A Federal anti-corruption commission?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Pies4shaw wrote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-28/victorian-ombudsman-report-into-labor-red-shirts-rorts/101275052
... Deborah Glass has criticised Victoria Police's handling of its 2018 investigation and said it should apologise to the 17 former Labor staff it arrested in dramatic pre-dawn raids.
Correct weight. The Ombudswoman also found that there was no evidence that the twice elected Premier of Victoria the Right Honourable Daniel Andrews designed, facilitated nor propagated the red shirts affair. Deborah Glass says it’s a waste of public resources.

Does this mean that the so called opposition ought to foot the bill for this frivolous “fishing expedition” ?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Well, they're big on "user pays", so maybe it's an option. :wink:
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-28/victorian-ombudsman-report-into-labor-red-shirts-rorts/101275052
... Deborah Glass has criticised Victoria Police's handling of its 2018 investigation and said it should apologise to the 17 former Labor staff it arrested in dramatic pre-dawn raids.
Correct weight. The Ombudswoman also found that there was no evidence that the twice elected Premier of Victoria the Right Honourable Daniel Andrews designed, facilitated nor propagated the red shirts affair. Deborah Glass says it’s a waste of public resources.
She also said that Chairman Dan, " openly confirms he was aware of the scheme" which, while not criminal, boiled down to "extensive misconduct" and widespread misuse of public funds by the Labor Party."

Of course it would be a (further)waste of public funds investigating further. Everyone knows the Chairman has his fingerprints all over it, the evidence is that no one was sacked over it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
She also said that Chairman Dan, " openly confirms he was aware of the scheme" which, while not criminal, boiled down to "extensive misconduct" and widespread misuse of public funds by the Labor Party."

Of course it would be a (further)waste of public funds investigating further. Everyone knows the Chairman has his fingerprints all over it, the evidence is that no one was sacked over it.
No that is plain wrong. The twice elected Premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews didn’t design, facilitate or propogate the so called red shirts affair. That we know they are the facts. It is also the opposite of “having his fingerprints all over it”. However you are entitled to having your opinion even if they are wrong or no matter how much you’d prefer them to be true (in this instance).

Adem Somurek was sacked
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote: The twice elected Premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews didn’t design, facilitate or propogate the so called red shirts affair. That we know they are the facts.
Sorry old mate, but wrong. You are consistent.

saying that she can't find evidence to prove something that everyone knows happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that the inquiry was flawed.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Everyone knows is not evidence your worship. There’s a lot I’d like to pin on people with hearsay but can’t do it; reason, no evidence. When you find the evidence let me know & I’ll be the first to say he should stand down. Wishing something does not make it true.

So the facts are no fingerprints. The other facts include no criminal wrongdoing.

Next.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

LOL, your biases on the "evidence " are beautiful.

We all know what Chairman Dan is and how he operates. You would be calling for a public hanging if he was a LibNat.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Fact is Dan has admitted he knew about it, knew what was happening and knew it wasn't legal yet as the leader of the party did zilch...

What great leadership!

At least now you know you can rob a bank and if you get caught just offer to pay the money back and no criminal conviction, if it's fair for the government then it's fair for everyone.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:LOL, your biases on the "evidence " are beautiful.

We all know what Chairman Dan is and how he operates. You would be calling for a public hanging if he was a LibNat.
The old “we all know” defence
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Good for you :P

The facts are that, at minimum, he knew all about it and did nothing to stop it. Doesn't say a lot about his leadership or ethics

But hey, to paraphrase a Trumpism, he could walk out on Spring St and shoot someone dead and you'd support him, probably using the argument they were likely a Lib voter. :wink:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:LOL, your biases on the "evidence " are beautiful.

The old “we all know” defence
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

And where there's The Guardian, there's the Epsilon minuses who think they're Alphas.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

So you did read a novel in Form 5, then? Or just the publisher's blurb?
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Good for you :P

The facts are that, at minimum, he knew all about it and did nothing to stop it. Doesn't say a lot about his leadership or ethics

But hey, to paraphrase a Trumpism, he could walk out on Spring St and shoot someone dead and you'd support him, probably using the argument they were likely a Lib voter. :wink:
Nah mate, if he was responsible for it then he should go but the facts are he wasn’t: plain and simple. End of story.

If the twice elected Premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews went out onto Spring Street and shot Donald Trump I would still vote for him
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Shit, if he actually did that, I might even vote for him. :P

Might. :wink: