Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:Lets imagine for a moment he was white and he was bullied terribly. Would you take a different view on how has has approached this issue?
If I may, that is a very poor analogy. He is not white and bullying is not anything like systemic racism.

Not any of us that are not black can hope to imagine what its like to be black and discriminated against for that reason alone.
I cannot imagine what it would be like to be transgender, have dwarfism, have autism, suffered abuse etc either. Emotional damage occurs in many sphere's of life as we should not necessarily accept that someone is entitled to react in whatever way they wish just because they are victims.

Heritier is a victim. I also happen to disagree with his decision making. That does not make me racist or unsympathetic to his experiences.
agree with all of that.

i just dont get why people cant just be more tolerant of each others differences.

for this one, since there are 2 other explayers also involved, and other players confirmed what happened, to get past this i reckon the club needs to arrange a sit down, not an open forum, but a sit down with lawyers. hopefully payouts wont be necessary, but Heritier feels he needs closure, and unitl he gets it, this is not going away. quite frankly this needs to be dealt with.

as for bullying not being like systamatic racism, well bullying doesnt start at birth and continue forever, unless you happen to be born into one of those families you seen on the midday movie that make my dad look halfway human. I cant imagine having to set myself everytime i walk out my front door just because my skin is a darker colour. second guessing every comment made to you. how painful that must be.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: 100% agree - if we all suffered serious psychological harm at the hands of our employers, I know that every one of us would all just move on when our employers published a report about how they're handling things now - because that would just make our psychological harm vanish instantly. You know, just like changing safety practices from next week instantly fixes the bloke whose leg was chopped off by the circular saw last week, no surgery necessary....
OH spare me the violin stuff mate, please, H wants to drag the Club to rack and ruin, he wants to break us. Tell me this, he said yrs ago, that fellow players called him an hurtful nickname, starting with the word C, he hated it, yet used the nickname HIMSELF, in his own words, he happily used that nickname he so called hated, to describe himself, in his own bio. So, go figure that one out. BTW i note you only target me here, no body else on this, and they have said worse about him than i have, so whats your agenda here,may i ask. ?? Face facts, we were the only club to do that Do better report, NO other club did, yet look at adelaide and the Hawks now, what does that tell you, hey. WE have a whole new Board, Pres, Coach, assistant coaches, only two players remain from his day, yet hes still pissing and moaning, after we must have apologised profusely a million times. He just wants to drag us down forever, suffers the fact ihes totally irrelevant now, and cant move on, his massive ego tripping wont let him. :o
I guess you think that was somehow a response to the point I made. It doesn't appear to me, though, that you want to engage in rational conversation about the issue.

Thats a real Scotty Morrison dodgy answer, i think i gave a perfect ratiional response actually. YOU failed to tell me why, if H hated that C word he alleges he was called by team mates, all those yrs ago, WHY then he print the word in his OWN words, in his OWN Bio details, ?? He said it about himself, remember. Hes a total hypocrite and never ending whinger of the first order. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

PNC, it's pretty clear you've never listened or really taken in anything he's had to say on that topic. I'd advise reading and thinking about Héritier's own response to this from last year:

https://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.p ... 31#2011931
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Nothing new being discussed here, and points of view appear pretty much entrenched.

Let's avoid the iceberg shall we?
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers