Record Victorian State Government Debt

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nothing stupid about renewable energy, just the frantic pace that those who've drank the Koolaide want us to progress it.

These Extinction rebellion (or whatever) dipshit protesters should be used as speedhumps and Police should look away.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Jezza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:Land tax = increased rent
Tax business = increased prices
Payroll tax = more unemployment and increased prices.
This state is cooked and in for a world of pain.

Victorians will be learning the hard way what real pain is when they elect incompetent people to manage the economy.
Some of us clearly remember the world of pain when we elected Kennet. I remember clearly the immense trauma (and far worse) he caused when he fired people like getting rid of flies. We have long memories and nothing will ever match that pain again whatever uncle Dan does
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Victoria has the worst debt burden of 17 similar states across the world, and credit agencies warn it is likely to deteriorate unless tough decisions are made to cut infrastructure spending and raise more taxes.
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/vict ... 5daus.html
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:
Victoria has the worst debt burden of 17 similar states across the world, and credit agencies warn it is likely to deteriorate unless tough decisions are made to cut infrastructure spending and raise more taxes.
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/vict ... 5daus.html
Interesting but ultimately a meaningless measure: not sure what it means as there are multiple states in Germany and Provinces in Canada: better than some but worse than others I assume.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman