So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Eye fillet, lamb loin chops, asparagus and mushroom with garlic.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Skids

Post by Skids »

Picked up some nice blue spot emperor for tonight. Will make some sweet spud chips and my old fave; onion, cucumber & tomatoes, layered slices with vinegar, salt & pepper salad.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Leftovers the last 2 nights, tonight I'm doing Lambs Fry with bacon and onions in a red wine sauce with mash potato and steamed veges.

Yum.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Hubby rings, I’m at the supermarket, me” the kids are coming to dinner, I’m making eggplant Parma, ‘ him ‘you mean buying it?” No, making it,’ mr encouragement “ just buy it that one always tastes good, “ miss never defensive “ **** you” him “ well I hope you have a back up plan”

After dinner him “I was wr wrwro ng”! Mwah “**** you”

Also made baked cauliflower with crunchy topping and walnut and pear salad with blue cheese and mustard dressing! All damn yum!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Pad Thai, with tonnes of veggies and packet base and Minnie incredible lemon pies from scratch, recipe is on Taste page, omg so so good! Yum!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

BBQ porterhouse and salad. Tomorrow meatballs, tomato sauce on steamed veg at work. I make up 2k’s of a meat recipe each week and freeze things like meatballs, curries etc then take them to work with veges ready to microwave and a small salad.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice work, no/low carbs.

I make a big bowl of salad on Sunday and eat with last nights left over protein for lunch.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Copleland Trophy worthy meal.

Double cheeseburger and 4 steamed dim sims, all cooked at home.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Up in Toc for the weekend, oicked up a Greek salad and some jalapeno bread from Woolies in cobram on the way up, was yum Friday night with a T bone.

Saturday night, felt like some Lamb, so called into the local IGA, a seasoned butterflied lamb shoulder was going for around the same price as 4 loin chops so I grabbed the shoulder.

Pre heated the shitty gas oven, pan seared the shoulder on both sides, put it in a small bakig dish covered in foil and cooked for 90 minutes covered, 20 uncovered, the cover and rest for 20.

Served with the salad and bread with butter, yum.
Skids

Post by Skids »

New camp is tiny (238 on-site today) compared to Roy Hill.
I went in for dinner and there was 6 other people in the mess.

Nowhere near the variety here, but the quality is pretty good.
Tonight I had Mustard roast beef, peas, roast carrot & brocolli with a spoon full of the roasted garlic. Meat was tender and tasty.

Back to the 8/6 roster and fly home tomorrow :)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Anyone who wants my brain can have it. Trying to work I get anxiety symptoms, trying to chill out I get bored.

So after killing the morning with a 5km walk, cooked brunch at home and a cruise the Aldi to check out the special buys, did some pruning to the front tree that overhangs the footpath (makes a nice tunnel) then got the drill, hammer, chisel, nail punch and pop rivet gun and repaired an old garden ornament windmill.

3pm, too early to start drinking? Just, so I'll make mum some soup.

Cauliflower, Leek and blue cheese with some tiny crispy bacon bits mixed through.

Cheers
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Meatloaf tonight, home made, with hardboiled eggs inside, with mash potato and sweet potato mixed together, steamed vege and gravy.

Came out perfect, deadset yum.
Skids

Post by Skids »

I've got a massive (800g) tomahawk steak in the oven with some spuds. Some steamed broccoli and corn with that is 'fly out' night feed.
The steak will slice up and feed both of us easy.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Very nice, this morning a created a variation on an omelette for brunch. I only eat 3 meals a day if I get breakfast in before 9, otherwise I do a big brunch and that lasts me til Dinner.

So missed breakfast this morning, for brunch I had some leftover mince in the fridge from the meatloaf, so I fried up a small handfull of that with some olive oil and butter in a small pan, once it was brown threw in a large handful of green stir fry veges (even has fkn kale in it), stirred that around until the leafy stuff has all settled and reduced in size, then tipped over top 3 beaten eggs and put the lid on. Once the eggs start rising evenly, she's cooked. Fold in half and serve up. Bloody tasty.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Lamb Backstrap with Greek Salad. Yum.