South Wales premier Gladys Berejiklian and ex-Liberal MP Daryl Maguire engaged in serious corrupt conduct when they were a couple, the state's corruption watchdog has found.

It found Ms Berejiklian breached the public trust in 2016 and 2017 by overseeing the awarding of a grant to the Australian Clay Target Association (ACTA) in Wagga Wagga without disclosing her personal relationship with Mr Maguire.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

It's interesting the difference between the NSW and Victorian IBAC's.

Gladys was able to be found guilty of corruption despite it not being criminal behaviour, whereas in Victoria Dan and others have avoided being labelled as corrupt specifically because it wasn't considered criminal behaviour.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Jon Faine tweeted:
-Gobbo & cops…. no charges
-Gladys & Daryl…. no charges
-war crimes…. no charges even after years of investigations
-Robodebt…. low income people hounded, prosecuted and some suicides
Comforting to know that everyone is equal before the law …..NOT

That's on the money.