Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

[quote="Crimson Mask"]^

That ignores the fact that under Buckley, we played a very positive and attacking brand of footy in 2018 and almost (should have) won the flag - missing our main 2 tall defenders, and with Treloar playing with a lame leg, and Pendles a crook back.

I think Bucks coached well, with the players available. As for 2022, apart from the loss of Grundy, this year has been our most injury free season that I can recall.

However, if you ask me right now who is the better coach, I'd say McCrae. But let's not pretend Bucks was a shit coach when his overall record, with seeming injury ridden seasons one after the other, is evidence he was a very good coach.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ No, we didn't. We were awful to watch in 2018. We just didn't lose as dreadfully - until it mattered - as we did in other years on Buckley's watch. Sadly, Nathan could not coach and he wasted the careers of some of our greatest players, including Pendlebury and Sidebottom.

The Buckley game plan was to handball defensively around the back of packs until the ball was turned over and barely-competent opposition kicked a goal. It was never a premiership-winning style.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Not sure if this is the right thread but its well worth having a look at Fly's times the couch in the Yokayi program https://www.afl.com.au/video/832904/yok ... 1941800001
I think therefore I think - I think
23 YIPPEE!!!

Happy anniversary Craig Fly McRae

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Today marks 1 year or 12 months since Fly was announced as Collingwood coach
I was there at the announcement at AIA was in the function room.
Was around 1pm.
Media was there also some members there.
Bar was open which was good too.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

And guess what I didn’t have a clue who was coaching us all I wanted was Craig I know there were some names bandied about but it was Craig who I wanted.
When I entered the room I saw Craig on the stage I was getting happy.
Was graham wright and Pendlebury in attendance.
Was a low key event nothing like the Malthouse announcement.
Then just had light refreshments afterwards then Craig had a bit of a kick of the footy on the oval.
Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

Melbourne was in lockdown last September , only key people with the club and media were able to attend Craig’s appointment as coach
1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Wondering whether to send him a bunch of roses or give them in person.
I don't want to come on too strong. Thoughts??
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:Melbourne was in lockdown last September , only key people with the club and media were able to attend Craig’s appointment as coach
90nice is key personnel. He's the wellbeing manager for the players. I thought that was obvious with his caring statement about Henry's hand injury.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I get in everywhere folks lockdowns dont stop me
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

A couple of quick questions:

1) Are you by any chance a ghost?
2) Have you ever attended any functions at the Overlook Hotel?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Jack "90 Nice" Torrance
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Where's Dyso when you need him?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Fly has been a bloody marvel, well done Craig, been unreal season.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Thanks for linking that.

Love listening to Fly.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆